Press Conference The Champions v Them pre match press conference

He mentioned the other day some players were double jabbed giving more options.

Clearly trying to give away very little but I would expect some of the Covid affected players (non positives) to be available.

As if he’s going to tell the press the players available accurately. Come on - we’re smart enough to keep them guessing.

Gary Mac and Stevie Davis telling the press nothing, which is good. At least Katic and Bacuna are back in the fold. I suspect we will have another couple back to strengthen us. Our midfield that played yesterday is pretty much of that will play Sunday, adding Roofe and Kent/Wright will be a major boost. Would like Bassey to be back as he will gladly replace the lacklustre Barisic who’s really off the boil just now.

Morelos needs to dig his proper shooting boots out if he’s gonna get anything on Sunday.

The rest of the side we can be happy with, and if we click at the right times we will take care of this fake nonsense on Sunday. We will show them how far behind they really are and shut the pandering press up while we are at it.

Never forget that we are still the Champions.

It’s quite clear he’s been told to keep everything tight lipped, it’s 100% clear there’s some mind games going on here and I’m all for it.

I hope you are right

Gerrard hasn't really engaged in mind games since hes arrived though

We could be without vital players for this game, and there is no basis for suggesting GM is playing mind games. Without those players who have proved to be very good in OF games then the task becomes harder. Just like last night, he also referred to younger players being drafted in.

We could be without vital players for this game, and there is no basis for suggesting GM is playing mind games. Without those players who have proved to be very good in OF games then the task becomes harder. Just like last night, he also referred to younger players being drafted in.

I would think McGregor and/or McLaughlin may be available if they are only "close contacts" (as due to their age I would think they are most likely to be double vaxed)

Gary Mac would make a great politician; remarkable ability to completely avoid answering direct questions without coming out and saying 'i'm not telling you'. Good on him, keep that lot guessing till Sunday.

I think someone has had a word with Gary Mac after last night and told him to keep quiet. No chance is that the players he was referring to.

For some reason at this moment in time if I had to pick between Roofe or Kent to return for Sunday it'd be Roofe currently. Hopefully both make it.

There's a third option. They might genuinely not know yet. Perhaps a late fitness tests for the likes of Kent and Wright, or still working with the authorities to secure the availability of close contacts.

Either way, try and relax a bit. I really hoped winning 55 would release some of our supporters from the mental prison they seem to have been living in.

I'm glad social media didn't have the same penetration during Wattie's 3IAR. This covid outbreak would be child's play compared to the team we sent out in the first OF 09/10 (after three consecutive 0-0 draws in the league!).

Ffs, the panic on here that no one is coming back, then you watch the press conference and Macca giving f all up.

This is the right way to do it, give them nothing.

Just watched some highlights from their game last night, and AZ missed a handfull of good chances, their defence looked awful with one mistake after another. I know we have been poor, but after seeing them play a half decent side for the first time has given my confidence a wee boost.

It's like people don't have ears. Gave nothing away about the covid guys, named Barker, Katic & Bacuna coming in to the squad & the people back from suspension, which would be Roofe & Lundstram.
No wonder when people post good information people are skeptical to believe it because the amount of people that post nonsense far outweighs the good.

There's a third option. They might genuinely not know yet. Perhaps a late fitness tests for the likes of Kent and Wright, or still working with the authorities to secure the availability of close contacts.

Either way, try and relax a bit. I really hoped winning 55 would release some of our supporters from the mental prison they seem to have been living in.

I'm glad social media didn't have the same penetration during Wattie's 3IAR. This covid outbreak would be child's play compared to the team we sent out in the first OF 09/10 (after three consecutive 0-0 draws in the league!).

I can remember this forum ahead of that match :-D

We started with a back 4 of....

Little Weir Papac Smith

And won!

The players know how to beat this mob troops. Everybody chill. Give me a struggling for form Barisic up against forrest every game. Give me McCrorie ahead of Hart and Stevie could haul me off the couch to keep Turnbull quiet, they're gash and we'll prove it again.

I can remember this forum ahead of that match :-D

We started with a back 4 of....

Little Weir Papac Smith

And won!

Mental. Whittaker in LMF as well. Little got injured early and was replaced by Novo so a huge tactical reshuffle.

We beat them 1-0 in a vital OF the season before (Davis winner) with a left side of Christian Dailly and Steven Smith.

Hopefully we do see a couple of surprise inclusions, however when are we ever on the receiving end of an injury/squad boost on OF day? It's usually always the opposite.

Just watched some highlights from their game last night, and AZ missed a handfull of good chances, their defence looked awful with one mistake after another. I know we have been poor, but after seeing them play a half decent side for the first time has given my confidence a wee boost.
If we bring our pressing game to the fore as they did, we'll win but we haven't played like that for a few games,maybe Malmo first half where you could say we looked like ourselves.

Back