The Champions Wall - now pointless?

a_weir

The Champions Wall was sold to fans after our glorious 55th league title but it was never taken up in the numbers that the club expected to... and we are no longer the league champions (until we win 56 next year, of course).

Hundreds (thousands?) of fans will have invested their hard earned in something that, to be honest, has much less importance now that a year has passed.

It's still for sale, surprisingly over here https://www.therangerschampionswall.co.uk/BRICS/APP/Store/#/RANGERS/home

The mosaic is still poignant but features Gerrard right in the middle celebrating 55... time to scrap it, rethink and do a different mosaic?

We dare to dream of course but next Wednesday... we might have a better option for a mosaic...

Its not just SG on it! its a commemoration of our title wins through the decades. Gazza's not a Rangers player anymore, but that's not a reason to take it down. It can always be updated with new trophies.

the "burn it down" approach is a bit much imo OP.

After the weekend and the season has ended, the Board and their attitude towards the Rangers support needs to be considered by our fan base.

Numerous examples of looking for our cash up front and not fulfilling the order, or making an almighty mess of it.

All focus needs to be on Wednesday and Saturday now though.
Our team stands on the edge of an incredible achievement, and I am thoroughly enjoying this experience.

Apparently the first phase is starting this summer according to email today

BF07-B663-16-AA-4-B8-E-A69-C-B287-C7-C3-CC7-B.jpg

They should have chosen a different name - Legends Wall or similar. Unfortunately in a two horse race Champions is always going to be associated with the league title.

Based on the posts on here I’d be surprised if a Scottish Cup win will see many takers.

The Champions Wall was sold to fans after our glorious 55th league title but it was never taken up in the numbers that the club expected to... and we are no longer the league champions (until we win 56 next year, of course).

Hundreds (thousands?) of fans will have invested their hard earned in something that, to be honest, has much less importance now that a year has passed.

It's still for sale, surprisingly over here https://www.therangerschampionswall.co.uk/BRICS/APP/Store/#/RANGERS/home

The mosaic is still poignant but features Gerrard right in the middle celebrating 55... time to scrap it, rethink and do a different mosaic?

We dare to dream of course but next Wednesday... we might have a better option for a mosaic...
This conversation has been over and over. Liverpool have this. Its not pointless it's has the number of each trophy won then added to each time. Its not just for 1 trophy. Rangers needed to do a CGI video of this and market it properly then it would take off. Liverpool fans bought into the idea of it because it was marketed properly

Don’t you get a decent amount of MyGers points for buying into this? That should be enough to entice a few more folk to part with their cash for it.

Anyone heard when Phase 1 of this is starting? I have just purchased so I wonder if I will fall into phase 1 or 2. Has a spade been into the ground for this yet? I’m not nearby so haven’t had the chance to see for myself.

Again it's not pointless, it's updates after every trophy gained. See Liverpools champions wall

Now mostly referred to as the Wall of Champions and will feature 9 Legends from over the years.

Your link actually makes that quite clear. Even has an image showing who the 9 Legends are.

The permanent installation due to be built next to Ibrox Stadium, allows you to upload a photograph to be included as part of a unique photomosaic creating an iconic image of nine Rangers legends.

EDIT: Just realised I've been caught out by another thread bump from earlier in the year.:rolleyes:

Ach we’ll be the champs again before you know it!
Brilliant to have a wall celebrating that magnificent achievement - hell there’s still a part of me basking in it!

Find it strange people are against it being called the campions wall ffs. Champions come and go. Still the most successful team in scotland… champions to me

Remarkable (and disappointing) that there’s no dates available for work on this yet they send mailers out asking for our hard earned

Guess it depends whether you class 5 points as a 'decent amount' I guess.
MyGers points comparisons on FF tend to look at the 1 point per matchday programme. I think programmes are £5 these days so on that basis 10 points would be nearer the mark for the Wall.

Phase 1 is starting this summer but what does that actually entail?

If the marketing had been done right this would be in place already but how do you fix it now (assuming scrapping it is not an option)?

Perhaps allow more than 1 purchase per MyGers holder (max 2 where 5 points are allocated). Or bump the points up to 10 (existing backers up by 5 so they aren’t disadvantaged).

No it's not pointless, its called champions wall not 55 wall. Each trophy gets updated after each win. Liverpool has the same

Dont want to be the guy that moans at everything but surely they shouldve made the wall it was going on look a bit better as well and hopefully some groundwork infront of it as well.
Yeah, that doesn’t look great

£45 donation, still think they should’ve just bagged it

If they were going to use a picture of Baxter would it not have been appropriate to show one of him in his pomp (v-neck strip) as opposed to one showing him when he was finished?

Is that being overly harsh and pedantic?

Back