The club doctor had to go into the crowd to help a fan after they collapsed

We had a 90min walk to the stadium, got held back for 15mins at a time outside the ground by two police lines and then found out my seat was the very highest in the stadium!
By the time I got to the top I was seriously dehydrated (it was 30°+) and the kiosks had run out of bottles of water!
To sit for over 3 hours in that heat without access to ANY water was totally unacceptable...I just hope the person in question is OK!

Some said the Frankfurt fans had access to water all night was that the case?

No it’s not the case.

I was in section S45 which was close to there section, all kiosks from S45 & round the Frankfurt end closed after 15-20 mins. 1 kiosk opened at HT in the Frankfurt end & it sold out of water within 5 mins.

Without sounding like a hypochondriac, I am shocked no 1 was seriously injured due to the lack of fluids on sale. It was down rite dangerous.

Getting any sort of information from the local police or stewards was as usual in these countries, an absolute disgrace.

I had to pick up an empty bottle & fill it with tap water around 50 mins as I physically couldn’t cope any longer without fluids.

For those giving the fans in the stadium pelters for the lack of atmosphere & what not. Think again, every bear I seen was helping each other with sharing water etc & this is totally commendable.

What are the Frankfurt fans saying?

At HT they were absolutely fuming & rightly so. It was down rite dangerous.

The thing that I just can’t grasp. On entry to the stadium plastic water bottles got confiscated but at kiosks it was plastic bottles on sale..

It really was an absolute shambles & a miracle no 1 was seriously injured.

Hopefully we get an update on the Rangers fan that was taken away. They were performing CPR on him at one point.
Aye mate it didn’t look good but I’m hoping that how quickly they left after the defib meant that they got him back round

I
I was F41 I didn't go for water but kept seeing folk come back. Issue seemed more at the rangers end from what I heard
I was in f41 as well. There were two kiosks but the queues were so big you couldn't get near them. The guy next to me went for water at half time but there was none to be had.

Exacerbated when the entire city was closed on the walk back. Couple of pizza bars but again the queues were enormous. Eventually got water after 6 hours following a 3 mile walk back at the hotel

The water situation is the corn on top of a shit cake.

We all knew that stadium simply wasn't adequate to host a final of any size.

Hopefully the fan is okay and there are no further reports of fan issues due to the horrendous circumstances.

Aye mate it didn’t look good but I’m hoping that how quickly they left after the defib meant that they got him back round
I think he was ok, they wheeled him away with just an oxygen mask on and had stopped CPR. I’m not 100% sure, but I don’t think he was put on the defib. Either way, hopefully he’s ok.

We had a 90min walk to the stadium, got held back for 15mins at a time outside the ground by two police lines and then found out my seat was the very highest in the stadium!
By the time I got to the top I was seriously dehydrated (it was 30°+) and the kiosks had run out of bottles of water!
To sit for over 3 hours in that heat without access to ANY water was totally unacceptable...I just hope the person in question is OK!
S45 by any chance? That was my route/section too, of the case, but with a longer wait to get in. Going through that then seeing our own being critical at the support being lathargic is sore to take.

I think he was ok, they wheeled him away with just an oxygen mask on and had stopped CPR. I’m not 100% sure, but I don’t think he was put on the defib. Either way, hopefully he’s ok.
Looked like the defibrillator from where we were but glad it doesn’t seem to have been the case

there wouldn’t have been any shortage of fluids & food in the hospitality and UEFA members areas.

Nothing will be said by UEFA, as admitting there was any sort of issue with policing or providing fluids to ordinary fans makes UEFA look inept.

Those aspects will simply be ignored

Something to consider as well was that a good chunk of our fans were in the ground an hour before the Frankfurt end got really busy.

Frankfurt obviously had similar issues to us in terms of water supply but they maybe benefitted from being outside the ground a bit longer.

Looked like the defibrillator from where we were but glad it doesn’t seem to have been the case
I’m not 100% sire myself to be honest mate. Here’s hoping for a good news update.
A guy actually took a turn near us in N36. It took forever for anybody to come over to him despite loads of folk trying to get the stewards attention. Eventually 5 policemen appeared, walked to where he was and then called for a steward. The steward then brought the guy a cup of water. Not a great response all round from the stadium staff to be honest.

It was a shambles. Genuinely felt sorry for those who had kids with them as it was brutal in that heat.

€3 for a cup of water was an absolute piss take as well.

I was in F41 and they had ran out of water in the kiosks 30 mins before KO ffs

My son in law went back down just but still no water only Fanta which was fine as the heat at KO was still unreal

Fans were forced to drink tap water from bathrooms and then they decided to cut off that water source is baffling given you could not buy water

The Sevilla stadium as a venue for the EL final is a disgrace

A death trap and the seating style should see Health & Safety condemning it as few people were falling and there is no way to stop you toppling into people below you

Whoever picked this stadium needs questions asked

The smallest and worst equipped in Seville so why was it awarded the game?

It really does bring UEFA into question who picked this dangerous shithole as the selected venue ?

An absolute shambles of a stadium there was guys in the bins looking for an empty bottles or cups to get a drink of manky water from the taps. I went down at half time and the Germans had forced open the shutters on one of the kiosks then half a dozen Spanish police in riot gear and batons out appeared. Disgrace a dump like that being given a major final.

I don't think anything is going to happen because it's UEFA but I noticed Andrew Dickson at Sky was at the game, you'd think he might mention it to his employers

sounds like a complete shambles of organising a football game for 2 sets of supporters who simply just want to watch their club's biggest match in recent history

I went to buy water at half time and everything was sold out!!

I was given a plastic cup and told to use toilet/tap water.

Luckily I was the back row of the first tier and for the rest of the game was back and forward to the toilet and drank 5 pints of the stuff.

It was a shambles.

At HT they were absolutely fuming & rightly so. It was down rite dangerous.

The thing that I just can’t grasp. On entry to the stadium plastic water bottles got confiscated but at kiosks it was plastic bottles on sale..

It really was an absolute shambles & a miracle no 1 was seriously injured.
They threw out my refillable water bottle before I entered Cartuja. Wasn't in the mood to argue but soon regretted it

Was a disgrace mate. As was that jumped up prick on that horse holding everyone up getting into the stadium

On top of no water, 2 of my mates had snall 100ml bottles of sun lotion, one of them is a ginga and reacts badly to the sum, and that was taken off them. Friggin disgrace the way football fans are treated in Spain.

Shameful you couldn't buy water or juice especially after a roasting hot day.

Unacceptable and dangerous
It was dangerous pal , my 2 young lads were drinking water from the toilets as the kiosks had zero .
They waited in a queue for an hr at the kiosks to be told nothing . !
They were away that long I thought I’d been bumped.

Without knowing the circumstances of this individual case, the state that people were getting themselves into in 30 degree heat was quite dangerous. Knowing it won't be popular opinion but a lot of our fans treat every game as an all day drinking session (which is their choice) but in 35 degree heat might have needed a bit of personal responsibility.

It was a shambles. Genuinely felt sorry for those who had kids with them as it was brutal in that heat.

€3 for a cup of water was an absolute piss take as well.
I had my 10 year old. Was allowed in with a sealed water bottle but had a sealed coke bottle taken off him. The guy in immediately in front of us had his power bank taken off him but we were allowed in with ours !!!! We were in at 6:30 - F14 - two kiosks with 1 serving- no burgers chips available. Luckily got last of the Fanta that I rationed. Upwards of 5 hours in the stadium with 1 hot dog. Shambles inside and out.

Without knowing the circumstances of this individual case, the state that people were getting themselves into in 30 degree heat was quite dangerous. Knowing it won't be popular opinion but a lot of our fans treat every game as an all day drinking session (which is their choice) but in 35 degree heat might have needed a bit of personal responsibility.

Irrespective of what people done throughout the day, it should be a given that in 2022 that you would be able buy some food and drink at one of the worlds biggest sporting events. There is genuinely better provisions at my local junior club.

Irrespective of what people done throughout the day, it should be a given that in 2022 that you would be able buy some food and drink at one of the worlds biggest sporting events. There is genuinely better provisions at my local junior club.
Yes you're right, there's no excuse for the way they've set up here bar laziness or a bad attitude towards British visitors. Rangers should be protesting or complaining in every way they can and going public on their disgust at the facilities.

Hopefully we get an update on the Rangers fan that was taken away. They were performing CPR on him at one point.

Fucking hell where was this?

I saw a fit and healthy lad in his 20s pass out from dehydration at about 6:30 in the upper tier at the rangers end.

Fucking hell where was this?

I saw a fit and healthy lad in his 20s pass out from dehydration at about 6:30 in the upper tier at the rangers end.
Right down the front of the main stand, behind the Rangers dugout.

I got a bottle of water from a kiosk at the ground that wasn't open, make of that what you will, there was at least 10 others who did also.
The fridges they had at the front of the kiosks were full of bottles and cans of beer but they were saying they were closed with nothing left.

Back