Official Compromise reached over Old firm ticketing - SPFL announcement

Is the new allocation of 5% good or bad

• Good

Votes: 626 48.3%
  • Bad

Votes: 670 51.7%

• Total voters
Copland rear. Before you say it, I won’t be affected and nor should I be. Anyone that bought a season ticket in the broomloan will always have known this day could have came though. Sympathy with them, but they bought a ticket in an end traditionally given to our rivals for over a hundred years.
As I suspected, the change won’t affect you. “and nor should it” - Enough said.

TV runs football. Sky want the SPFL deal for 4 old firm games a season, it’s that simple.

It’s the biggest part of the deal, and if those games have no away fans contributing to the atmosphere, then they’ll be making life very difficult for the SPFL. The league haven’t to this point; but they would start to invoke the rules and punish clubs who failed to deliver the minimum requirements if Sky started threatening to exit.

Even though our deal is a pittance compared to the EPL, it’s still millions of £ a year and a consistent revenue stream for the full league. You don’t bite the hand that feeds you.

2.5-3k fans is a sensible compromise. Mygers will benefit (more value in having it for a chance of a ticket) and the away support which isn’t a ‘minority’ but is actually the essence of the Rangers support and not just the casual fans.
Every extra seat gained at P@rkhead fr a Gers fans is seat lost to a Gers fan at Ibrox. This is a one sided deal and we're not on the right side.

See the wrecking the place comment, both clubs have an agreement any damages is paid for by the club.

Let’s be honest our support are anything but angels I’ve witnessed it on more than one occasion our support absolutely destroying the toilets there, easily thousands worth of damage. So we really can’t get all high and mighty on it.
Unless the pricks doing the wrecking are picking up the bill, they should cancel the agreement. Why should the club, any club, be financing the thugs and vandals who attach themselves? If those who have been kicking up a stink about getting tickets only want to go and burst seats, toilets or anything else, then nah. Fck that. Just go back to zero. There's no excuse.

Will be interesting to see how this changes when people realise we aren't going to get a fair deal from them and the 5% never materialises.

If the poll was Are you happy giving them 5% of Ibrox in return for 4% of the piggery I think the results would be very different.
Spot on. Anyone who thinks we will get even one more seat at the piggery than they get at Ibrox is living in cloud cuckoo land.

As I suspected, the change won’t affect you. “and nor should it” - Enough said.
Because it shouldn’t. I sit in the traditional rangers end. See if I had just bought my season ticket in the broomloan in last few seasons. I really couldn’t have a complaint now matter how pissed off I would be. The fact is it’s the end Celtic usually get and this day was always coming. Don’t be surprised if they get the full broomloan again one day either.

There you go our manager and team want us there.

End thread. Everything else is now obsolete. Supporting the team is all that matters.

We should've had 800 there that game but Celtic refused to give us tickets and the SPFL refused to act despite it being against the rules.

Start there before dishing out more tickets to that mob.

Unless the pricks doing the wrecking are picking up the bill, they should cancel the agreement. Why should the club, any club, be financing the thugs and vandals who attach themselves? If those who have been kicking up a stink about getting tickets only want to go and burst seats, toilets or anything else, then nah. Fck that. Just go back to zero. There's no excuse.
Seats? Toilets? I once witnessed the roof collapsing in the toilets at half time there once. The entire roof.

Every extra seat gained at P@rkhead fr a Gers fans is seat lost to a Gers fan at Ibrox. This is a one sided deal and we're not on the right side.
It’s not a ‘one sided deal’. We’re getting extra fans at their midden. Personally, I wouldn’t have them back in, but folk need to take a step back here - we didn’t really have a choice.

You don’t know. You’re just giving your opinion and nobody can ever won an argument with someone just giving their opinion.
Yes, but time will tell though.
We're getting the short end, if you think this deal is in our favour then you haven't been paying attention!

Because it shouldn’t. I sit in the traditional rangers end. See if I had just bought my season ticket in the broomloan in last few seasons. I really couldn’t have a complaint now matter how pissed off I would be. The fact is it’s the end Celtic usually get and this day was always coming. Don’t be surprised if they get the full broomloan again one day either.
I used to sit in the “traditional Rangers end” but gave my seat up when we were trying to oust the spivs. I ended up in the Broomloan after that.

Let's wait and see - but I severely doubt it. When the time comes, the goalposts will be shifted. We'll get 2500.
If they give us 2500 then the time after that we give them 2,100 which represents the same %. If they then give us 2,100 we then follow that up by giving them 1,700. That way it should only take a couple of seasons to get back to the 800.

But we don’t hate them as much. We give in to their demands. We fail to make a stand and they dictate the narrative.

Enjoy your day. Be careful what you sing, though. They took our anthem and have had us arrested…
We don't hate them enough. It has been the case since the early days of David Murray

The problem here is, and now will continue to be, that the fans should have been asked officially. There is/was plenty of time to do that before next season. By that I mean ST holders and them alone. Some extra weight should have been applied to the opinion of the fans in BF/BR who are impacted by the increased numbers when reviewing the answers. If that had been done, nobody could really complain.

I don't want any of them in the stadium, I get that 800 is probably by the rules, required but I'd have accepted the 2500 result if it was genuinely what the majority of fans wanted. Surely reasonable people would, for the most part, get behind a decision based on that sort of survey? Currently there is no way to know the majority opinion, not based on social media, not based on polls on here. Completely unknown and that will only lead to disagreement/ill feeling (as the various threads today show).

I completely get this thread will not be popular, as probably most the people on here are the people who go to away games.

The decision to give Them 2500 is a huge decision, and primarily a decision to appease the minority of vocal and committed fans who go to away games, and want to go back to Celtic Park to support our team.

Firstly, I completely understand the argument for for those supporters.

I find strange:

1:Statements saying the league/sky were involved. Why? Tv deal is locked in for years

2: The club losing money to compensate season ticket holders for 2 games a season. How can a company with shareholders justify less revenue?

3: welcoming a team who don't recognize our club, the old firm, ran pedophile ring for 30 years with open arms, and still giving them prime tv seats

4: wanting to treat them any differently from other clubs in the league

It should be 800 fans, we all wanted this a few years ago, but because the most vocal want to go to parkhead, thousands of fans will now miss out supporting our team at Ibrox
Huge decision and the right decision.

I used to sit in the “traditional Rangers end” but gave my seat up when we were trying to oust the spivs. I ended up in the Broomloan after that.

I’m not getting involved in the historic pish from years ago.

I’m sorry you felt you had to do that, me personally I wasn’t giving my ticket up or boycotting the team I love for any lady's front bottom.

It doesn’t affect me either.
But this “I’m alright Jack” from fellow supporters absolutely stinks.
It seems there’s no empathy for season ticket holders who may not see an old firm game next season.
It seems that a whole lot of Rangers fans couldn’t give a shiny shite about their fellow fans, as long as they get a chance to go back to Parkhead.

If they give us 2500 then the time after that we give them 2,100 which represents the same %. If they then give us 2,100 we then follow that up by giving them 1,700. That way it should only take a couple of seasons to get back to the 800.
I can see this runnng for a while .....

I completely get this thread will not be popular, as probably most the people on here are the people who go to away games.

The decision to give Them 2500 is a huge decision, and primarily a decision to appease the minority of vocal and committed fans who go to away games, and want to go back to Celtic Park to support our team.

I find strange:

1:Statements saying the league/sky were involved. Why? Tv deal is locked in for years

2: The club losing money to compensate season ticket holders for 2 games a season. How can a company with shareholders justify less revenue?

3: welcoming a team who don't recognize our club, the old firm, ran pedophile ring for 30 years with open arms, and still giving them prime tv seats

It should be 800 fans, we all wanted this a few years ago, but because the most vocal want to go to parkhead, thousands of fans will now miss out supporting our team at Ibrox
Admin please merge with all the other negative self righteous threads onthis

Yes, their demands. The change has occurred because Celtic pushed for it.

They decided 800 wasn’t enough and simply refused to give us tickets despite it being a breach of the ‘laws’.

You may agree with the outcome but it was Celtic who dictated it.
If Celtic had been the ones to cut our allocation to 800 first it would have lasted until they wanted to change it. You are totally correct

There's a world of difference.
Back then, folk bought those tickets knowing it didn't include the Celtic game.
Now, we will have fans who bought seasons that include these matches. Now Rangers are taking that off them and leaving them little alternative.
Season tickets for next season aren't on sale yet. Nobody is taking matches off them.

If someone doesn't want a ST excluding poet games they done need to buy it

You're quite dramatic

What a forum this is

Last edited:
Seats? Toilets? I once witnessed the roof collapsing in the toilets at half time there once. The entire roof.
That would come under the 'anything else' I mentioned. If Rangers are to spend thousands of pounds on stadium improvements, I'd rather it was spent on Ibrox and not paying for damage caused by brain dead arseholes at their midden.

I find strange:

About the 800 decision, by 'we all' do you mean this website I take it? I don't know if that correlates with the feeling of the whole fanbase.

I don't want to go back to parkhead. Never been back since 2012.

The games aren't anywhere near the same without away fans and tbh they seem to have little trouble winning at Ibrox with no fans whereas we struggle at parkhead this way. So it helps us on the park imo.
We've struggled to win games at parkhead because of who was on the pitch, not who was in the stands.

I meant generally, there’s people on both sides that’s default argument is that it’s selfish.

The word selfish could be applied in either situation as ultimately opinions are based on what suits their own personal circumstances/wants best. Thats merely the point I was trying to make.

I don’t think any season ticket holder should’ve been locked out. If that meant we could only offer 1800 then that should’ve been the allocation however it’s Evidently been taken out of the clubs control
If the decision has been taken out of the clubs control then the statement should have made that perfectly clear instead of this " compromise" nonsense.

I’d rather that the current situation as I said thankfully common sense has prevailed. It should and will remain at that.
Jesus Christ, some of our support man.

Maybe we could make the seats green for them or have Charlie and the bhoys on at half time.

At last, some accuracy

Why is it negative.?
The news only broke less than 12 hours ago.
Season ticket holders who were about to renew now find out they may not see an old firm game at Ibrox next season.
What’s negative about that.
It is negative and it’s also inaccurate aswell. It’s anything but a minority.

Back