Official Compromise reached over Old firm ticketing - SPFL announcement

Is the new allocation of 5% good or bad

• Good

Votes: 626 48.3%
  • Bad

Votes: 670 51.7%

• Total voters
It’s not a ‘one sided deal’. We’re getting extra fans at their midden. Personally, I wouldn’t have them back in, but folk need to take a step back here - we didn’t really have a choice.
We are being forced to take a step back. We'll just have to disagree and see how it goes.

Totally wrong decision in my opinion
Their scum fans should be nowhere near our stadium with their republican songs and disrespectful behaviour, this is just the start and will be pushing for the Broomloan stand next , just a matter of time and when that happens let’s see how our supporters feel, they hate us and can’t even call us Rangers or Old Firm and yet we are compromising to let that mob in,
%^*& that and I will be burning my arm chair when that happens

I think the first paragraph kind of contradicts the thread title. I don’t think it’s a minority at all.
Personally I think the minority are the ones who want either 800 or no fans at all at either ground.
100%.

There is nothing that gets the adrenaline and the battle fever going more than being at an OF game when you look across and see the enemy within the walls of Ibrox.

The build up before the game with both sets of fans ready to go to war with each other, trading songs back and forth, with all four corners of the stadium singing the same song but seemingly out of sync at times, because the noise is so deafening you can hardly hear your own voice, let alone what the other end of the ground are singing. Then there’s that moment when that lot are singing so loud that you can’t even make out what song our own fans are trying to get going, until it filters round the ground and then Ibrox to a man drowns them out completely as they belt into Derry’s Walls or the like.

There is a venom to the atmosphere that you only get through having thousands of your enemy trading blows with you. 800 just doesn’t cut it. Nor does packing them away in the club deck where you can’t see them. I want to look into the whites of their eyes as kick off approaches and when we go one, two, three nil up. There is nothing better than winning the war and having an all out party in front of them all looking absolutely pig sick, before they eventually trudge out one by one.

In all honesty, the crescendo of noise that’s created between the two sets of fans when they had the whole Broomloan was something else. Particularly the way Ibrox is designed with the fans packed in so tightly and right on top of the pitch. I’m not suggesting we go back to that, but having no away fans is ruining the game as a spectacle. I’ll never forget my first experience of it as a kid and we shouldn’t take that away from the next generation.

Season tickets for next season are on sale yet. Nobody is taking matches off them.

If someone doesn't want a ST excluding poet games they done need to buy it

You're quite dramatic

What a forum this is
As I've said before I'm not affected by this. But are you saying that (wherever you sit) you'd be happy for the club to offer you a ST with no OF games on a take it or leave it basis you'd be happy with that? So either take the restricted ST or don't bother buying one?

The amount of unaffected people on here who are happy to throw affected fans under the bus is what is extraordinary about this forum.

Hate to say it but it wouldn't happen over at the Piggery. They stick together.

Their scum fans should be nowhere near our stadium with their republican songs and disrespectful behaviour, this is just the start and will be pushing for the Broomloan stand next , just a matter of time and when that happens let’s see how our supporters feel, they hate us and can’t even call us Rangers or Old Firm and yet we are compromising to let that mob in,
They hate us? Who cares? I fucking despise them more than they’ll ever hate me.

We could and should have looked at this as a win for us as they wanted the full stand back and they didn’t get it.

I can understand the people who may (more than likely not) be affected being critical if it.

But the pathetic crap from some fans not affected is ridiculous even for us.

The main issue was the fact they got a full stand and we didn’t. It was an unfair advantage to them. That is now no more. We got what we wanted fundamentally. That’s how we should be pushing the narrative instead of what I’ve read today.

And as far as “minority” goes. I don’t know one rangers fan that likes the no fans or 800 fans in the stadium. Everyone I’ve spoke to over the years has come to the realisation the game needs away fans and the “Euro allocation” was always discussed as a fair and reasonable solution from our side.

So if you are affect, yes you are without doubt allowed to feel pissed. The rest, feel how you want but please dont class yourself as some sort of majority when in reality you are probably a minority and at best 50/50.

And for all the stick you give the board for not being media savy, well played with your tantrums today when you had the chance to form the narrative.

100%.

There is nothing that gets the adrenaline and the battle fever going more than being at an OF game when you look across and see the enemy within the walls of Ibrox.

The build up before the game with both sets of fans ready to go to war with each other, trading songs back and forth, with all four corners of the stadium singing the same song but seemingly out of sync at times, because the noise is so deafening you can hardly hear your own voice, let alone what the other end of the ground are singing. Then there’s that moment when that lot are singing so loud that you can’t even make out what song our own fans are trying to get going, until it filters round the ground and then Ibrox to a man drowns them out completely as they belt into Derry’s Walls or the like.

There is a venom to the atmosphere that you only get through having thousands of your enemy trading blows with you. 800 just doesn’t cut it. Nor does packing them away in the club deck where you can’t see them. I want to look into the whites of their eyes as kick off approaches and when we go one, two, three nil up. There is nothing better than winning the war and having an all out party in front of them all looking absolutely pig sick, before they eventually trudge out one by one.

In all honesty, the crescendo of noise that’s created between the two sets of fans when they had the whole Broomloan was something else. Particularly the way Ibrox is designed with the fans packed in so tightly and right on top of the pitch. I’m not suggesting we go back to that, but having no away fans is ruining the game as a spectacle. I’ll never forget my first experience of it as a kid and we shouldn’t take that away from the next generation.
Nailed it

The scum have got their cake and gotten to eat it as well.

Yet again a higher % of tickets for Ibrox than we get at Parkhead. They must be absolutely pishing themselves at how easy it was and how easy it was to even get some of our own support on their side and repeating their sound bites.

The club have completely capitulated and they will again when they hand over a whole stand to them in the future.

The whole thing is a disgrace.

Rangers season ticket holders kicked out for the scum. The scum dictating the new arrangements and getting away with giving us a smaller proportion of restricted view tickets. An absolute joke.

%^*& you Bisgrove
We are even building new turnstiles for their benefit while doing nothing to to the CR which will add mega queues to get in when 1k extra fans get added.

Really treating the home support with disdain.

How in God’s name is a win for them?
They wanted the whole Broomloan !

It’s a fair deal that ensures we have the same support in the same section at Parkhead as they do at Ibrox
Why oh why do posters on here just make up stuff to suit themselves ?
Negotiations always begin with outrageous claims that are not expected to be agreed so please don't base your arguement on that claim

Never seen a fan score a goal.

Our record at parkhead recently is poor.

They've came to Ibrox and won. A lot.

They have had better players than us.

Fans have nothing to do with it.
Suggest fans have nothing at all to do with it is nonsense. Absolutely nonsense.

Just for the record, did you ever go to parkhead whilst we had the 800 fans?

It amazes me that people still underestimate them and their motivation.
Their motivation was to get the whole Broomloan. That’s a dead duck and how people can manage to spin this into a loss is nuts.
The real danger was a decision made arbitrarily by SPFL to force us back to previous arrangement.
Personally I don’t want them in our stadium but the pressure has been applied to set a level because the wording of “reasonable “ was unenforceable.
5% is now agreed and will be adhered to .

As I've said before I'm not affected by this. But are you saying that (wherever you sit) you'd be happy for the club to offer you a ST with no OF games on a take it or leave it basis you'd be happy with that? So either take the restricted ST or don't bother buying one?

The amount of unaffected people on here who are happy to throw affected fans under the bus is what is extraordinary about this forum.

Hate to say it but it wouldn't happen over at the Piggery. They stick together.
I didn't say I was happy with but the poster completely lied which stifles any debate

Now, we will have fans who bought seasons that include these matches. Now Rangers are taking that off them and leaving them little alternative.

My ST doesn't allow me to buy years up front
So you'd be happy to wait to the end of each season to find out whether they will offer you a seat the following season?

We are rangers, super rangers
No one likes us, we really get upset because our rivals hate us and won’t even call us rangers :(

The problem here is, and now will continue to be, that the fans should have been asked officially. There is/was plenty of time to do that before next season. By that I mean ST holders and them alone. Some extra weight should have been applied to the opinion of the fans in BF/BR who are impacted by the increased numbers when reviewing the answers. If that had been done, nobody could really complain.

I don't want any of them in the stadium, I get that 800 is probably by the rules, required but I'd have accepted the 2500 result if it was genuinely what the majority of fans wanted. Surely reasonable people would, for the most part, get behind a decision based on that sort of survey? Currently there is no way to know the majority opinion, not based on social media, not based on polls on here. Completely unknown and that will only lead to disagreement/ill feeling (as the various threads today show).
You mean like a proper survey, maybe one that was actually for ST holders only?

The type of survey that should have been done back in 2017/18 rather than using an internet one that was flawed. Had that been done, the reduction to 800 would never have happened IMO

It does make sense. Either the team want those 2500 fans at Ibrox or they want them at the Piggery. They can't be at both.
It doesn’t, you’re not quite understanding.

They want a vocal support in all stadiums. They will have this at Ibrox regardless of this 2500 not being there with another 47/48 of us. And now a healthy support away from home now also.

Their motivation was to get the whole Broomloan. That’s a dead duck and how people can manage to spin this into a loss is nuts.
The real danger was a decision made arbitrarily by SPFL to force us back to previous arrangement.
Personally I don’t want them in our stadium but the pressure has been applied to set a level because the wording of “reasonable “ was unenforceable.
''around 5%'' is the wording vague to say the least

It seems that a whole lot of Rangers fans couldn’t give a shiny shite about their fellow fans, as long as they get a chance to go back to Parkhead.
I could turn that round and say for the last few years there’s been plenty on here almost gloating that our away fans were missing out all to accommodate non season ticket holder bears being able to cherry pick and buy tickets on public sale for home old firms

You mean like a proper survey, maybe one that was actually for ST holders only?

The type of survey that should have been done back in 2017/18 rather than using an internet one that was flawed. Had that been done, the reduction to 800 would never have happened IMO
All of a sudden people wanting a proper survey done but were happy to accept the message board carve up survey presented by Papa Smurf

Absolutely no mechanism to check who was actually season ticket holders. There was 40000 season ticket holders at the time - even if all participants were actually season ticket holders, that represents only 12.5% of the population. Total stitch up from the start

I can't stand seeing there supporters in our stadium, i hate looking to my right and seeing a green and white wall but if the club thinks this is a fair resolution then I am will to see how it plays out

I don’t believe that sky forced us into accepting more of them at ours for an OF game, but, if they did I’ll bet dollars to donuts that someone at Celtic was involved with a wee word in the right ear. It’s what they do, everything is political with these rats.
Neither do I, because our club statement indicated we had a desire to have more fans at Parkhead.

The most important issue is the team on the pitch, and I’m sure if you asked PC and the players would they prefer the backing of 47k at Ibrox and 3k at Parkhead, then they’d take it over zero away support.

The bottom line is that no away fans strips value out of the game. It's not the same in person or on the TV.

I appreciate many think the other way and the arguments for keeping things as they are so resonate, but it's negatively impacted one of the few selling points of our league, as bad as our TV deal is.

I could turn that round and say for the last few years there’s been plenty on here almost gloating that our away fans were missing out all to accommodate non season ticket holder bears being able to cherry pick and buy tickets on public sale for home old firms
It’s not really comparable though, is it? If you think the two scenarios are even remotely similar then there’s not much point in even discussing it with you.

Imagine if all the old threads got bumped where all the gloating fans were saying European allocations would never happen and taking the piss out of people for wanting to go to watch us at Parkhead.

It’ll never happen eh

Weak from our club.

And we'll still be in the restricted view seats in the corner of that dump.

slowly but surely they'll get the full Broomloan again.

I don’t believe that sky forced us into accepting more of them at ours for an OF game, but, if they did I’ll bet dollars to donuts that someone at Celtic was involved with a wee word in the right ear. It’s what they do, everything is political with these rats.
Rangers actually said in their own statement they wanted this, but it’s all Celtics idea apparently.

I've just seen a clip from tonights SSB where a yahoo was giving it 'we want the full Broomloan or just keep it the same as it is'. To which Keevins gave it the whole 'it's a great step forward but who knows it might be increased in future'.

We've given them an inch, eventually they'll want the mile and we have fans who are that desperate to go to their shithole and give them £60 into the bargain that they don't realise that they've been Celtic's useful idiots in this whole business. They will keep pushing and pushing until they get the whole Broomloan back.

We were treating them like we treat every other club, no special treatment. They can't even use our name in public FFS but the Parkhead Loyal couldn't see the wood for the trees.

It’s not really comparable though, is it? If you think the two scenarios are even remotely similar then there’s not much point in even discussing it with you.
It’s not similar because you say it’s no similar?

If its all about TV why have Sky not intervened in the last 6 years. This new arrangement will see no difference to how the games looked when they gave us 700-800 tickets at the piggery. Its the exact same corner with an extra 1500 tickets.
Sky haven’t been happy for the last 6 years, but there was little they could do as long as there was an allocation of some sort. They’ve been vocal about that on virtually every outlet, even dedicating time before each match to highlight the lack of away support at both grounds.

Leadership at these organisations change on a frequent basis, and who knows, maybe they’ve all decided to do something for the good of the product for once instead of having a never ending Cold War of statements and lock outs.

We’ve come out on top. We took back the prominence of them having a full stand, we’ve tucked them in a corner (no greeting about camera positions, that can’t be helped) and we’re coming out with a percentage share instead of a fixed number meaning we get c.500 more tickets than they do. We’ll still be able to accommodate our season ticket holders and we’ll have 3k fans backing us at their midden.

Given we used FF as the barometer last time out and apparently a leader in the catalyst of change, only fair to reference it again this time;

This would suggest there is not a vocal minority…

No, but we managed to win one of them, did we not?
Here’s the reason I asked. I went to one. Sakala 1-1 draw Seville season.

It was pish. Parkhead was bouncing until we scored and you couldn’t hear our support at all.

What chance does the players on the park have bing driven on by us if we can’t even hear ourselves over 59,000 mentally challengeds?

It didn’t feel like an away day at parkhead for us at all. This is the best decision for us to back our team and give the players a boost or lift when they need it there.

The desire on here to paint this as a Rangers backing down to scum pressure scenario is weird.

This was going to be forced upon us at some point by pressure from TV so better the compromise. This could have been a lot worse.

The old firm game is the biggest occasion Scottish football has and it is not the same without a decent away support.

Whether we all would prefer Ibrox all blue or not, the above remains a fact.

What we do need to be wary of is dirty tricks by the vhermin going back on their side of the compromise and the fact their scum are incapable of behaving.

Exactly 50/50 split right now and to think there’s a thread calling the people that want this a vocal minority right now.

I completely get this thread will not be popular, as probably most the people on here are the people who go to away games.

The decision to give Them 2500 is a huge decision, and primarily a decision to appease the minority of vocal and committed fans who go to away games, and want to go back to Celtic Park to support our team.

Firstly, I completely understand the argument for for those supporters.

I find strange:

1:Statements saying the league/sky were involved. Why? Tv deal is locked in for years

2: The club losing money to compensate season ticket holders for 2 games a season. How can a company with shareholders justify less revenue?

3: welcoming a team who don't recognize our club, the old firm, ran pedophile ring for 30 years with open arms, and still giving them prime tv seats

4: wanting to treat them any differently from other clubs in the league

It should be 800 fans, we all wanted this a few years ago, but because the most vocal want to go to parkhead, thousands of fans will now miss out supporting our team at Ibrox
For the record, I'm not getting involved in whether or not I agree or disagree with them having fans in our stadium.

But with regards to your point about it being mostly our fans who attend away games who want them to get an allocation in Ibrox old firm games, and there will be some whom that's their reason, but there are a large number of our fans who just want the experience back of them having a crowd at Ibrox due to the better atmosphere of us giving it tight to eachother and that it's not the same when it's just all home fans. I don't think it's all just about fans who attend away games and want them back for our benefit.

Back