Official Compromise reached over Old firm ticketing - SPFL announcement

Is the new allocation of 5% good or bad

• Good

Votes: 626 48.3%
  • Bad

Votes: 670 51.7%

• Total voters
I also want to point out because there was so few of us that day, we were pelted to %^*& with missiles at full time, Bucky bottles the lot. Get a f thousand in there to defend ourselves from the cunts now.

Sky were only upset that they can’t fawn over the mhanks in the Broomloan and treat us to the usual Tim fest ….. it’s a fantastic PR vehicle for the Tim’s, while our fans are invisible at the piggery
For some bizarre reason some of our support don't get this.
When celtic started this and re built the piggery it only ever favoured one club.

I also want to point out because there was so few of us that day, we were pelted to %^*& with missiles at full time, Bucky bottles the lot. Get a f thousand in there to defend ourselves from the cunts now.
That was a unique situation due to Celtic deliberately firing their scumbag bhoys ultra group beside our away fans. They knew exactly what they were doing with those arrangements

No one in history has turned a game off because they couldnt see away fans on TV. They might - and i agree here - think it adds to the spectacle, but theres no danger its affecting their bottom line viewership figures.

Either way, they had no leverage. If they did we wouldnt have been able to reduce the allocation to begin with and Celtic absolutely categorically would not have been allowed to decline us any allocation.

The sky angle is being massively overplayed here - but even were it true, why would you give them it for free? Monetise it. Then you can at least sell it to the fans that it was a business decision.
Nobody said it affected their bottom line viewership figures. That point was in reply to post #25 about empty seats at other grounds, not old firm games.

We reduced to allocation to the minimum within the rules of the league. Sky agreed a contract with the league on the basis on those rules. When both clubs went to a zero away fans policy, then they were both in breach of the rules and that’s where Sky’s leverage comes in. The league were shitebags because they should’ve punished Celtic immediately for failing to meet the provisions of the contract for minimum allocations.

Monetise what? Who are we giving anything for free? Sky pay the league millions of pounds a year for a product. It’s the responsibility of all clubs to provide the best product available, which is why we’re all calling for plastic pitches to get ripped up and Dundee to get hauled over the coals for having so many call offs. Having a decent atmosphere at the biggest game in the league at both grounds is part of that obligation.

Ok, let’s move away from the Sky angle then if you think it’s being overplayed. How about the MyGers angle if you’re so keen to monetise things. How many people are signed up to MyGers to get access to away tickets? That’s another 6k tickets that can be distributed to the highest income generating fans for the club. That’s good business.

Or the sporting angle. Do you not think the management and players will have been consulted? The club consulted then for the UB’s moving to the Copland, so I don’t doubt they’ll have had an input into this too.

It’s a smart, logical and fair agreement, that we are coming out 500 tickets ahead on.

Sky were only upset that they can’t fawn over the mhanks in the Broomloan and treat us to the usual Tim fest ….. it’s a fantastic PR vehicle for the Tim’s, while our fans are invisible at the piggery
I don’t even know where to start with this, so I won’t bother. They’ve got f’n Kris Boyd in the studio!

Every extra seat gained at P@rkhead fr a Gers fans is seat lost to a Gers fan at Ibrox. This is a one sided deal and we're not on the right side.
One sided would be them getting seats at Ibrox and us not getting them at Parkhead. We’re getting a fair away allocation in return for giving them on, just like we do with the other 10 clubs in the league.

I don’t even know where to start with this, so I won’t bother. They’ve got f’n Kris Boyd in the studio!
These are the sort of posts I’d expect to see on kerrydale street.

Absolutely bonkers.

Sky give our support massive coverage and have done plenty of times through the years.

Should honestly have one of those net cage barriers we can pull up only when they’re in our stadium and treat them like the animals they are.

These are the sort of posts I’d expect to see on kerrydale street.

Absolutely bonkers.

Sky give our support massive coverage and have done plenty of times through the years.
What’s bonkers? Did you read what I replied to? That was bonkers.

I agree we get lots of coverage from Sky. The poster I replied to made out that Sky was Celtic TV

Depends who you mean by us , there are a section of our support that wouldn't agree and I'm not one of them but it affects them.
Us as in Rangers. The only thing that really matters here in the grand scheme of things. They’ll now have 3000 of us there instead of none backing their team in a white hot atmosphere that only favours Celtic.

Sky haven’t been happy for the last 6 years, but there was little they could do as long as there was an allocation of some sort. They’ve been vocal about that on virtually every outlet, even dedicating time before each match to highlight the lack of away support at both grounds.

Leadership at these organisations change on a frequent basis, and who knows, maybe they’ve all decided to do something for the good of the product for once instead of having a never ending Cold War of statements and lock outs.

We’ve come out on top. We took back the prominence of them having a full stand, we’ve tucked them in a corner (no greeting about camera positions, that can’t be helped) and we’re coming out with a percentage share instead of a fixed number meaning we get c.500 more tickets than they do. We’ll still be able to accommodate our season ticket holders and we’ll have 3k fans backing us at their midden.
If Sky are so bothered why would they not step in and ask why the league let them break the rules for the New Year game and won't allow any allocation for the post split fixture.

Here’s the reason I asked. I went to one. Sakala 1-1 draw Seville season.

It was pish. Parkhead was bouncing until we scored and you couldn’t hear our support at all.

What chance does the players on the park have bing driven on by us if we can’t even hear ourselves over 59,000 mentally challengeds?

It didn’t feel like an away day at parkhead for us at all. This is the best decision for us to back our team and give the players a boost or lift when they need it there.
Pretty sure our record there got better when then allocation was reduced.

Maybe having less fans actually helped.

Or maybe it is just the players on the pitch.

Nobody said it affected their bottom line viewership figures. That point was in reply to post #25 about empty seats at other grounds, not old firm games.

We reduced to allocation to the minimum within the rules of the league. Sky agreed a contract with the league on the basis on those rules. When both clubs went to a zero away fans policy, then they were both in breach of the rules and that’s where Sky’s leverage comes in. The league were shitebags because they should’ve punished Celtic immediately for failing to meet the provisions of the contract for minimum allocations.

Monetise what? Who are we giving anything for free? Sky pay the league millions of pounds a year for a product. It’s the responsibility of all clubs to provide the best product available, which is why we’re all calling for plastic pitches to get ripped up and Dundee to get hauled over the coals for having so many call offs. Having a decent atmosphere at the biggest game in the league at both grounds is part of that obligation.

Ok, let’s move away from the Sky angle then if you think it’s being overplayed. How about the MyGers angle if you’re so keen to monetise things. How many people are signed up to MyGers to get access to away tickets? That’s another 6k tickets that can be distributed to the highest income generating fans for the club. That’s good business.

Or the sporting angle. Do you not think the management and players will have been consulted? The club consulted then for the UB’s moving to the Copland, so I don’t doubt they’ll have had an input into this too.

It’s a smart, logical and fair agreement, that we are coming out 500 tickets ahead on.

Sky dont have anything to do with ticket allocations. Its nothing to do with the contract. Why do people keep repeating this? Only Rangers have the power to determine allocation - and you are wrong. We never reduced their allocation to zero. We were fully compliant and Sky couldnt do a thing about it at all. They can ask, but thats all.

You make some fair points in other paragraphs though mate. I actually think you have a very good point regarding the sporting angle - and in the spirit of genuine debate, i concede it.

But i think it takes me back to my original point here. In that, it was Rangers themselves who made the decision.

I dont necessarily agree with all of that, but it was a good post nonetheless and im happy to leave it at that.

If Sky are so bothered why would they not step in and ask why the league let them break the rules for the New Year game and won't allow any allocation for the post split fixture.
What rules did they break?

I don’t know mate, you’d have to ask Sky that.

Rangers literally said in their statement that the broadcasters were involved in the discussions, this indicates they’ve had a concern of some kind. I’m not making it up.

Nobody missed the Celtic support, what we do miss is being able to go to parkhead and create an atmosphere to drive the team on. What we do miss is celebrating a goal at the piggery with. Massive away support, what we do miss is winning there with thousands in attendance.

But what I will say is like it or not, away fans make these game a better spectacle. Especially for a neutral.
1500 extra fans matters not when you have 57k yahoo's drowning you out.

It won't create any spectacle for a neutral as we will still be stuck in the corner out of sight and out of mind.

I do think there are those who look back at the 80s and 90s where there was 15-20k fans going to the Piggery that yearn for that back. Those days are gone unfortunately.

At a Time where relations between the clubs have never been lower we have a section of fans who are desperate to hand them their hard earned cash to Celtic and kick Rangers fans out of their seats at Ibrox to allow their scummy fans back in.

I'm not disagreeing with that you missed my point , anyway had Fergus mccan not started it all then both clubs would have a full allocation behind the goal . But that isn't the narrative, we are the bad guys there the good guys. They spin it ad a victory for them and football when in fact it is just a victory for football however some Rangers fans will lose out.

Depends who you mean by us , there are a section of our support that wouldn't agree and I'm not one of them but it affects them.

Are you actually suggest Sky only favour Celtic and their support?
I agree with your point about the full away support going to the piggery in fact I always have thought that but celtic stopped it.
This agreement today was made start of the season I'm not sure why so many people have forgotten this anyway 2 weeks before the first old firm celtic broke the news about the allocation to make us look like we'd lost the fight and they won , Rangers reacted and the agreement was cancelled . I done a full show about this on my channel with an ex cop who confirmed the story. So all that's happened is they have went back to the original plan , this was all common knowledge a few months back.

Pretty sure our team didn’t have cunts like windass, senderos, goss, ohalloron and other donkeys in it from 2018/19 onwards.
It's almost as though the team with the better players tends to win these games.

For a moment there, I thought it was because there wasn't enough of us there to Billy boys our way to victory.

It's almost as though the team with the better players tends to win these games.

For a moment there, I thought it was because there wasn't enough of us there to Billy boys our way to victory.
Well they haven’t since 2018/19. Maybe if there was some more of us there to sing the billy boys, we would have won more games there. ;)

One sided would be them getting seats at Ibrox and us not getting them at Parkhead. We’re getting a fair away allocation in return for giving them on, just like we do with the other 10 clubs in the league.
The quality of the seat position provided in our allocation in the wee corner wedge is piss poor and unless we score you'll hardly know we were there. I think its one sided because they had 800 and latterly refused them and now they will get 2500 so you might not think theres a winner but I'd bet they do.

It won't create any spectacle for a neutral as we will still be stuck in the corner out of sight and out of mind.

I do think there are those who look back at the 80s and 90s where there was 15-20k fans going to the Piggery that yearn for that back. Those days are gone unfortunately.

At a Time where relations between the clubs have never been lower we have a section of fans who are desperate to hand them their hard earned cash to Celtic and kick Rangers fans out of their seats at Ibrox to allow their scummy fans back in.
3000 fans make a helluva lot more noise than 800 or none. I can guarantee you that.

Because it's more palatable than accepting the reality, which is Celtic aided by the SPFL forced the change. Those happy at the decision can pretend it was Sky rather than once again being shown to have no bottle to take a stand.
Rangers actually released a statement saying they wanted this, but it was all Celtic.

Honestly some of our support are bonkers.

This is the sort of shit you’d expect to read on their forums.

The quality of the seat position provided in our allocation in the wee corner wedge is piss poor and unless we score you'll hardly know we were there. I think its one sided because they had 800 and latterly refused them and now they will get 2500 so you might not think theres a winner but I'd bet they do.
Don’t we have them in a corner wedge? They have a pillar and we don’t. Perhaps we should just install an unnecessary pillar for parity?

Why’s it about their allocation? Let’s flip it. We wanted tickets for their place too, the club statement says so. We had 800, then zero, now we have 3k.

Who’s coming out on top now?

Don’t we have them in a corner wedge? They have a pillar and we don’t. Perhaps we should just install an unnecessary pillar for parity?

Why’s it about their allocation? Let’s flip it. We wanted tickets for their place too, the club statement says so. We had 800, then zero, now we have 3k.

Who’s coming out on top now?
Maybe just move the sky camera to the govan. Problem solved.

Rangers actually released a statement saying they wanted this, but it was all Celtic.

Honestly some of our support are bonkers.

This is the sort of shit you’d expect to read on their forums.

Fair enough. So all of the prior rhetoric from Bisgrove on allocations was just bollocks. Have we turned down tickets this season or just accepted being told it wasn't happening?

Only one club has been publicly bleating about tickets.

Maybe just move the sky camera to the govan. Problem solved.
Do either side gain a sporting advantage by having their fans visible? If not, then it’s a completely moot point.

It really makes no difference to anyone. If you’re in the ground (which is where the game is actually being played) then there’s still going to be 2.5-3k fans tucked in a corner making a racket.

Had many a day in the 2000’s where we drowned them out.

Do either side gain a sporting advantage by having their fans visible? If not, then it’s a completely moot point.

It really makes no difference to anyone. If you’re in the ground (which is where the game is actually being played) then there’s still going to be 2.5-3k fans tucked in a corner making a racket.
I was being sarcastic.

3000 fans make a helluva lot more noise than 800 or none. I can guarantee you that.
We won't get 3k fans mate. Nowhere near it.

The games with zero away fans have been down to them because their ground is a badly designed shithole. They nearly had a crush in the first game with the current allocation. They've been playing funny buggers about giving us tickets ever since.

Mark my words they will continue to do so.

The bottom line is that no away fans strips value out of the game. It's not the same in person or on the TV.

I appreciate many think the other way and the arguments for keeping things as they are so resonate, but it's negatively impacted one of the few selling points of our league, as bad as our TV deal is.
Even when it was a full allocation you barely seen our fans on tv so not sure how it strips value on that front.

They will get good seats at and tv exposure at Ibrox out of this and our fans won’t at their midden.

Last edited:
Mate it's not a matter of popularity - you believe what is right and that's fair enough.

BUT we need to get back to having away fans in these games. Just remember it will have more of an effect on them that it does us.

There's no easy way to resolve this other than biting the bullet and hope we move forward on expanding the capacity of our stadium as a matter of priority.

It seems that a whole lot of Rangers fans couldn’t give a shiny shite about their fellow fans, as long as they get a chance to go back to Parkhead.

So basically you not only want to blame the Rangers board but the Rangers fans for this decision.

Have a fucking world with yourself ffs.

Back