Official Compromise reached over Old firm ticketing - SPFL announcement

Is the new allocation of 5% good or bad

• Good

Votes: 626 48.3%
  • Bad

Votes: 670 51.7%

• Total voters
The bottom line is that no away fans strips value out of the game. It's not the same in person or on the TV.

I appreciate many think the other way and the arguments for keeping things as they are so resonate, but it's negatively impacted one of the few selling points of our league, as bad as our TV deal is.
Ajax - Feyenoord
Galatasaray - Fenerbahçe
Olympiacos - Panathinaikos

Rivalries that are bigger than ours that have no away fans and additionally have better tv deals than we do.

So the point in bold is Bollocks.

Their motivation was to get the whole Broomloan. That’s a dead duck and how people can manage to spin this into a loss is nuts.
The real danger was a decision made arbitrarily by SPFL to force us back to previous arrangement.
Personally I don’t want them in our stadium but the pressure has been applied to set a level because the wording of “reasonable “ was unenforceable.
5% is now agreed and will be adhered to .
I'll stick a grand on right now saying we don't get 5% of the piggery next season.

Even when it was a full allocation you barely seen our fans on tv so not sure how it strips value on that front.

They will get good seats at and tv exposure at Ibrox out of this and our fans won’t at their midden.
That's just the way the TV angles work, and honestly who gives a f@ck whether you can see fans on the TV.

I would never have done away with the old allocations, but can't see them coming back now.

Ajax - Feyenoord
Galatasaray - Fenerbahçe
Olympiacos - Panathinaikos

Rivalries that are bigger than ours that have no away fans and additionally have better tv deals than we do.

So the point in bold is Bollocks.
None of those are bigger derbies imo.

They also all have massively different populations to us, which is probably why!

"Around 5%"?

So 2.750/60,000 = 4.6%
And 2.750/51,000 = 5.4%

Rounded, both are 5%

So 2.750 each and it's "around 5%"

Simples! :mad:

SPFL happy? Tick
Liewell happy? Tick
Goon Brigade happy? Tick
Rangers happy? Well, 3 out of 4 ain't bad..........
I just wish that we don't surrender again.

My Niece and her young son have sat in BF5 for quite a while

Theyve now been told they can see the 2 Celtic league Games at Ibrox to allow other folk to attend 4

Thats disgusting
My Son and two grandsons are in the same boat. Yet you have folk on here supporting this decision as it enhances the spectacle and makes a better atmosphere apparently but fcuk all those ST holders that are affected.

The shoe would be the other foot if it directly affected them.

Their motivation was to get the whole Broomloan. That’s a dead duck and how people can manage to spin this into a loss is nuts.
The real danger was a decision made arbitrarily by SPFL to force us back to previous arrangement.
Personally I don’t want them in our stadium but the pressure has been applied to set a level because the wording of “reasonable “ was unenforceable.
If we don’t get what’s been agreed, then simply just pull their tickets.

It’s not difficult.

You can tell the fans who watch games on the tele and get triggered by the fact you can see the away fans, compared to those who go to the games and don’t care

You can want Old Firm games to go back to the way they were (or at least to some level) but still think it's a shitty place for them to be placed.

My Son and two grandsons are in the same boat. Yet you have folk on here supporting this decision as it enhances the spectacle and makes a better atmosphere apparently but fcuk all those ST holders that are affected.

The shoe would be the other foot if it directly affected them.

Of course it makes for a better atmosphere. That can’t be denied imo. No fans means the rivalry, hatred we have for each other is gone. If we are getting beat at home theres not much to feed off of.

There wont a right or wrong answer for this and everyone will have their own, different opinions. Nobody is right or wrong though.

I completely get this thread will not be popular, as probably most the people on here are the people who go to away games.

The decision to give Them 2500 is a huge decision, and primarily a decision to appease the minority of vocal and committed fans who go to away games, and want to go back to Celtic Park to support our team.

Firstly, I completely understand the argument for for those supporters.

I find strange:

1:Statements saying the league/sky were involved. Why? Tv deal is locked in for years

2: The club losing money to compensate season ticket holders for 2 games a season. How can a company with shareholders justify less revenue?

3: welcoming a team who don't recognize our club, the old firm, ran pedophile ring for 30 years with open arms, and still giving them prime tv seats

4: wanting to treat them any differently from other clubs in the league

It should be 800 fans, we all wanted this a few years ago, but because the most vocal want to go to parkhead, thousands of fans will now miss out supporting our team at Ibrox
Perfect summary of the situation.
Let's hope our 'vocal and committed minority' enjoy their restricted view of the Parkhead pitch, whilst their supporters benefit from an unobstructed view of Ibrox.

They will continue to traet our fans like scum when we go there - we will roll out the red carpet - its sickening - There should have been lots of issues to be dealt with before agreeing to ANYTHING with these scumbags - eg not hiding our fans away out of sight of TV and in restricted view etc
Most of them only see a full pitch when they are away…..

Of course it makes for a better atmosphere. That can’t be denied imo. No fans means the rivalry, hatred we have for each other is gone. If we are getting beat at home theres not much to feed off of.

There wont a right or wrong answer for this and everyone will have their own, different opinions. Nobody is right or wrong though.
Everybody has an opinion and quite rightly. I just wish those in favour of this ridiculous decision would come clean in their reason to support it.

This in almost all cases being the chance to go to the piggery, totally unconcerned as to the reciprocal effect on those affected at Ibrox.

You mean like a proper survey, maybe one that was actually for ST holders only?

The type of survey that should have been done back in 2017/18 rather than using an internet one that was flawed. Had that been done, the reduction to 800 would never have happened IMO
Yes, should have been done then too. No idea what the result would have been but if I had to predict I'd hope most Rangers fans would vote for more Rangers fans to be in attendance than giving them the full stand where that would land between Euro/800/none... no idea.

They’ve won at Ibrox with no fans we haven’t got a single point at Parkhead without our fans.
Won a fkn title without any fans home or away. Undefeated for a full league season. Yeah but 2500 bears inside the shithole will get us points. Plus VAR and officials still dictate what happens on the pitch. With that in mind I think the decision to allow them utter vermin back into Ibrox is shameful. Also who's favourite to cut away allocation because of '" safety or some other pish "".....
Exactly

Sky were only upset that they can’t fawn over the mhanks in the Broomloan and treat us to the usual Tim fest ….. it’s a fantastic PR vehicle for the Tim’s, while our fans are invisible at the piggery
Nobody is watching the fans….the sky thing is nonsensical. Fair enough they might pan to the fans after a goal….but sky have their audience regardless of who is in the stadium.

Everybody has an opinion and quite rightly. I just wish those in favour of this ridiculous decision would come clean in their reason to support it.

This in almost all cases being the chance to go to the piggery, totally unconcerned as to the reciprocal effect on those affected at Ibrox.

I do agree with it tbh. Derbies should have fans away at either ground. Its what makes it.

800 was too little imo and zero just means either home support have little interaction more so if getting beat.

Do i hate them? Yes i was born that way.

I used to everywhere, had some great days away to that lot. Now i make very few games. So for me its not about getting a chance to go their.

It brings back the hatred and will raise the atmosphere either way.

Ibrox, getting beat can be difficult with no fans. Feed off that and it builds us up.

Have friends in Amsterdam and they say same about their derby. No fans isnt good

I completely get this thread will not be popular, as probably most the people on here are the people who go to away games.

The decision to give Them 2500 is a huge decision, and primarily a decision to appease the minority of vocal and committed fans who go to away games, and want to go back to Celtic Park to support our team.

Firstly, I completely understand the argument for for those supporters.

I find strange:

1:Statements saying the league/sky were involved. Why? Tv deal is locked in for years

2: The club losing money to compensate season ticket holders for 2 games a season. How can a company with shareholders justify less revenue?

3: welcoming a team who don't recognize our club, the old firm, ran pedophile ring for 30 years with open arms, and still giving them prime tv seats

4: wanting to treat them any differently from other clubs in the league

It should be 800 fans, we all wanted this a few years ago, but because the most vocal want to go to parkhead, thousands of fans will now miss out supporting our team at Ibrox
A vocal minority voted for it, only 5000 I think it was, gee'd up on here. That is not "we all" at all.

You're really stretching it with the irony here

Like it or not, there's a split that don't, and it has taken away from the fixture overall. The atmosphere is nowhere near what it once was.

Last edited:
We are rangers, super rangers
No one likes us, we really get upset because our rivals hate us and won’t even call us rangers :(
Waken up mate
The whole of Scotland hates us, Peter Lowell has his manky hands all over this and his end game is the Full Broomloan Stand
Haha very funny indeed
Can’t wait to see your reply when it happens

Because it shouldn’t. I sit in the traditional rangers end. See if I had just bought my season ticket in the broomloan in last few seasons. I really couldn’t have a complaint now matter how pissed off I would be. The fact is it’s the end Celtic usually get and this day was always coming. Don’t be surprised if they get the full broomloan again one day either.
theres thousands of celtic fans at parkhead sitting where thousands of rangers fans used to stand. things change when rangers sold the broomloan to our supporters did they do so with a warning they may take it off them.

As someone who sits in the broomloan I voted to get them out of it,this is a compromise that was always coming

Stunned at this! The way they acted and continue to act since 2012 towards us, the effigies, banners and widespread attempt to kill us off after getting us thrown out the league! They should be banned until they show respect for us and our national game that will be never such as they are!

Their placement in places of power, their scum supporting media, tabloids, panelists and commentators are constantly putting pressure on match officials if they don't get their own way then there is the intimidating and threatening behaviour against match officials online, in the streets and at their homes!

Look how the tim infested Sfa had a fake crumble with a threat from Celtic and a lawyer went even though High Heels did wrong!

Our game is corrupt to help Celtic and now our club does this! If I was in charge I wouldn't let them in but I am not in charge!

They should be treated no differently to any other team. Sickening from the club today. Shat on our own loyal fans and now hiding behind Sky wanted it fairy tales.

If it’s the spectacle they want, maybe all powerful Sky will step in and ask Kilmarnock, Motherwell, st Johnstone, Hibs and St Mirren why they have thousands of empty seats for televised games, rather than sell us the tickets?
Yeah, I still find it difficult to believe that these clubs can deliberately exclude thousands of football fans willing to pitch up at their stadium and, without any persuasion or selling required, give them their hard earned cash, all because a tiny number of their fans apparently feel “uncomfortable”.

Not shocked by the results of this

People had completely deluded themselves over all of this and still are.

The club haven’t been bent over, they’ve come to a compromise an absolute load of our fans also wanted for a long time. They just didn’t post about it on here as often as others post about wanting no away fans, it was never reflective of all it was just an often posting group.

Loads and loads of our fans want to go and actually watch us play games of football home and away.

“Was” to get the whole Broomloan? It still is - that’s their end game.

And for those that say “no chance” that will happen, at the drop of a hat, a sizeable number of Rangers fans/season ticket holders, have just been bumped out of their seats to accommodate this new arrangement.

As regards the 5% figure, surely everyone realises the word “around” has been brought in to allow them to give us an identical number of 2,500 - yes that’s right, less than 5%.

The notion that they would give us a higher number is for the birds - their fans would never accept it, and sad to say, our board are not capable of achieving what would be seen as a small “win”.

They should just have announced it as 2,500 at each ground, which would have put a slightly different slant on it.

U can see from the Gucci Belts comments,that this is just the start for them to get the full allocation back come time......

Not having away fans is so tinpot.

Makes us look bad. Makes the Scottish league look bad.
There’s a huge difference between having NO fans at all and having a few of them shoved up in the corner of the Club Deck out the way. That’s exactly what they do with us. Out of sight of TV cameras…makes us look insignificant

Our fans who support this should "come clean' FFS. How about the fact the Manager and players have said they want the support against the filth as it tips the scale just a little? Do our players and Manager and the increased chance of winning at that shit tip, and by extension winning the league matter?

How about the fact what was once the biggest derby going has been reduced to a shite, one sided atmosphere game after game, overly weighed in favour of the home side.?

Chop off the nose to spite the face attitude if ever.

Given that the allocation was cut off the back of a poster on here and you get the most extreme views on here regarding the original decision is it not telling that even on Follow Follow the poll results aren't overwhelmingly against yesterday's announcement?
My issue is there's potentially hundreds of ST holders who will be told you aren't allowed into Old matches anymore.

Our own support shouldn't be collateral damage for anyone.

Back