The club have written to the SFA in relation to the Aberdeen game

Two incidents that really show Clancy for what he is are the time we got a free kick and brown picks up the ball walks away with it then kicks it away and the one in the second half when he gave them another free kick for nothing and he grabs the ball from one of our players and hands it to one of them. Absolutely unbelievable piece of blatant favouritism,cheating assisting or whatever you want to ball it. We should be demanding his dismissal

Two incidents that really show Clancy for what he is are the time we got a free kick and brown picks up the ball walks away with it then kicks it away and the one in the second half when he gave them another free kick for nothing and he grabs the ball from one of our players and hands it to one of them. Absolutely unbelievable piece of blatant favouritism,cheating assisting or whatever you want to ball it. We should be demanding his dismissal
Said it in another thread, never seen that before. I have a player hand the ref the ball and he may pass it on to a opposing player or just drop it, but never have I seen him take it from one team and quickly pass it to the next

We released a statement after the game stating that it's time to bring VAR in.

Celtic scoring with a hand tipped us over the edge that day

Granted we took a bit more of a diplomatic approach, stating that referees require support to make the right calls
Beale was banned. We appealed it. The appeal was never heard due to COVID coming in.

Rangers as a club were fined (6th February). The appeal for that was in December! Which, of course, we lost.

Good news, hopefully Clancy's "mistakes" receive widespread coverage, and he is put under scrutiny and pressure for future performances.
Personally I'd ask he be binned, he's clearly incapable of being impartial. A *** in black.
To date only one ex-referee has come out and stated that Clancy perhaps needed to look over his performance.

Some years ago I got chatting to another amateur coach here in NZ; he used to be a ref in the EPL.
He reffed a game at Highbury between Arsenal & Man U and thought he did okay. SAF thought differently and absolutely roasted him after it, yelling at him "You'll never f*@#ng ref another United game again!" Ferguson was true to his word.
If we're serious about making it to the Champions League again, the Club should be trying to make sure the same happens with Clancy vs. us (as impossible as the SFA/SPFL will make it). He's an absolute disgrace to his profession.
I've got a Dutch mate who watched the Dec 2019 OF game as a neutral and he couldn't believe what he was seeing. "That referee needs investigated - he's obviously a cheat."

Last edited:
I dont disagree - but how do you prove he is a cheat? hes hardly likely to say he is now ... is he? so how do you prove he has bias against Rangers which is effectively what people are saying (rightly or wrongly)

or is it just he is piss poor?
Not simply poor; he loves to stick it to the Rangers - and that's from the horse's mouth.

Can accept rangers played poorly amd the right result was the one in the end, however, the standard of referee in our game is actually embarrassing how they even get to these decisions is incredible amd would love to hear Clancy justify 75% of those decisions the other night.

The only way to prevent these in my opinion is better training for these officials, and VAR .

It weakens the league I think aswell as players will not want to play here when officials are making decisions that are mind boggling.
Better training won’t stop Clancy from being a cheat.

I’m glad we are taking an approach of questioning the performance, it was poor in any reasonable persons book. If we aren’t going to take action in these situations, we are complicit in letting it continue.

That being said, there’s hardly a record of the SFA doing anything constructive with referees. The same old faces show up regardless of how well they do their job.

I suppose it has to be bad when all supporters of all Scottish clubs all claim some guys in particular are always bias against them. But the crap that goes on against Rangers is extreme unless i'm missing out on just as extreme in other teams games which I don't watch. Here's a reminder.

In some peoples eyes yes.

like i said i am glad the club has raised its concerns - my issue is i dont think anything can come of it - i hope i am completely wrong - but i think its unlikely.
Unfortunately, that probably IS the case.

Exactly.
If the guy books a player then doesn't show him a red at his next bad foul, the stats don't show that.
His performance at Pittodrie was similar to the Porkery New Year game.
Lets things go the whole game, then accelerates his decisions toward the end and we end up with a red card.
In the New Year game, Christie, Bolingoli and Johnston should have been sent off. Only Morelos was.
We should have had three penalties for shirt pulling. Only sellic were awarded a penalty, for shirt pulling!
The other night McCrorie, Hayes and Brown should have been off. Only Kent was sent off.
There was a blatant hold on Morelos's jersey in front of the ref, but no penalty awarded. There was a blatant push on a Rangers player, right in front of the ref, and the subsequent header ended up in a penalty to Aberdeen and a yellow card for public enemy No1.

Stats don't show this stuff.
There must be something in the referees scorecard for incidents missed. Would expect with Clancy that the number of incidents missed has to be very high for the opposition in Rangers games.

Would like to see a blank referees scorecard to get an idea how they are rated.

We had 8 fouls against us last night playing Stirling Albion. 8 a piece it was.
Against Aberdeen we had 21 fouls given against and got 7.
Most certainly refereed to a different standard. Don’t recall us ever being in a game where we had three times as many fouls given against us as to the opposition.

That game was dictated more by the referee than it was by either of the two teams. Aberdeen's tactics was 100% dependent on the referee. They played the man more than the ball and with every slightest touch went down to get a freekick.

The problem we have is this is exactly what the SFA/SPFL want, complaining to them gets us no where. We need to win the league regardless of their referees and hopefully make the Cinch deal bankrupt the cunts.
We are a level above the rest of the teams in that league and not all referees will allow themselves to be as blatant as Clancy, we will still win the league.

Well the done the club.

Best thing players can do now is the one thing the likes of the SFA and Clancy will hate the most - retain the title

We the done the club.

Best thing players can do now is the one thing the likes of the SFA and Clancy will hate the most - retain the title
Hopefully retaining the title, without Cinch being allowed on the trophy, will be enough to allow Cinch to claim breach of contract and take the SPFL/SFA to court.

We aren't just winning a football game by winning the league we are also beating a corrupt 19th Century Terrorist authority and media.

When he grabbed that ball and gave it to them was an unbelievable bit of bias.

That game was dictated more by the referee than it was by either of the two teams. Aberdeen's tactics was 100% dependent on the referee. They played the man more than the ball and with every slightest touch went down to get a freekick.

The problem we have is this is exactly what the SFA/SPFL want, complaining to them gets us no where. We need to win the league regardless of their referees and hopefully make the Cinch deal bankrupt the cunts.
We are a level above the rest of the teams in that league and not all referees will allow themselves to be as blatant as Clancy, we will still win the league.
Not true. Our tactics suited Aberdeen. We sat off in the midfield we didn’t dominate the ball and we didn’t pass and move the ball with pace. We played the game exactly how Aberdeen wanted us to.

Yes Clancy was awful. Totally awful. But we need ti avoid using that as an excuse for what we could and should have done better.

Gio got team selection and tactics wrong.

I think we have a stronger argument than usual here. Normally if a complaint is based on "why didn't we get a penalty for X?" Or "Why was an offside goal allowed to stand?" the answer from the authorities is always going to be that from where the officials were they didn't believe it to be a foul/offside. Draw a line, move on.

This time with the elbow on Borna when Clancy wouldn't let him leave the field for treatment, there is a concrete example of a referee failing to apply the regulations to protect players in the event of a hit to the head.
He ignored, or didn't understand, a basic safety protocols designed to protect players and their physical well-being. That's a very serious issue. In the worst case, he actively prevented medics applying concussion protocols.

Any other decision he made that day can be waived away, but that one can't be dismissed so easily

Not true. Our tactics suited Aberdeen. We sat off in the midfield we didn’t dominate the ball and we didn’t pass and move the ball with pace. We played the game exactly how Aberdeen wanted us to.

Yes Clancy was awful. Totally awful. But we need ti avoid using that as an excuse for what we could and should have done better.

Forget tactics or who played well, not many did maybe Goldson, we should never accept a bent ref.

Its time for us to fight back at least now these officials that cheat(hes not the only one) know we aint going to ignore it any longer the days of being feart(para) about this subject are coming to an end. If some dont like it and prefer to blame the players im afraid thats tough shit cos no matter how much money we spend the team will always have off days, we also underestimate our rivals and how teams like Aberdeen will fight for absolutely everything more so on their own park.

Its also a warning for Madden who will be already thinking of doing similar at the piggery.

Again i don't disagree and i have seen the video ... but how do you prove its bias / cheating and not just the fact he is a piss poor official?
He looks at the same type of tackle through a different lens, easy to compile a video of how he makes decisions against us as opposed to others.

The difference will be staggering. We seek counsel from an independent referee (from abroad) to explain the decisions and the difference in them.

He's the cheat that denied Dundee Hivs a stonewall penalty at the glitter dome this season. He ignored the exact same challenge against the bheasts that he gave them a penalty for. He ignored Barasic being pushed with 2 hands and gives the sheep a penalty, at the other end he ignores Goldson being manhandled and brought down in the box. Just look at how quick he is to book Alfie or any Rangers player.

His history with us especially v the sheep is horrendous. The cup game at Ibrox in particular whereby he allowed the sheep to foul our players constantly with no action was a disgrace. That was the point we shouldve went for him. Compare that to Tav the other night, one challenge, he won the ball but Tav gets booked.

He's a cheat, he has an agenda, people are now starting to wake up to his cheating including our club.

What we need to avoid is mixing up our poor showing with the out and out cheating of clancy.

Will Clancy ever get to step one foot inside Ibrox again?
Hopefully retaining the title, without Cinch being allowed on the trophy, will be enough to allow Cinch to claim breach of contract and take the SPFL/SFA to court.

We aren't just winning a football game by winning the league we are also beating a corrupt 19th Century Terrorist authority and media.
You have probably just mentioned a reason why we won't be allowed to win this title?

You are absolutely on the money. The trouble is the idiots who run our game don’t see the damage it is doing. It is spoiling football for the spectator and as a result our league will never attract a decent sponsor. As a footballing nation we are so inward looking it’s unreal. Sticking it to Rangers is more important than progressing the game. They really need to look at the bigger picture. As for plastic pitches being allowed………….. they are another way of allowing an inferior product and short changing fans who pay good money to watch.

Father Clancy is not a bad referee ?
if he was a bad ref he would be called out every game...
He is knows exactly what he is doing...
After being called out by our last management team...
He is trying it on again to see if geo will react,
Conclusion.... Biggest cheat in football and thats not easy in scotland.

You are absolutely on the money. The trouble is the idiots who run our game don’t see the damage it is doing. It is spoiling football for the spectator and as a result our league will never attract a decent sponsor. As a footballing nation we are so inward looking it’s unreal. Sticking it to Rangers is more important than progressing the game. They really need to look at the bigger picture. As for plastic pitches being allowed………….. they are another way of allowing an inferior product and short changing fans who pay good money to watch.
It’s exactly that. The fact the co-efficiency has went up to allow more of our leagues clubs in Europe and us playing a top European team soon is something to be proud about but since we are involved it will be underplayed.
Scottish football is hating itself to death and the quicker we can remove Doncaster and the rest of their cabal, the better.

I dont disagree - but how do you prove he is a cheat? hes hardly likely to say he is now ... is he? so how do you prove he has bias against Rangers which is effectively what people are saying (rightly or wrongly)

or is it just he is piss poor?
The other problem is that surely the counter argument folk will give is that he could have given Aberdeen a pen for the Mcgregor incident if he was cheating.

I think that a lot of refs have an "unconscious bias" towards teams. Clancy, Collum, Robertson, Beaton are prime examples.
I think that the game is too fast for them to think about cheating, but I also think they have an unhealthy relationship with certain players which allows them to give them more leeway. Roy Aitken, Billy McBungle, Willie Miller were the epitome of hassling refs. We need to be streetwise also.
I think that the current crop of refs are simply inept. They aren't very good at all.
I would be surprised if Clancy has a game with us for a while.

Said similar to my mate. The Aberdeen chairman fronted a group of 5 teams looking to see how to amongst other things, bring additional revenue into the game.
Why doesn't he start at home and allow 2 stands to an away support that will fill it, allowing additional revenue directly to his club.
I think the remit is, how to bring in revenue but don't help rangers, this is why when my kids are older they'll be having these same discussions.

I don't think much will be done about Clancy it's like complaining to wee Krankie about Useless. They are all corrupt.

First of all we WERE poor on Tuesday night. However that should not detract from Clancy and his assistants collective performance .*
The twitter posts from Timothy are laughable they state that is the first player we have had red carded in 2 years in 90 minutes(shows what a clean team we are) I do not know if this is true as I do not obsess over everything & anything Rangers so I will take their info as it is, so that would have been Alfredo at the Piggery funnily enough, and who was the ref that day none other than the nancy Clancy and for any lurkers it was in 96 minutes of play Clancy was using his Seville Calculator watch that day.
What the Board should do is to take a page out of the Scum's Playbook , get videos of both the aforementioned matches and hire a Sports Psychologist to analyse Clancy for his body language towards ours and Aberdeen's players and of course the scum, hopefully an expert who is familiar with the Laws of Association Football as how they stood 2 seasons ago and now. Also take into account his positioning and what he can see but chooses not to!
The report could then be posted on the official Club website this would then make the Red Tops without the need to let them in for a free press conference/briefing, and after the cat is out the bag then send a copy to Head of Referees/& SFA ( Sanctuary For Abusers) @ Hampden and await their reply( or even send them the report first) and what actions they are to take on Clancy .
What can they do? Fine us again for calling them out? We as fans could assist, crowD fund to cover the cost, showing support for the Club and that we are not going to take this crap anymore, they want a war highlight the sporting integrity other teams get at Parkhead with stonewall penalties denied, even we don't get stonewallers at Ibrox.
In my opinion the best Refs in Scotland just now are Willie Collum (probably the last ref to have ordered off the baldy manchild in a scum/sheep jersey for his antics) and Nick Walsh, the rest like Bobby Madden just wants an easy life and panders to Timothy , Don Robertson no need to mention his contempt for us, it is well known, Steven McLean as per Madden with RFC associations (allegedly), John Beaton 50/50 at best. After that there is really no-one that I would rate as fair and decent at their job. As for the Linesmen don't get me started.
What we need is to infiltrate the Refereeing circle any young supporters out there at University and looking for a career in a Professional Occupation, GP, Solicitor, Police Officer, Teacher, etc you would then be fast tracked to Grade One within a few years and bring Swiss levels of nutrality into Scottish Football (again).
* The 'missed penalty' for Aberdeen Clancy could not award that as he was too far back to clearly observe any alleged foul having occurred, like wise his assistant (the manchild was in his own half at the time) nor the Linesman who was not up with play in the final third of the pitch.
Think of the goal scored by Mendes? v Man Utd for Spurs ? from Kemar Roofe range that Roy Caroll scrambled from behind the line and clutched looking to see if he got away with it (cheating?) both officials could not clearly observe the ball crossing the goal line so were unable to award but the keepers body language suggested different.

Back