The Club In Process of Banning Fans For “Offensive Banner”

We have a feelgood factor at present going into this week and the next.
I have the absolute fear its going to blown to bits by the announcement of a stadium closure for the Young Boys game.
Fuken sick of the parasites that are self harming Rangers, every supporter knows we have enemies all over the place ready to twist the knife at any opportunity.
We have had serious warnings so wisen up or fuk off.
This isn't happening

Might not get us a uefa punishment, but it does absolutely nothing for our reputation and gives the media constant ammunition to batter into us. Also shows a complete lack of respect for the club's campaign and creates a culture and environment of letting the bullshit creep back into the stadium.

I don't give a %^*& if they're brand new on a bus, they paid to get a huge Rangers flag made and put Celtic on it, not just that but they then called them 19th Century Terrorists on it, not just that but they then posted it online after taking it abroad to a European away game. That's not the actions of some 'brand new' guys, that's the actions of some grade A fucking knobends

I agree entirely with your post.

It is surely time for some people to realise, irrespective of their individual leanings away from football, that sectarianism needs to be dissociated entirely from Rangers FC.

If they don't like it - too bad !

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with it if it's not in the stadium. Surely the club can't ban them for posing outwith a match situation? The boys were actually on my bus from Rotterdam to Feyenoord and were brand new. The abuse is a bit harsh
Think they can say its possibly bringing the club into disrepute/showing the club in a bad light considering the flag actually had the clubs crest on it

I don't understand why they would even take the flag with them in the first place - presumably it was their intention to take it to the game but in view of the backlash didn't?

A ban is the right thing here.

I think some people are desperate to continue to argue a lost point

This damages the club, end of

This is the bottom line but it’s getting missed!

We live in a time where this is considered unacceptable and probably illegal!

The club’s reputation is being damaged but some would rather just continue - it’s crazy

Club imposed bans are pretty much useless in all honest.they are easy enough to get around.

Matter of time before the club start exploring ways of making away fans in attendance liable for reimbursing the club for payment of fines related to fan behaviour.

How can they ban them if it’s not in the stadium?

Not sure I agree with this regardless of how stupid the idiots were for making it.
The club will be taking the view point that its bringing unwanted attention and negative press towards the club which it can do without. They will also have been worried a banner like that makes it into the stadium which we would of been hammered for. People might argue its harsh but it will have people thinking twice about doing stupid stuff like that if your going to lose your season ticket

The banner was not inside the stadium, what can they ban them for?
That's my thinking. They're getting a ban just for having a banner. That can't be right.

Utterly stupid thing to put on a banner. No idea what they were thinking about and they must have known it would bring the wrong sort of attention but I don't see how it's Rangers position to act on it if its not in a stadium.

It's not right that the club cower in fear to the republican propaganda machine. If the tim board banned a few tims for an airport "%^*& the H.." banner.We'd think they were all under the thumb well and truly.They wouldn't do that even though they've had fines aswell.

If the board want to slowly criminalise any display of Protestantism and unionism within Ibrox. They are going to have issues. Maybe if you get snapped at an orange walk playing BB.You'll get a ban aswell. Banning fans for airport behaviour is beyond belief. Dividing the club from it's core support base( working class prods) isn't going to work out well in the long run.

And therein lies the problem with a section of our support.

It’s a word that CAN’T be used, EVER, at least in the confines supporting the team home or away.

Too many in our support show a complete disregard for their fellow fans and the club in general while they continue to use words like that.

Surely we’re all adult enough to know what battles we can win or lose?

It’s a word that CAN’T SHOULDN'T be used, EVER, at least in the confines supporting the team home or away, or indeed anywhere else if they choose to wear Rangers colours.

Too many in our support show a complete disregard for their fellow fans and the club in general while they continue to use words like that.

Surely we’re all adult enough to know what battles we can win or lose?

Well done Rangers. Sick of these stupid fuckers scoring own goals against the club and decent supporters. Whether people agree or are actually offended by such a banner is irrelevant. It brings unwanted negativity onto the clubs reputation, risks punishment, fines and bans. Stop giving our enemies ammunition, the world has changed.

The club has to be seen to be doing this, for ourselves.
We will end up in serious trouble if it doesn't stop. Hopefully the penny will eventually drop.
I understand that however I want all clubs to be held to the same parameters on these issues and not just certain clubs being targeted

The fact that some supporters on this very thread are calling fellow Rangers fans "inbred morons " is even more staggering.
Are you seriously suggesting that that the decent, law-abiding, actual Rangers fans should defend those moronic pieces of shite?

"fellow Rangers fans" - I'm happy to say that I have %^*& all in common with those arsewipes.

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with it if it's not in the stadium. Surely the club can't ban them for posing outwith a match situation? The boys were actually on my bus from Rotterdam to Feyenoord and were brand new. The abuse is a bit harsh
The club have to get tough on the kind of folk who pull these type of stunts as its hurting the club.

Everyone knows the score now.

Getting that banner made up was just gross stupidity.

I think it’s harsh if they are going to ban people for the pyro ,

This isn’t just Rangers but all over the country club will ban people for pyro and flares etc until the club win and then they use these images as promotion , either the clubs are completed against it or they can try and promote the safe use of pyro ( likely never happen I know )
the people doing this dont care that another fine is coming thanks to them, they also dont care that their stupidity could injure one of our own or cause distress to someone with a respiratory condition
Not going to lie, i didn't really see much wrong with the banner. Seen alot worse. The mhedia in this country have done their job again.
wasnt the media that put it on facebook and twitter, if the media had highlighted it if seen at the game we would be looking at more than just a fine. Idiots need to start listening to what the club is saying

You're totally missing the point ? Flags like that bring negative publicity to the club and the media don't have a problem tarring all our fans the same, whoever agreed to make it is just as stupid.

The club is trying to eradicate all this sectarian crap, so our supporters should be assisting the club, not helping our enemy's by waving flags with blatant sectarian content on it and making the clubs job even harder, people defending the wording on the flag have just as bad a mindset as those holding it up.

My club,your club, our club want this nonsense gone from our support, had that been flown within the stadium we would be possibly looking at a stadium closure and losing over £1m in gate reciepts due to the actions of a handful of idiots, thankfully it wan't.

On the pyro, I like it but it's illegal and once again brings negative publicity to the club, It also gets the club punished by UEFA by way of a large fine, money we can ill afford to pish down the drain because someone thinks being selfish knowing the club will get hammered for it and couldn't give a toss.
on your last point UEFA are very selective on who they punish for pyro but of course we are Rangers,

It's not right that the club cower in fear to the republican propaganda machine. If the tim board banned a few tims for an airport "%^*& the H.." banner.We'd think they were all under the thumb well and truly.They wouldn't do that even though they've had fines aswell.

If the board want to slowly criminalise any display of Protestantism and unionism within Ibrox. They are going to have issues. Maybe if you get snapped at an orange walk playing BB.You'll get a ban aswell. Banning fans for airport behaviour is beyond belief. Dividing the club from it's core support base( working class prods) isn't going to work out well in the long run.

Making a Rangers banner with "We hate Celtic F*nian B*stards" is not a display of Protestantism or Unionism in any sense.

Neither is the club cowering in fear. What they are trying to do is to avoid getting a stadium ban or getting thrown out of the competition altogether.

The club have no choice but to ban them. The message has to get through to people.

No one at Rangers is criminalising Protestantism. Being overtly anti catholic, using the term 19th Century Terrorist is not in any way being a Protestant. It's just plain sectarianism and everyone knows it is not acceptable anymore. You know it will harm the club yet you would still do it? Makes no sense.

I understand that however I want all clubs to be held to the same parameters on these issues and not just certain clubs being targeted

At least if we stop doing so it will focus attention on other club's support rather than us.

We can do our talking on the pitch and will be even better able to do so if the club are not constantly being subject to fines from the football authorities.

Said it before, the Celtic obsessed within our support need to go away and stay.

We are Rangers FC not We Hate Celtic FC.

Pride, Dignity, Traditionalist, Honour, Respect, Loyalty - these characteristics make a Ranger

There is no place for bigot NEDs.

#EveryoneAnyone
I'm a bigot but I abide with the rules when following Rangers, when I'm not, I'm a total bigot, proud of it and hate every piece of the dirty, filthy, inbred paedo filled monobrows with a passion

That's my thinking. They're getting a ban just for having a banner. That can't be right.

Utterly stupid thing to put on a banner. No idea what they were thinking about and they must have known it would bring the wrong sort of attention but I don't see how it's Rangers position to act on it if its not in a stadium.

If the lads went to the effort of making the banner, it's not a large leap to believe it'll soon appear in a stadium - and that they wouldn't be adverse to singing the words.

The Club have to be proactive. We simply can't afford another sanction.

Making a Rangers banner with "We hate Celtic F*nian B*stards" is not a display of Protestantism or Unionism in any sense.

Neither is the club cowering in fear. What they are trying to do is to avoid getting a stadium ban or getting thrown out of the competition altogether.

It's a very crude banner but of course it's a symbol of unionism and Protestantism in terms of intent and meaning even though most people over 25 in the PUL community would see it as a bit of a riddy. But the slow criminalization of Unionism at Ibrox isn't so much referring to the banner but the current feeling from the board to anything of that bent. It's the wider context.

It's clear where this is all headed even if it's 3 or 4 years down the line. The direction of travel. Any symbolism of unionism and Protestantism is just to embarrassing to middle class liberals in our support. They don't like any of it. They aren't being honest with the support though that they want to do away with everything. Instead they are using Uefa fines are a trojan horse and trying to do it bit by bit.

Tend to agree with him tbh, I might be wrong but the picture wasn’t at the game it was at the airport. Was it daft or course it was but let’s be honest here if it was put up in a bar in Amsterdam no one would have said anything about it.
You are wrong. Plenty are now heeding the warnings from UEFA and don’t want a closed door Ibrox.

You think Brand Gerrard will want associated with a toxic image like “racist” singing?

The 1690 brigade need to realise that we are moving on and quickly.

I agree entirely with your post.

It is surely time for some people to realise, irrespective of their individual leanings away from football, that sectarianism needs to be dissociated entirely from Rangers FC.

If they don't like it - too bad !

Totally unrelated to thread but I've just noticed your username, I assume you're a Gers fan called Al and it's not meant to mean something else? :))

I think it’s harsh if they are going to ban people for the pyro ,

This isn’t just Rangers but all over the country club will ban people for pyro and flares etc until the club win and then they use these images as promotion , either the clubs are completed against it or they can try and promote the safe use of pyro ( likely never happen I know )

You really think banning for those engaged in pyro, which everyone knows is against the competition rules as well as being a criminal act in Holland and will result in a financial penalty for the club is harsh?
What action do you think the club should have taken?

I'm a bigot but I abide with the rules when following Rangers, when I'm not, I'm a total bigot, proud of it and hate every piece of the dirty, filthy, inbred paedo filled monobrows with a passion

You can hate Celtic without being a Bigot, each to their own I suppose though, as long as your happy!

Back