The Club In Process of Banning Fans For “Offensive Banner”

It's a very crude banner but of course it's a symbol of unionism and Protestantism in terms of intent and meaning even though most people over 25 in the PUL community would see it as a bit of a riddy. But the slow criminalization of Unionism at Ibrox isn't so much referring to the banner but the current feeling from the board to anything of that bent. It's the wider context.

It's clear where this is all headed even if it's 3 or 4 years down the line. The direction of travel. Any symbolism of unionism and Protestantism is just to embarrassing to middle class liberals in our support. They don't like any of it. They aren't being honest with the support though that they want to do away with everything. Instead they are using Uefa fines are a trojan horse and trying to do it bit by bit.

Yep, because the Trefoil Guild down my local church are always talking about how much they hate 19th Century Terrorists between baking cakes and hosting their coffee mornings.

Get a grip.

You are wrong. Plenty are now heeding the warnings from UEFA and don’t want a closed door Ibrox.

You think Brand Gerrard will want associated with a toxic image like “racist” singing?

The 1690 brigade need to realise that we are moving on and quickly.

If I’m wrong and it was at the game that’s a different story. Nope I don’t think he would want associated with “racist” singing although I don’t think the word 19th Century Terrorist is “racist”.

If you are saying I’m wrong that no one would have said anything if they’d put it up in a boozer in Amsterdam then we will have to agree to disagree.

If I’m wrong and it was at the game that’s a different story. Nope I don’t think he would want associated with “racist” singing although I don’t think the word 19th Century Terrorist is “racist”.

UEFA closed part of Ibrox due to “racist” singing.

Nothing wrong with it if it's not in the stadium. Surely the club can't ban them for posing outwith a match situation? The boys were actually on my bus from Rotterdam to Feyenoord and were brand new. The abuse is a bit harsh
Brand new boys who don’t give a toss for you, me the club or anyone other than themselves. Their ban is well deserved.

on your last point UEFA are very selective on who they punish for pyro but of course we are Rangers,
Legia Warsaw aside, there are plenty of clubs who have been punished for pyro, easy to find.

Legia Warsaw is bizarre given it stopped the game for several minutes, there wouldn't be anything stopping the club with the latest charge to ask UEFA to explain why Legia weren't punished for the same thing they have charged Rangers with and Rangers fans didn't get the match stopped.

You are wrong. Plenty are now heeding the warnings from UEFA and don’t want a closed door Ibrox.

You think Brand Gerrard will want associated with a toxic image like “racist” singing?

The 1690 brigade need to realise that we are moving on and quickly.
“1690 brigade” and who might they be are they the same as the ftp brigade or is that anyone who believes rangers are more than a football club

That's my thinking. They're getting a ban just for having a banner. That can't be right.

Utterly stupid thing to put on a banner. No idea what they were thinking about and they must have known it would bring the wrong sort of attention but I don't see how it's Rangers position to act on it if its not in a stadium.

Previous experience shows you can be made responsible for your travelling fans in Europe - whether to not they have tickets, whether or not they have travelled officially with the club, whether or not they are inside the ground.

Nobody is saying it was right to display it but if you think the majority of Bears dont think it then you are sadly mistaken.
Ah, but there’s the difference between the majority and those who don’t care about anyone or anything but themselves. Thinking something is one thing, doing something which you know can cause our club harm smacks of total scumbags who deserve no sympathy and have no place in our modern day support.

It's a very crude banner but of course it's a symbol of unionism and Protestantism in terms of intent and meaning even though most people over 25 in the PUL community would see it as a bit of a riddy. But the slow criminalization of Unionism at Ibrox isn't so much referring to the banner but the current feeling from the board to anything of that bent. It's the wider context.

It's clear where this is all headed even if it's 3 or 4 years down the line. The direction of travel. Any symbolism of unionism and Protestantism is just to embarrassing to middle class liberals in our support. They don't like any of it. They aren't being honest with the support though that they want to do away with everything. Instead they are using Uefa fines are a trojan horse and trying to do it bit by bit.
Think you need to go for a wee lie down.

Nothing to do with the banner as I don’t know enough about it. Anyone singing the add ons these days inside a stadium needs their nads kicked, however. Once the tea and crumpets brigade have taken over Ibrox and the traveling support, and some “scary firm” from Feyenoord, Porto, or wherever are surrounding and harassing young and old supporters and abusing them who are you going to turn to, the wonderfully clueless and ineffective Plod, or the tea and crumpets brigade? Fkin hate the way fellow supporters are called “knuckle draggers “ and “Neds” on here.

Great news and the correct decision. Some saying Rangers can’t ban them because it was outside the stadium. Well they are wrong Rangers are well within their rights to ban them.
I’m sure Rangers can choose who they want to sell tickets to.

Nothing wrong with it if it's not in the stadium. Surely the club can't ban them for posing outwith a match situation? The boys were actually on my bus from Rotterdam to Feyenoord and were brand new. The abuse is a bit harsh

See if they're stupid enough to organise and the pose for photos with the banner, they're probably the sort of moron that would get tanked up and sing it in the stadium. Banning them send a message to those who cant get it through their heads that we can't afford a stadium closure or European ban.

Hahahaha.

Zzzzzzzzzz

Comedy gold

If you are saying I’m wrong that no one would have said anything if they’d put it up in a boozer in Amsterdam then we will have to agree to disagree.

It doesn't matter whether you think it is racist or not. The only thing that matters is whether UEFA thinks it's racist.

It must take a kind of special moron to spend yer money only to come up with a flag like that then take it to a foreign country and display for the whole world to see.Don’t know what else Rangers can do after pleading with these morons till they are blue in face just doesn’t sink in.Hell mend them.

You can hate Celtic without being a Bigot, each to their own I suppose though, as long as your happy!
I don't just hate Celtic fc, I'm a bigot because I do not tolerate those who seek to be intolerant towards my beliefs, culture, heritage and a lot of that stems from the stench filled republicanism in constant display by their support and tolerated by their boardroom, so yes, I'm a "happy as fekk" bigot

It doesn't matter whether you think it is racist or not. The only thing that matters is whether UEFA thinks it's racist.
It's quite ironic if UEFA think that, given they award tournaments they run to country's with huge racist problems and others who break every rule in the human rights book.

How can they ban them if it’s not in the stadium?

Not sure I agree with this regardless of how stupid the idiots were for making it.

Nobody owns their seat at Ibrox. We all rent it for a season.

If the club decide they ain’t selling you a ticket then you don't get a ticket.

Personally, I’m surprised anyone is surprised to get banned for stuff like this happening at UEFA fixtures.

You’d need to be off the scale stupid not to have noticed what has been going on this season Re UEFA.

Nothing to do with the banner as I don’t know enough about it. Anyone singing the add ons these days inside a stadium needs their nads kicked, however. Once the tea and crumpets brigade have taken over Ibrox and the traveling support, and some “scary firm” from Feyenoord, Porto, or wherever are surrounding and harassing young and old supporters and abusing them who are you going to turn to, the wonderfully clueless and ineffective Plod, or the tea and crumpets brigade? Fkin hate the way fellow supporters are called “knuckle draggers “ and “Neds” on here.
I fckin hate the way fellow supporters constantly do stupid stuff that shows the club and fan base in a bad light.

It's quite ironic if UEFA think that, given they award tournaments they run to country's with huge racist problems and others who break every rule in the human rights book.

Yep, but there you go. It's their tournament and their rules.

However, they do regularly punish clubs for what they perceive as racist behaviour. It isn't just us.

Might not get us a uefa punishment, but it does absolutely nothing for our reputation and gives the media constant ammunition to batter into us. Also shows a complete lack of respect for the club's campaign and creates a culture and environment of letting the bullshit creep back into the stadium.

I don't give a %^*& if they're brand new on a bus, they paid to get a huge Rangers flag made and put Celtic on it, not just that but they then called them 19th Century Terrorists on it, not just that but they then posted it online after taking it abroad to a European away game. That's not the actions of some 'brand new' guys, that's the actions of some grade A fucking knobends
Grade A Fucking knobends? As much as I wouldn't get that type of banner made up to take to the fitba the vast majority of The Rangers support agree with the sentiment. %^*& them. They are fenain bastards. We do hate them. The banner was nowhere near the game, take a day off of being self righteous. Thank %^*& you weren't on the bus sooking the fun out of it.

I gather some moon howler has been photographed on Social media with said banner??

How fcking thick are some people?

Absolute throbbers.

That's the downside of social media it gives idiots and retards a voice etc.

Fcking unreal. Despair at times.

The pic appeared last week on my whatsapp page that has no connection to any Gers fans.

Yep, but there you go. It's their tournament and their rules.

However, they do regularly punish clubs for what they perceive as racist behaviour. It isn't just us.
Not disagreeing in the slightest, but just highlighting an organisation who are in bed with many anti racist groups and against all forms of racism and extremely quick to punish football clubs, but they award tournaments to country's with extremely high racist and human rights issues. Most normal people wouldn't be rewarding a country with such reputations, but UEFA aren't really run by normal people, similar to their cousins at FIFA.

There seems to be plenty of "the banner wasn't at the game" posts here.

Why go to the bother of getting a banner that you can't take to the stadium?

Bottom line, they knew the banner was likely to get us into trouble, or they would have gone into the stadium with it.

We should really like and respect Celtic and feenyiny types

agree the banner was stupid though

Not disagreeing in the slightest, but just highlighting an organisation who are in bed with many anti racist groups and against all forms of racism and extremely quick to punish football clubs, but they award tournaments to country's with extremely high racist and human rights issues. Most normal people wouldn't be rewarding a country with such reputations, but UEFA aren't really run by normal people, similar to their cousins at FIFA.
I don't think anyone would disagree with those sentiments mate but it's their baw and we need to play by their rules.

There seems to be plenty of "the banner wasn't at the game" posts here.

Why go to the bother of getting a banner that you can't take to the stadium?

Bottom line, they knew the banner was likely to get us into trouble, or they would have gone into the stadium with it.
I would expect they were advised against taking it in

Neither do i but you cant blame fans being angry about it. Weve had more than 1 partial stadium ban and voluntarily refused tickets for another match.

Some people refuse to learn their lesson and grow up and its damaging the club and fans reputation.
I get that mate. Probably some young guys, too much drink, made a total c-_unt of themselves and done something they’ll regret for a long time. Just don’t get the “knuckle draggers” “neds” comments from people who probably don’t even know the guys.

Playing complete devils advocate here, they didn’t display it in the stadium, how can the club then ban them? It was displayed in a public space? For the record the banner is idiotic and those that produced it clearly cannot see where the club is trying to go.
Rangers can let whoever they please into Ibrox and ban whoever they please from Ibrox so long as it isn’t discriminatory. Good on the club for banning these idiots. They could have caused the club a lot of damage.

I think the club are being a tad heavy handed here.

After the partial stadium closure I thought that they had engaged with fans groups and "influencers" regarding what songs and specific words were acceptable.

I thought there was a consensus on here that it was UEFA's tournement and that we needed to keep certain songs and chants for supporters buses and "sash bashes" etc.

To me, that would suggest that not many of us actually agree with UEFA's interpretation of "the f word" but that we should box clever.

Now clearly photographing this flag isn't boxing clever but I would suggest the club are moving the goalposts here.

I do get that a zero tolerance approach from the club does send a powerful message to the support as a whole but these guys, whilst being stupid, are a bit unlucky.

Are we now saying that there are certain songs and words that have no place anywhere?

Because that's a different position and one that I find troubling and perhaps even slightly hypocritical.

Latest posts

Back