The Club In Process of Banning Fans For “Offensive Banner”

buffalosoldier

Nothing wrong with it if it's not in the stadium. Surely the club can't ban them for posing outwith a match situation? The boys were actually on my bus from Rotterdam to Feyenoord and were brand new. The abuse is a bit harsh
Might not get us a uefa punishment, but it does absolutely nothing for our reputation and gives the media constant ammunition to batter into us. Also shows a complete lack of respect for the club's campaign and creates a culture and environment of letting the bullshit creep back into the stadium.

I don't give a %^*& if they're brand new on a bus, they paid to get a huge Rangers flag made and put Celtic on it, not just that but they then called them Fenians on it, not just that but they then posted it online after taking it abroad to a European away game. That's not the actions of some 'brand new' guys, that's the actions of some grade A fucking knobends

UlsterScotGer

If the aim is for us to get one up on them, the banner was a massive OG. Time and time again, we play into our enemies hands by giving them all the ammo they and their pals in the media need.
If you want to put something controversial on a banner about them, make it something they DON’T want to talk about.

GazzaG

Official Ticketer
Playing complete devils advocate here, they didn’t display it in the stadium, how can the club then ban them? It was displayed in a public space? For the record the banner is idiotic and those that produced it clearly cannot see where the club is trying to go.
Rangers stadium, Rangers rules.

You want to stick the clubs property on a banner like that, expect some comeback.

BluenoseDoug

I don't disagree with what was said on the banner in all honesty. But we all know not to say that naughty word so it was sheer ignorance to display it. If it had said Hun it would be fine though. Hypocrisy no?

crookie_bear

Did anything happen to Legia when they set of flares at Ibrox and got the game stopped?
The club has to be seen to be doing this, for ourselves.
We will end up in serious trouble if it doesn't stop. Hopefully the penny will eventually drop.

EndOfDays

Playing complete devils advocate here, they didn’t display it in the stadium, how can the club then ban them? It was displayed in a public space? For the record the banner is idiotic and those that produced it clearly cannot see where the club is trying to go.
Because next time there is a chance it could be in the ground and thankfully the club are stopping that from happening.

uddingstonbluenose

Was this 'unveiled' in Amsterdam Airport or somewhere in the UK? Probably even more stupid to unveil it in a building with cameras in full view of Police Scotland.

Out of interest was the banner confiscated or did it just vanish, not seen again?

dazzapat

Not going to lie, i didn't really see much wrong with the banner. Seen alot worse. The mhedia in this country have done their job again.
And therein lies the problem with a section of our support.

It’s a word that CAN’T be used, EVER, at least in the confines supporting the team home or away.

Too many in our support show a complete disregard for their fellow fans and the club in general while they continue to use words like that.

Surely we’re all adult enough to know what battles we can win or lose?

chucknorris

No it's not. Grown men went to the bother of getting a "we hate celtc fenian bastards" banner made to take abroad with them.

It's fucking nowhere near over the top.
One or two of them will have been responsible for getting the banner made. The others will be banned for standing for a picture next to their mates stupid banner nowhere near the stadium.

Warren Hill

We have a feelgood factor at present going into this week and the next.
I have the absolute fear its going to blown to bits by the announcement of a stadium closure for the Young Boys game.
Fuken sick of the parasites that are self harming Rangers, every supporter knows we have enemies all over the place ready to twist the knife at any opportunity.
We have had serious warnings so wisen up or fuk off.

Scrubs UK

Imagine paying for a banner and putting 'Celtic' on it for a start.

The negative publicity this banner caused the club is enough for me to be glad of a ban for those behind it.

Latest posts