The Club In Process of Banning Fans For “Offensive Banner”

I don't disagree with what was said on the banner in all honesty. But we all know not to say that naughty word so it was sheer ignorance to display it. If it had said Hun it would be fine though. Hypocrisy no?

Did anything happen to Legia when they set of flares at Ibrox and got the game stopped?

The club has to be seen to be doing this, for ourselves.
We will end up in serious trouble if it doesn't stop. Hopefully the penny will eventually drop.

Playing complete devils advocate here, they didn’t display it in the stadium, how can the club then ban them? It was displayed in a public space? For the record the banner is idiotic and those that produced it clearly cannot see where the club is trying to go.

Because next time there is a chance it could be in the ground and thankfully the club are stopping that from happening.

Was this 'unveiled' in Amsterdam Airport or somewhere in the UK? Probably even more stupid to unveil it in a building with cameras in full view of Police Scotland.

Out of interest was the banner confiscated or did it just vanish, not seen again?

Not going to lie, i didn't really see much wrong with the banner. Seen alot worse. The mhedia in this country have done their job again.
And therein lies the problem with a section of our support.

It’s a word that CAN’T be used, EVER, at least in the confines supporting the team home or away.

Too many in our support show a complete disregard for their fellow fans and the club in general while they continue to use words like that.

Surely we’re all adult enough to know what battles we can win or lose?

No it's not. Grown men went to the bother of getting a "we hate celtc 19th Century Terrorist bastards" banner made to take abroad with them.

It's fucking nowhere near over the top.

One or two of them will have been responsible for getting the banner made. The others will be banned for standing for a picture next to their mates stupid banner nowhere near the stadium.

We have a feelgood factor at present going into this week and the next.
I have the absolute fear its going to blown to bits by the announcement of a stadium closure for the Young Boys game.
Fuken sick of the parasites that are self harming Rangers, every supporter knows we have enemies all over the place ready to twist the knife at any opportunity.
We have had serious warnings so wisen up or fuk off.

Imagine paying for a banner and putting 'Celtic' on it for a start.

The negative publicity this banner caused the club is enough for me to be glad of a ban for those behind it.

And therein lies the problem with a section of our support.

It’s a word that CAN’T be used, EVER, at least in the confines supporting the team home or away.

Too many in our support show a complete disregard for their fellow fans and the club in general while they continue to use words like that.

Surely we’re all adult enough to know what battles we can win or lose?
It can be used by the scum apparently so your wrong in that Assumption.

Nothing wrong with it if it's not in the stadium. Surely the club can't ban them for posing outwith a match situation? The boys were actually on my bus from Rotterdam to Feyenoord and were brand new. The abuse is a bit harsh

I'm going to hazzard a guess that the guys with the flag are the same types of fans that are continuing to sing what they want, even though its damaging the club.

I'm sure they are decent enough guys and may be "brand new" but they need to realise that they type of banner is no longer acceptable when following Rangers.

It's that simple and it's the only thing the club can do to make people realise.

Tend to agree with him tbh, I might be wrong but the picture wasn’t at the game it was at the airport. Was it daft or course it was but let’s be honest here if it was put up in a bar in Amsterdam no one would have said anything about it.
You're totally missing the point ? Flags like that bring negative publicity to the club and the media don't have a problem tarring all our fans the same, whoever agreed to make it is just as stupid.

The club is trying to eradicate all this sectarian crap, so our supporters should be assisting the club, not helping our enemy's by waving flags with blatant sectarian content on it and making the clubs job even harder, people defending the wording on the flag have just as bad a mindset as those holding it up.

My club,your club, our club want this nonsense gone from our support, had that been flown within the stadium we would be possibly looking at a stadium closure and losing over £1m in gate reciepts due to the actions of a handful of idiots, thankfully it wan't.

On the pyro, I like it but it's illegal and once again brings negative publicity to the club, It also gets the club punished by UEFA by way of a large fine, money we can ill afford to pish down the drain because someone thinks being selfish knowing the club will get hammered for it and couldn't give a toss.

It seems to be an ongoing battle that we can't win among ourselves. My perception from afar was that we were improving behavior without giving away traditions, other than a few songs.
Attended the Porto game and experienced add-ons (minority, but audible), smoking in the seats and people crowding into areas where they didn't have tickets. It was minor to me personally, but all things that could negatively impact the club.
None of this behavior was challenged by me or anyone around me, so I'm not sure the answer. I certainly didn't get the impression a section or ground closure would change the behavior of those behaving in these situations.
The mhedia being against us will just elevate the issue to the public.

Great news and the correct decision. Some saying Rangers can’t ban them because it was outside the stadium. Well they are wrong Rangers are well within their rights to ban them.

Not going to lie, i didn't really see much wrong with the banner. Seen alot worse. The mhedia in this country have done their job again.

It has to be seen in the context of UEFA taking a zero tolerance approach to sectarianism and racism and the potential consequences for both the club and the very many supporters who might be affected by any action taken by UEFA.

So, in the current context, it was an incredibly stupid and moronic thing to do and the club has to demonstrate to UEFA that it is taking such things very seriously.

Or, to put it simply, wrong time and wrong place.

It can be used by the scum apparently so your wrong in that Assumption.
They are of that ilk and are free to describe themselves however they wish, in much the same way a person of colour can use the ‘n’ word to describe themselves but we can’t. It’s the exact same, and there is no assumption on my part, it’s a cold hard fact wether you like it or not.

I think it’s harsh if they are going to ban people for the pyro ,

This isn’t just Rangers but all over the country club will ban people for pyro and flares etc until the club win and then they use these images as promotion , either the clubs are completed against it or they can try and promote the safe use of pyro ( likely never happen I know )

There is no safe use of pyros in a crowded football stadium or indeed anywhere else when a large number of people are gathered together with no means of getting away from said pyro which burns, I believe, at 1600 centigrade and possibly contains phosphorus and other damaging chemicals which can cause severe burns and damage eyes.

It is only four weeks or so ago that Jermain Defoe visited a young girl injured by a flare at our game, ( was it away against Livi, I can't quite remember ) and who was subsequently welcomed at Ibrox !

It has to be seen in the context of UEFA taking a zero tolerance approach to sectarianism and racism and the potential consequences for both the club and the very many supporters who might be affected by any action taken by UEFA.

So, in the current context, it was an incredibly stupid and moronic thing to do and the club has to demonstrate to UEFA that it is taking such things very seriously.

Or, to put it simply, wrong time and wrong place.
This 100%
Doesn't matter how we see it, Uefa have their definition on sectarianism and thats all they need.

Back