The Club not defending itself is at crossroad.

I believe we have been at the crossroads and are now miles past it.

Hibs SCF was the cross road

Well said sir!

I said at the time of our recovery when King etc came in and the talk was all about ‘building bridges’ that personally I’d prefer us to ‘burn bridges’ with certain clubs and take a far more belligerent attitude to the SFA & SPL.

Now I’m of the opinion, especially having scanned other clubs’ fans’ forums over the last few years and haven’t found a lot of sympathy or even reasoning about our situation, that we should now be digging up the roads that lead to the bridges.

The board must surely act now.

WATP

The fans are also at a crossroads.
The board have done so much for supporters to be grateful for but they cant dine out on that forever.
The time has come for the board to stand up for the fans and the club they represent
Let this go and we should see fan protests.
We can not and must not continue going down this blind alley.
If the board wont defend the club and fans why should we offer the board any support.

The current board have done a good job on one front , but badly letting us down on this current situation with the unfair bias against the club.

Enough is enough they have to tell us why the stance of doing nothing is their only form of defence, the way it's going the supporters are going to turn on them and who could blame.Defend the Club the Supporters or move on we have all had enough.
I’m as sick as every other supporter about the way we are treated by the SFA,referees,the Scottish media etc but seriously please explain to me how the club go about changing how we are treated. As far as I can see we have not one friend at the SFA,we have the other 11 SPL clubs against us, the referees Association clearly anti Rangers, we have not one Scottish media outlet/journalist on our side and every other football fan in Scotland will have you believe we get more breaks than any other club yes that’s what they really do think. I would love to know what you think the club can do that will change the way we are being treated,do you think we have to take legal action or go to UEFA for help?

What specifically would you like to board to do?

In respect of the media, you can raise concerns about bias, but little else - its too hard to prove to a legal standard. On the rare occasion when a journalist has launched foundationless attacks, the club has acted strongly: The Herald printed an apology for a Spiers article and he was eventually sacked. They have ensured that Michael Stewart is off the airwaves. They have revolved the press credentials of the BBC's Chris McLaughlin.

With referees we need allies in the SPFL and SFA, but also the support of the media in focussing attention on their inexcusable decisions. Our approach to the media is probably why we continually face "trial by sportscene" and Celtic don't. Doubling down on the media has had the additional effect of reducing our influence with the authorities.

Although we must always remain thankful to the board for rescuing the club, that should not blind us to the fact that it does not seem very competent in many areas of the running of the club: public relations, influence in the game as a whole, merchandise agreement with sports direct, merchandise agreement with elite, the state of the pitch, match day catering, lack of influence with Glasgow city council, cultural alienation of the SNP (pretty much the only game in town whether you like it or not), and even the clubs TV channel is a dispiriting experience.

The club have been under attack from all quarters of the media for years and save the removal of one individual’s press pass the only “action” the board has taken is to issue statements. We should be withdrawing all cooperation with the BBC, The Sun and others who currently continue with their agenda day to day. Celtic take issue with one interview on Sky Sports and straight away withdraw cooperation.

It all reminds me of a joke by Robin Williams who compared the actions of U.S. and U.K. police when pursuing a suspect. In the U.S.they shout “stop or I’ll shoot”, in the U.K. they shout “stop or I’ll shout stop again”.

The board’s “action” so far amounts to “stop or we’ll issue another statement”.

Do the board have any comprehension of the strength of feeling amongst supporters about their failure to defend the club properly or take any action whatsoever against the perpetrators (the usual response of we’re in discussions doesn’t wash). @Greg Marshall

The blue pound is the only way forward, don't take tickets from other clubs. Rangers fans need to realise that it now as corrupt as it can get and if we don't stick together then they will just get worse next season will be a disaster, we will be docked points if we look like winning the league. Referees will get worse as they will not want the hassle that they will get from the media so it will be able to give any decision against us. The stats don't add up as regards how many times we are charged by the sfa and celtic are not (Tom Boyd comments ) etc.

Spot on. Unless we are on a level playing field we stop subsidising other clubs.
This is definitely one plan of action that would work, as soon as clubs are hit in the pocket , they will change their tune.
Can you imagine Sky and their unhappiness at the beginning of the new 5 year football contract , if Rangers first away game next season which will be live on tv, and the stadium is half empty, say Tannadice or Fir Park, they would soon sit up and listen.

I’m as sick as every other supporter about the way we are treated by the SFA,referees,the Scottish media etc but seriously please explain to me how the club go about changing how we are treated. As far as I can see we have not one friend at the SFA,we have the other 11 SPL clubs against us, the referees Association clearly anti Rangers, we have not one Scottish media outlet/journalist on our side and every other football fan in Scotland will have you believe we get more breaks than any other club yes that’s what they really do think. I would love to know what you think the club can do that will change the way we are being treated,do you think we have to take legal action or go to UEFA for help?

What can they do well doing nothing is not an option,do you think that mob would be silent regardless if they had friends in the media or not,bring the game into disrepute go to CAS release a statement explaining their non actions doing sweet fa is not on pure and simple .

Enough is enough they have to tell us why the stance of doing nothing is their only form of defence, the way it's going the supporters are going to turn on them and who could blame.Defend the Club the Supporters or move on we have all had enough.
You have no idea they are doing nothing. Just because nothing has been said yet doesn’t mean they are doing nothing. Maybe they don’t want to take the focus of the game tonight.

If they manage to walk into 10 in a row and a 5th treble in a row Ibrox will be like a ghost town.

Wether people want to hear that or not it’s not far from reality.

We cannot even question the cover up at parkhead yet the knives that were twisted from the very top positions in parliament that dragged us into a fight we were never winning with HMRC and having an owner who deliberately put us into administration.

CALL IT OUT!

The only way i can ever see it changing is if a fans group has a meaningful position or representation within the club structure

Reactions: dmg
Yes I like
You have no idea they are doing nothing. Just because nothing has been said yet doesn’t mean they are doing nothing. Maybe they don’t want to take the focus of the game tonight.
Yes I would like to believe that ,so when do we actually hear anything or see any results do we give them a time limit. Like it are not all the Bears I know are fizzing just now with the severe lack of non action call it what you may by the Club,as I said it's a crossroads most notably between the Club and Support.

It appears that the club might be of th3 view that as far as public criticism is concerned) that the VAR press release at the end of last year will suffice.

If they manage to walk into 10 in a row and a 5th treble in a row Ibrox will be like a ghost town.

Wether people want to hear that or not it’s not far from reality.

We cannot even question the cover up at parkhead yet the knives that were twisted from the very top positions in parliament that dragged us into a fight we were never winning with HMRC and having an owner who deliberately put us into administration.

CALL IT OUT!

The laurels that Robertson is resting on is a season ticket waiting list,

There are reasons why a lot of the people on the list aren’t season ticket holders at present.

In my opinion our MD doesn’t inspire confidence, plc board are rumoured to be happy with the job he’s doing, for me the unwillingness/ fear to go public re the cheating equates to negligence and we deserve better.

It's becoming a real issue for me I've got to admit.
Players in Green have carried out the same gestures, but our club is the constant whipping boy. Griffiths gestured to the crowd and threw a rolled-up piece of tape at a Killie supporter and the Septic bench all rose to challenge the OAP. No charges against them. The club must fight these charges and highlight the double standards being applied to us. I would take this to CAS and shaft all of Scottish football, as we have no friends here.

And if the board move on. What then? No club, would that suit you. Beginning to think theres people on here who would like to see that.

Maybe after their easy rants on here, they could maybe give us a list of potential, above board buyers who will help us on our way, not the ones who cheered craig whyte along Edmiston drive and were happy to indulge charles green.

Unless people come on and give us a viable list of contenders to takeover the club and secure its future, stop making noise just for the hell of it, with the same old posts that are just causing division.

What we are witnessing is the constant bombardment of persecution all because our club actually survived post 2012 and our bigoted cesspit of a country couldn't handle it so they will try every available angle to hammer us at every opportunity and deny us winning cups and trophies.

When King and co gained control of the club there was this strange yet weird comment of building bridges with the rest of Scottish Football.

Now I knew that quote would quickly come back and haunt us so why does our board not fight like they did back when they regained control ?

We have no power or influence and we will be battered slandered, and cheated for the foreseeable future unless significant action is made against the the SFA.

What specifically would you like to board to do?

In respect of the media, you can raise concerns about bias, but little else - its too hard to prove to a legal standard. On the rare occasion when a journalist has launched foundationless attacks, the club has acted strongly: The Herald printed an apology for a Spiers article and he was eventually sacked. They have ensured that Michael Stewart is off the airwaves. They have revolved the press credentials of the BBC's Chris McLaughlin.

With referees we need allies in the SPFL and SFA, but also the support of the media in focussing attention on their inexcusable decisions. Our approach to the media is probably why we continually face "trial by sportscene" and Celtic don't. Doubling down on the media has had the additional effect of reducing our influence with the authorities.

Although we must always remain thankful to the board for rescuing the club, that should not blind us to the fact that it does not seem very competent in many areas of the running of the club: public relations, influence in the game as a whole, merchandise agreement with sports direct, merchandise agreement with elite, the state of the pitch, match day catering, lack of influence with Glasgow city council, cultural alienation of the SNP (pretty much the only game in town whether you like it or not), and even the clubs TV channel is a dispiriting experience.
Crazy Horse this is exactly the points I have made when answering the op. Our position is very difficult when we are banging our head against a brick wall.

It's becoming a real issue for me I've got to admit.
I am the same. The effort i put in and have done for over 45 years to follow Rangers everywhere is not matched by our board.
I have got into arguments from fans of other clubs about things and now i am at the stage of "why should i"
Every rangers fan i speak to feels similar and i think the board are misjudging the situation and depth of feeling.

Rangers are a soft touch and weak. Rangers are perceived to be a soft touch and weak by other clubs, fans and footballing authorities in this country, add in the media as well. Inaction on many many issues has reinforced that view. It’s shared by many Rangers supporters.

The board have had 5 years next month to make change on those issues and haven’t made any progress whatsoever in that context.

And if the board move on. What then? No club, would that suit you. Beginning to think theres people on here who would like to see that.

Maybe after their easy rants on here, they could maybe give us a list of potential, above board buyers who will help us on our way, not the ones who cheered craig whyte along Edmiston drive and were happy to indulge charles green.

Unless people come on and give us a viable list of contenders to takeover the club and secure its future, stop making noise just for the hell of it, with the same old posts that are just causing division.
Well said mate. Luckily though FF is a very small part of the Rangers support and the majority of our support although fuming over the way we have been treated take a more balanced view on how the club are handling things.

The club should tell the corrupt SFA, you can phuck right off, you aint getting a penny from us, so what you going to do about it, ya bunch of fannies.

Well if you want the club to listen, then withhold season ticket money they will jump to the question then.

If not then we deal with the same response till the day is done

club does need to attack those who see us as game, its becoming more like normal to expect a slur or negative attempt

We don’t have much leverage at the minute as we are in a weak position within the SFA , however hitting clubs in the pocket by non attendance at away games will certainly make them sit up and take notice and engage.

Well said mate. Luckily though FF is a very small part of the Rangers support and the majority of our support although fuming over the way we have been treated take a more balanced view on how the club are handling things.
I find this the same. I've met plenty of bears and amongst my mates yes they have a gripe, but nothing comes near to what you get on here.

Agitators I fear.

Back