The club probably need to issue a list of banned songs

A two second search on the internet gave me this version. (I know it should be straits). No add ons....

Though The Streets Be Broad And Narrow Follow We Will
Follow We Will Follow We Will Though The Streets Be Broad
And Narrow Follow We Will We Will Follow In The Footsteps Of
Our Team God Bless Them
Follow Follow We Will Follow Rangers Everywhere Anywhere
We Will Follow On. Dundee Hamilton Aberdeen And Back Again
If They Go To Dublin We Will Follow On
For there's Not A Team Like The Glasgow Rangers
No Not One And There Never Shall Be One
Celtic Know All About There Troubles
We Will Fight Till The Day Is Done
No Not One And There Never Shall Be One.

Our club anthem,Follow Follow,we have to bat clever with this also....Dundee Hamilton.....

Unfortunately the club will probably stop playing it along with Simply the best. The stakes are too high now to take any gambles. If we do make it to the groups then the club should refuse our away allocations. It's one thing keeping a lid on supporters at Ibrox. An entirely different prospect controlling fans who gave been on the piss all day along with the gear in some other country

when opposing fans in domestic games are singing that we are Orange bast&rds and huns will you and the others calling for a list of banned songs go and demand action about this? Will you want arrests for this sectarian abuse aimed at you and report these opposing fans to the football authorities and want action against the club involved?

Will you go to a copper and report these opposing fans and take videos of the sectarian abuse we suffer as a support and then post it on social media and demand those in positions of power take action?

Or will you all just do nothing?

You are completely shifting the blame here. Its a point blank refusal to accept responsibility. Come on.

I've sung every song at Ibrox and away for decades.
In recent years it was clear that certain songs would see us in bother in today's political climate. I personally prefer to just hear Rangers songs and chants these days.
We have a wide array of songs that could and should be sung.
We have to (as a support) put more emphasis on singing for our players rather than the IRA, pope or even the UVF. Surely singing GLASGOW RANGERS, WE'LL SUPPORT YOU EVERMORE would be more effective in backing the team than 'The only tune that I could play was %^*& the Pope and the IRA' ?
Northern Ireland fans managed to do away with what would be considered as Sectarian singing around 15 years ago. Rather than have an adverse affect on the atmosphere, it is now one of the best in Europe.
This should be our blueprint.
Oh and when we have Ibrox rocking like Windsor park ,then the club and the support can go after the scum and their IRA songsheet .
Record every chant and highlight every IRA banner as anti-British racism.

The battle is not yet lost.

There can't be a banned list. All it would take is someone to come up with a new chant.

It's fairly simple and has been for years. Any derogatory chants about 19th Century Terrorists, Catholics and the pope are going to land us in bother.

The actual legalities of this is another argument but the above is fact. If anyone doesn't know this by now then there is no hope for them.

I just think the club need to be ruthless about monitor people anybody cought season ticket removed without compensation and a ban. If people know the consequences they'll be scared to sing those songs it will stop it. They should be public with it as well not naming the individuals but saying something like due to unacceptable behaviour last night 3 season ticket holders were removed from the ground and had there season tickets withdrawn. It will put the fear into people sad it's got to this stage but some won't listen. If you want to sing these songs do it in your supporters buses or in the pub ect

A list - Jesus Christ, are we that thick?
Until the club do introduce a list of what they class as banned songs, some supporters will attempt to justify certain chants that will continue to get us in bother.
Successive Rangers boards have been weak in challenging our enemies over their selective outcry over sectarianism in Scottish football.
The Billy boys chant should have been defended back in 2006 when it was first proscribed. It wasn't and we have been on the run ever since.

We now have to box clever the board have to be seen to be pro-active in highlighting exactly what IS and is NOT permitted to be changed at Ibrox or away.

Though The Straights Be Broad And Narrow, it's Follow We Will,
Follow We Will, Follow We Will,
Though The Straights Be Broad And Narrow, it's Follow We Will,
We Will Follow In The Footsteps Of Our Team
Follow, Follow, We Will Follow Rangers
Everywhere, Anywhere, We Will Follow On,
Follow, Follow, We Will Follow Rangers
If They Go To Dublin We Will Follow On
No Not One And There Never Shall Be One
Celtic Know All About There Troubles
We Will Fight Till The Day Is Done
No Not One And There Never Shall Be One.

I've edited the above. It's correct now and a brilliant Rangers song.

The Dundee Hamilton abomination that emerged in the 80's or so is a part of the problem. We all know why that's been shoehorned in.

Let's stick to the original where Follow, Follow line is simpky repeated.

It would genuinely breal my heart of idiots got my favourite of all Rangers songs banned as well. As it is almost the entire stadium now mumbles away where the song has bern ruined

The Dundee Hamilton abomination that emerged in the 80's or so is a part of the problem. We all know why that's been shoehorned in.

It would genuinely breal my heart of idiots got my favourite of all Rangers songs banned as well. As it is almost the entire stadium now mumbles away where the song has bern ruined

Hear hear brother .

My version has Europe not Dublin but either way the Dundee Hamilton “Aberdeen and back again” pish is not part of the song

The sad thing is, when the majority of the stadium are aligned to sing the likes of FF with the correct words, on nights such as Euro nights that attract some sort of moronic element to our support, these people just cannot help themselves. It is going to be a lengthy process to change mindsets and we don’t have the luxury of time.

noone despises PIRA and all of its tentacles more than me, ive sung all of the songs all over the world however its 2019, we as a Support need to grow up, we can sing what we want on buses, in Supporters Clubs etc but not at Ibrox, we have loads of great Rangers songs, dust them down instead of stuff about an organisation who were defeated by Britain before most of those singing were born.

On that subject, and I hate to use that lot as a means of comparison but here go’s.....

When they sing about the IRA everyone is quite rightly appalled - does anyone ever ask if they are singing about, and I’m borrowing quotes from Wikipedia here so please forgive me if I’m wrong, the “legitimate army of the Irish Republic in April 1921 who fought the Irish War of Independence or the later version which murdered children and blew up shopping centres etc.??

Now I’m guessing nobody does ask the question and we probably correctly presume they are singing about the latter or they don’t know the difference - my point is people don’t know which UVF is being sung about, and I include a large part of the numbskulls who are singing it in that, so why sing it?

I understand what it was in the past but as of 2019 it is now a proscribed terrorist organisation and it has never had nothing to do with Rangers FC. The authorities, sponsors and the general public won’t know any different.

We are being judged to a different standard and if we are to come through this we need to box clever. This is a chance to finally rid ourselves of all of this baggage. I’m not for one minute saying don’t sing it if that’s your bag, just don’t sing it at Ibrox.

^^^^^^^, This, this and THIS
You actually think that after 11 charges ranging from assaulting a PSG player to offensive banners and sectarian singing they will one day get a part of their stadium closed.

This is all about much more than just what we sing, it about who we are as a club and what we are seen to represent

You actually think that after 11 charges ranging from assaulting a PSG player to offensive banners and sectarian singing they will one day get a part of their stadium closed.

This is all about much more than just what we sing, it about who we are as a club and what we are seen to represent

That may well be the case . It changes nothing

I try not to think of them at all.

The sad thing is, when the majority of the stadium are aligned to sing the likes of FF with the correct words, on nights such as Euro nights that attract some sort of moronic element to our support, these people just cannot help themselves. It is going to be a lengthy process to change mindsets and we don’t have the luxury of time.
We certainly don't. The book will be thrown at us faster and harder than a Jofra Archer ball. However, we did manage to more or less get rid of TBB relatively recently, without anyone dying - it resurfaced little by little when people saw they were getting away with it. When fans see again that it cannot be sung with impunity, that it damages the club's prospects, that it may embarrass manager and players, maybe it will disappear again. Some have mentioned self-policing, which would be easy if it were only one or two people singing it. But for those tempted to belt it out, or who love it when half the stadium seems to be signing it, just remember - our enemies love it even more.

If Dave King has to go to the centre circle pre match with a microphone to provide clarity, then so be it.
I agree . We should stick a sheet of paper on every seat in the stadium before Thursdays game with the songs that UEFA deem unacceptable.
Seems like a simple but effective solution to me too..

Sing about rangers and rangers only. Leave the other stuff for the pubs and clubs that allow it.
We as a support have never sung about rangers and rangers only going back decades.its four or five songs that need dropped tbb,npor,50p,super rangers and ftp from the sash and follow follow.we never acknowledge that our song book has been massively cleaned up since I started going to games in the 70’s and 80’s.when was the last time you heard the rangers support sing about “no holy water in the cup” when we were playing in cup finals and baldy headed nuns squeezed into follow follow

I agree with you 100%.

I'm just worried what happens in the event FARE decide it is and report it to UEFA. Apparently there is no appeal and when UEFA can decide that singing 19th Century Terrorist is racist fűck knows where that would leave us if they pandering to FARE's whims.

Thats another fight tho

Fare have reported us for singing a song that's already been dealt with by Uefa

We stopped singing TBB for years - we need to again and stop the other ones that come under the same heading

It's that simple

It is, along with any add-ons in other songs that mention the word '19th Century Terrorist'.
It’s not only that. UEFA’s directive was very clear:
UEFA made it clear that the singing of the Billy Boys was prohibited. Songs and chants that referred to ‘%^*& the Pope’ and ‘19th Century Terrorists’ were also condemned.

The word is straits not straights
plural noun: straits
  1. 1.​
    a narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two other large areas of water.
    "the Straits of Gibraltar"

Unfortunately the club will probably stop playing it along with Simply the best. The stakes are too high now to take any gambles. If we do make it to the groups then the club should refuse our away allocations. It's one thing keeping a lid on supporters at Ibrox. An entirely different prospect controlling fans who gave been on the piss all day along with the gear in some other country
Refuse away tickets? Jeez oh man. You are exactly the type of supporter we don’t need ie one who doesn’t want us having any support

I’d bet a thousand pounds you’ve never been to an away game in your life

The impression I get, looking at the FARE website, is that they are a left wing organisation. Anyone can volunteer as an observer and they are guaranteed anonymity. We have a right to know who these people are and what is their agenda. Who was the observer at the game we are being punished for?
How can UEFA accept without question what FARE say?
Time for club 1872 to get answers in a court of law.

A list - Jesus Christ, are we that thick?
Some people just don’t know the difference of what has become acceptable and unacceptable in today’s politically correct world - even those groups that are usually offended by songs cannot distinguish the difference between acceptable and unacceptable songs, and are just offended by all songs sung by rangers supporters- so unfortunately apart from stating the obvious ftp, fienian and billy boys songs - we do need something in place from eufa, Rangers and the sfa to OFFICIALLY declare what has become unacceptable to sing in today’s politically correct world, and the reasoning behind banning it,

we need to watch and play the long game regarding this how long before they become officially offended by some the following?
Penny arcade
Derry’s walls
The sash
Simply the best ( no add ons)
Or even follow follow through having a reference to Dublin in the original version.

We definitely need to get our own house in order and to be more pro active and not reactive in what songs can and cannot be regarded as acceptable or unacceptable in today’s politically correct world.
once we have done this, then and only then do we go after others in the same way they are coming for us.

Refuse away tickets? Jeez oh man. You are exactly the type of supporter we don’t need ie one who doesn’t want us having any support

I’d bet a thousand pounds you’ve never been to an away game in your life

Yes I have. Whether you like it or not we are 1 strike away from playing behind closed doors then the next punishment is being kicked out the competition altogether and even barred. Are you confident given the scrutiny we will be under enabled by the scottish MSM and every mentally challenged with their ears to the TV that we would get through this without fucking it up? Make no bones about it this isn't hyperbole. We are now on their radar and these eventualities are a real possibility. You think Gerrard would hang about if his team were kicked out of Europe for 'racism' - under UEFAs definition? Not a fucking chance. The stakes are too high and we have to much to lose.

In Europe, there's one song and one word that's not allowed: TBB and the word '19th Century Terrorist'.

Domestically, there can't and won't be anything banned as it's an absolute minefield to implement strict liability by the authorities.

We need to box clever in Europe and be steadfast domestically as we've seen what happened before when we stopped singing whatever songs our enemies didn't like - they just moved the goalposts again and again.

19th Century Terrorist is the taboo word.

Take it out and we should be okay where UEFA are concerned.

I get the fear about moving goalposts, but right now the punishment is actually quite lenient. We’ll still have something like 47,000 at Ibrox on Thursday. It could have been so much worse.

Why the fvck would folk need a list of banned songs??? Its obvious what we have to refrain from. Folk need to grow up ffs

In Europe, there's one song and one word that's not allowed: TBB and the word '19th Century Terrorist'.

Domestically, there can't and won't be anything banned as it's an absolute minefield to implement strict liability by the authorities.

We need to box clever in Europe and be steadfast domestically as we've seen what happened before when we stopped singing whatever songs our enemies didn't like - they just moved the goalposts again and again.
Bang on.
As far as I see it, stop 3 words, Vatican, Pope and 19th Century Terrorist and we can sing our songs, replace the words with something else, not pedo ffs, surely this can be done, after all Simply the best add ons are gone mostly .
This has to happen for the good of the club.

Come on...you don't need told.
Let's say there was a banned songs list and Happy Birthday wasn't on it.

What do you think would.happen?

Happy Birthday to you.
Happy Birthday to you.
Happy Birthday, FTP
Happy Birthday to you.

We all know what is right and wrong. If you can't work it out. Don't open yer mouth and sing anything.

Back