The club you wish you had

Vince

A fantasy Rangers statement:

We once again condemn any chants of this nature They bring embarrassment to the club and it’s well behaved fans who are the majority. We fight against this small element but work has still to be done, and we will continue to fight to have unacceptable behaviour eliminated where we find it.

However our job in removing this behaviour becomes much harder due to the biased nature of the reporting of such events throughout the Scottish media. For example our managers, playing staff, and even former players have had stadiums reverberating with a very similar song targeting them about their religion in a negative context. This has been regular and recent. The media hear this just as we do - however on those occasions there has been no widespread media reporting or criticism of the offenders. This hypocrisy naturally makes it harder for us to remove a small but undesirable element who partake in similar behaviour amongst our own fan-base. If the Scottish media truly want to remove undesirable chants from our game they can’t then operate from a position of selective hearing - as has been witnessed over several years now.

A fantasy Rangers statement:

We once again condemn any chants of this nature They bring embarrassment to the club and it’s well behaved fans who are the majority. We fight against this small element but work has still to be done, and we will continue to fight to have unacceptable behaviour eliminated where we find it.

However our job in removing this behaviour becomes much harder due to the biased nature of the reporting of such events throughout the Scottish media. For example our managers, playing staff, and even former players have had stadiums reverberating with a very similar song targeting them about their religion in a negative context. This has been regular and recent. The media hear this just as we do - however on those occasions there has been no widespread media reporting or criticism of the offenders. This hypocrisy naturally makes it harder for us to remove a small but undesirable element who partake in similar behaviour amongst our own fan-base. If the Scottish media truly want to remove undesirable chants from our game they can’t then operate from a position of selective hearing - as has been witnessed over several years now.
Bloody excellent response.
Our PR is none existent, our MD timid and we take it on the chin time and time again. We need someone with backbone as MD to take the fight to the media and authorities.

Our PR is none existent, our MD timid and we take it on the chin time and time again. We need someone with backbone as MD to take the fight to the media and authorities.

Agreed it is hopeless, and laughably timid most of the time. They are so out of touch in terms of what we are dealing with.

My statement took me 5 mins, and I’m a clueless amateur with a limited vocabulary. However I understand the nature of this fight, the history of this hypocrisy, and the type of people attacking us. I understand we are in a propaganda war - as dramatic as that sounds we undoubtedly are.

We will always lose unless we attack their hypocrisy with clear examples. Call out the double-standards of those doing the selective attacking if we have to. We show examples of bias, we provide stats for disciplinary bias, etc. This is how we fight in this dirty war, but we remain clueless in terms of what we face, and how to respond.

The club have not responded properly for years now - and therefore have helped (in a way) create the environment we now operate in.

I actually think we need to go much further. As a club we should be naming and shaming.

‘Former Rangers player Kris Boyd was targeted directly by Celtc supporters singing an equally unacceptable and overtly sectarian song, based on his footballing and perceived religious allegiances.’

Again the complete incompetence of the people charged with running the club are nearly as big a threat to our wellbeing as the scumbag media they so badly fail to fight against.
Once again we have a statement so naive in it’s content as to allow our enemies even more mud to be thrown our way.
The OP has shown with a little bit of thought and an actual interest in the seriousness of this fight what can be done.

Heard about Torrance BC on radio Snyder on the way to work on Tuesday, tyre tracks spoiled their pitch, shame for the team.
On way home it was ‘ the hoops have stepped in to lend their expertise and save the day ‘.
They are ambulance chasing cants but their PR is way ahead of ours.
Something we need to remedy before we can begin to combat the bias in the media against us.
I hate the FB as much as anyone but we have to start being as cute as they are, start getting people into positions of power. It may take a generation but if we don’t do it, the PUL in this country is fecked!

That would be tremendous but as you’ve said, it’s ‘fantasy’.

We need a more aggressive PR stance. I think that’s something we all agree on. Someone in one of the many other threads, suggested that Club 1872 need a spokesperson, similar to @David Edgar in the RST day’s. As he described himself, and I’m paraphrasing here, but “a cocky little lady's front bottom, who’s eloquent and doesn’t give a %^*&”. It was words to that effect. Coming from the fans group, it would give distance when needed, and would allow the Club to weigh in when necessary. Something needs to change though as I’m sick of being painted as ‘scum’ just because it helps keep a dying print industry afloat.

I don’t care what they think about us privately, but I care very much when they sully our name for their own advantage and financial gain.

I'd go further and also say "Rangers, and other clubs, can only do so much in eradicating this behaviour as chants at football grounds are not where the root of the problem lies. For as long as our society chooses to separate 5 year old children into separate schools on the basis if religion, we will never remove the perception that religion makes people different from each other."

You did say it was fantasy!

I'd go further and also say "Rangers, and other clubs, can only do so much in eradicating this behaviour as chants at football grounds are not where the root of the problem lies. For as long as our society chooses to separate 5 year old children into separate schools on the basis if religion, we will never remove the perception that religion makes people different from each other."

You did say it was fantasy!
Would also add that being the largest support we are targeted for clicks and purchases. So stop clicking buying and voting ffs. Only one way out of this and voting for our demise isn’t it

Back