The Clubs silence on the Alfredo article

Jelle1880

All I can hope for is that they are coming out with a full blanket ban of The Sun, which I believe takes time to make sure it's legally above board or whatever.

I am now at the point of believing our board to be hugely naive and somewhat irresponsible when it comes to protecting interests of the club. The Clancy, Collum performances and in fact, generally shocking nature of officialdom against our cause was a gaping open goal which should have been massively exploited in support of our quest for 55.

They (the board/pr team) seem to be happy to allow the filth the latitude to wrest back any advantage/control of the moral and ethical high ground to such a degree that it borders on reckless abandonment of their responsibility to the club and its supporters.

Do they honestly believe that by constantly turning the other cheek they are best serving the clubs interests? Do they think that by ignoring the evermore gratuitous and personal attacks on our most valuable asset they are doing him or indeed the cause of the club any service. (The answer is of course a resounding no!)

The filth are proactively policing every element of their interest with a head spinning zeal and efficiency. So much so that with the help of a compliant media they somehow manage turn what was an horrendous refereeing performance against us, into a situation from which they emerge victims. (Ryan Christie’s deserved sanction)

Why is our club erring with the continued policy of bland, defeated silence? The battle lines have changed, it’s a different age, dominated by the immediacy if information and ones ability to get in the first blow and thereafter a welter of such blows. The policy of moralistic superiority through a silence bolstered by the maintaining of a stiff upper lip is at best risible and at worst neglect.

The club must act to create a fluid antidote to the twenty four seven three hundred and sixty five assault on itself, interests, assets and its supporters. Who, against all odds have been the foundation on which the club has been able to recover from the catastrophic damage rent upon it by the very same people the board seem to wish to placate by their cowardly silence!

Enough is enough!!
Well put!

Yosser

So Mr Traynor, what's your views on this and what action do you intend to take?
I'd be interested to see what Traynor actually does. If it's interaction with the media then surely it's his ball game and he should be telling all, especially c1872 and supporters what he's doing about it.

GF7

Tbf Stewart is a bit more high profile than Leckie. Outside of this country nobody knows who Leckie is, Stewart is worldwide and is followed by millions of folk who would maybe see a story involving Rangers.
Rangers couldn't possibly deal with every negative article or blog or rant against us.
I genuinely read this at first and thought you were referring to Michael Stewart; until I read the post you were quoting :))

Stan the Man

If the club does nothing then they must explain why we cannot allow pond life journalists to print anything they fancy about our club and our management and players,they should be getting taken to court on libel charges and the editor who ok'd the article s hould be ordered to print a full front page apology ASAP

standardbarger

It isn’t sitting right with me or many Rangers fans. The major fan media groups , heart n hand , 4lads etc have all called for the Scottish sun to be banned from ibrox.

The clubs duty is to protect our players , our fans and the club as a whole. Club 1872 sent out a very good statement yesterday. The club so far have failed in this capacity.

This silence is nowhere near good enough and gives any media outlet the go ahead to do the same.

Ban the Scottish Sun NOW
Its what ive come to expect from our club now to be honest it doesnt sit well with me also, so i suppose i dont defend our club the same as i used to, after all if our owners allow it to continue why should we bother.

standardbarger

They will be but that won't stop the pantywetters wanting immediate GIRFUY public statements.
I am sorry but you are wrong, the amount of abuse our club, fans and players have been subjected to is a disgrace and without a proper club response, i am no pantywetter who wants continual club statements i want the likes of this rhabid tabloid banned from our club and now, not 2 months from now not a statement saying we had a word with them, if anyone spoke about my family the way the press speak about our players i would not be sitting on my arse hoping they stop because believe me without action they wont.

BelfastRanger

The clubs response has been lacking to say the least. Not good enough and should be called out as so.

It's the fcuking Sun. An immoral shite rag. Where the fear within the club comes from to take these scum on I'll never know.

LOL 133

And this is how hate campaigns end up.

Another great example of the kind of bias a professional researcher could gather if Rangers bothered to employ one.

Im sick to my back teeth of this. Im sure thousands of others are too but it seems no one inside Ibrox cares about the affect this has on fans. It demoralising and Im leaving Scotland to get away from it.

the_joker8

Official Ticketer
Traynor shouldn’t be anywhere near this... he said the Gers fans probably deserved a good beating for the songs they sung in osasuna

this was in reference to the thug osasuna police beating the shit out of our fans before during and after the game

Ponientebear

The boards not perfect but they don’t deserve to be hammered on every subject. Would you prefer the spivs back?
Who’s hammering them on every subject, these attacks are constant now and the reason for that is we have people who can’t seem to understand the meaning of defending the club’s good name, the players good name and the supports good name but just like Murray anyone saying bad things about them or their relatives and no time is wasted defending that.
All this garbage about give them time, what’s would be the point in banning these people is yet another smokescreen that fools nobody.
When are Robertson and his cohorts going to get off their knees and actually start defending RFC, that’s the question everyone who doesn’t agree and follow like sheep the sheer neglect this board always seem to be guilty of in these situations.
No more statements just action.

Earl of Leven

Official Ticketer
Only acceptable outcome will be that behind the scenes his press credentials have been withdrawn and on a personal level he is banned from Ibrox. Silence AND no action will not be acceptable.

Ponientebear

So Mr Traynor, what's your views on this and what action do you intend to take?
I'd be interested to see what Traynor actually does. If it's interaction with the media then surely it's his ball game and he should be telling all, especially c1872 and supporters what he's doing about it.
Again your under the impression Traynor actually has the authority to do something, he hasn’t, not unless Robertson tells him to get involved.
Robertson is the problem here.

Gogso

Only reason I’d have for not doing so would be if I wanted the extra humiliation of Waiting until they turned up at a press conference/ match and cutting up their credentials in public. Don’t really see Rangers being as spiteful as me though
And capturing it all on RTV for broadcast.

Virgil Hilts

Only acceptable outcome will be that behind the scenes his press credentials have been withdrawn and on a personal level he is banned from Ibrox. Silence AND no action will not be acceptable.
His paper’s credentials / access to Ibrox & HTC should’ve been cancelled 24 hours ago.

Rangers execs’ stance on cheating match officials / hateful media outlets is a disgrace.

Cooperfan

Hardly a surprise. The next time the club release a statement we should just all laugh at it. It's worth less than toilet paper. Think of any statement of the past few years. We were apparently going to ensure punishment for Hibs after the SCF. We also got cheated by a ref (Colum), made a statement and backed down. There are others. None of them worth a damn.

Our statements are a joke. I had hoped the one we released backing Alfie would have been backed up, more fool me as I'll likely fall for it again.

GF1872

Who’s hammering them on every subject, these attacks are constant now and the reason for that is we have people who can’t seem to understand the meaning of defending the club’s good name, the players good name and the supports good name but just like Murray anyone saying bad things about them or their relatives and no time is wasted defending that.
All this garbage about give them time, what’s would be the point in banning these people is yet another smokescreen that fools nobody.
When are Robertson and his cohorts going to get off their knees and actually start defending RFC, that’s the question everyone who doesn’t agree and follow like sheep the sheer neglect this board always seem to be guilty of in these situations.
No more statements just action.
The poster I was replying to. The was on slating them about the expansion feasibility yesterday. Takes every opportunity to have a dig and I don’t think it’s warranted.

AdiGaz

It isn’t sitting right with me or many Rangers fans. The major fan media groups , heart n hand , 4lads etc have all called for the Scottish sun to be banned from ibrox.

The clubs duty is to protect our players , our fans and the club as a whole. Club 1872 sent out a very good statement yesterday. The club so far have failed in this capacity.

This silence is nowhere near good enough and gives any media outlet the go ahead to do the same.

Ban the Scottish Sun NOW
I dont look at the tabloids anymore. What have the published now? Im guessing another piss poor report

Steve Snedden

The Board, for all their many gifts, consists of mainly middle-aged, Chartered Accountants who are also most likely Masons. Caution is in their collective DNA. They are financial experts but their strategy is basically if they don't have the skills-set then to insource it from a trusted authority. Unfortunately most of these PR companies (including Level 5) will have a copy and paste / one size fits all approach to even the most "bespoke" strategy.

It's further complicated by the BBC issue. Revoking Gollum's press-privileges was the correct decision but it has backfired. We now have a national broadcaster with a clear, unrepentant, agenda against Rangers with very little come-back.

I genuinely believe that the club, L5 and C1872 think that they are making inroads and I think they'd point to some of the recent puff pieces we've scene in recent months as evidence.

However, whilst I acknowledge that leadership is much more than looking tough, we still seem somewhat passive on most of these media attacks.

I don't like using C1872 as a mouthpiece for the club and I don't see the merits of the club being one step removed from these missives. The freedom to speak freely is diminished by the lack of authority that is missing when it's not from the club directly.

The truth is we as Rangers, lost so much power and influence during Murray's tenure. Since 2012 we've had to claw our way back and we certainly don't hold that many cards.

Having said that, Devlin at the Sun has always been King's go-to guy but I see nothing wrong with banning individual journalists. I'd be surprised if The Sun responded a la BBC Scotland.

Rangerista

"Its not a personal attack on the player", unbelievable from Roger Hannah on RC there, absolutely sticking up for Leckie's twisted agenda. Well done to that Bear for a asking clearly and calmly, but he never got the chance to come back at them due to the news coming up. But you can bet that they'll not come back to it after it.

cammy1872

Our PR has been the same as far as I can remember back in 90s Dignified Silence. Would Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea or any big club deal with this in dignified silence not a chance press privileges would of been removed. Support Alfie F,uck the Sun

Alex Venters

The Board, for all their many gifts, consists of mainly middle-aged, Chartered Accountants who are also most likely Masons. Caution is in their collective DNA. They are financial experts but their strategy is basically if they don't have the skills-set then to insource it from a trusted authority. Unfortunately most of these PR companies (including Level 5) will have a copy and paste / one size fits all approach to even the most "bespoke" strategy.

It's further complicated by the BBC issue. Revoking Gollum's press-privileges was the correct decision but it has backfired. We now have a national broadcaster with a clear, unrepentant, agenda against Rangers with very little come-back.

I genuinely believe that the club, L5 and C1872 think that they are making inroads and I think they'd point to some of the recent puff pieces we've scene in recent months as evidence.

However, whilst I acknowledge that leadership is much more than looking tough, we still seem somewhat passive on most of these media attacks.

I don't like using C1872 as a mouthpiece for the club and I don't see the merits of the club being one step removed from these missives. The freedom to speak freely is diminished by the lack of authority that is missing when it's not from the club directly.

The truth is we as Rangers, lost so much power and influence during Murray's tenure. Since 2012 we've had to claw our way back and we certainly don't hold that many cards.

Having said that, Devlin at the Sun has always been King's go-to guy but I see nothing wrong with banning individual journalists. I'd be surprised if The Sun responded a la BBC Scotland.
We need to tell The Sun that they are no longer welcome, Devlin or no Devlin, anyway he's hardly Hugh McIfuckinvanney.