The Clubs silence on the Alfredo article

Maybe Stewart Robertson should hire somebody with the balls for a fight, dignified silence appears to suit him.

And his comments after the tims match were worse than fućking useless

His failure to mediately retaliate speaks volumes.

Are we always going to be on the Blackfoot whilst Robertson is at Rangers, we’re fućking better than that.

ps I’d assumes thar The Sun will have referred Leckie’s story to a lawyer with s background in libel if the editors had any concerns re litigation

The lack of response from the club is a disgrace. However, not a surprise - it does need to be highlighted to them that this isn't acceptable.

This idea that they might be working behind the scenes is not on at this stage either. They are too quiet, too often or subjects where they really shouldn't.

The fact that an utter wankstain has used a position of privelege to spout an unacceptable, bordering on the racist, attack, through an opinion piece, on a Rangers player is undeniable. How we counter that is most definitely up for debate and if I had the answers to how to succesfully challenge media injustice, I'd be in a different job. I don't and I'm not so I'm not in a position to answer "what sort of mediation you think is going to make things better?".

What I am reasonably certain of, is that if we ban every football hack, wankstain or otherwise, and their employer for comment we don't like, we won't achieve the parity we demand.

I'm okay with reasonable/fair criticism written in a professional manner but all-out hate pieces like Leckie's (which would've been signed off by his bosses) justify a ban. Whether that's on him specifically or the wider organisation, that would be up to Rangers.

Hopefully we hear something soon.

Independant organisations? You mean fan accounts sending tweets out? Not quite the same as the club speaking to management and the player before responding.
Don't understand what point you're trying to make. Not sure if you are agreeing or disagreeing with what I have said to be honest.

I hate comparing us to them but look at the reaction when Aberdeen's new chairman criticised Ajer. And he was telling the truth!

Sadly when I read about the article and the calls for The Sun to be banned I said to myself nothing will happen. And that's how it looks I'm afraid. Some things never change and that's why they continue to shite all over us and suck Timmy's boaby.

It's not a good look and makes the club look like they don't really give a shit what they say about him. That article was rank, if that doesn't force the club to react nothing will.

Grow a set and ban the scum.

Any negativity about our club from whoever should be challenged. If this continues, ban them. It's that simple. Nonce F.C dont mess about. We should do likewise every single time.

Sadly when I read about the article and the calls for The Sun to be banned I said to myself nothing will happen. And that's how it looks I'm afraid. Some things never change and that's why they continue to shite all over us and suck Timmy's boaby.

If fans had sung a questionable song the club would’ve responded instantly.

That article was vile, Robertson unwillingness to sanction an immediate, public response speaks volumes (IMO)

Ban all of the media until they all learn to respect the institution that is The Rangers Football Club. Press releases through the website so there can be no twisting of facts.
I am sure the boss would love the Sun to be banned.

If fans had sung a questionable song the club would’ve responded instantly.

That article was vile, Robertson unwillingness to sanction an immediate, public response speaks volumes (IMO)

We're always on the back foot mate and this is a time when the club should be standing up and defending one of its players who, let's face it, has been savaged in that rag. The silence is deeply disturbing and indicates nothing has changed in respect of Rangers and the press.

We're always on the back foot mate and this is a time when the club should be standing up and defending one of its players who, let's face it, has been savaged in that rag. The silence is deeply disturbing and indicates nothing has changed in respect of Rangers and the press.

I find Robertson’s inaction re Leckie, Collum, Clancy et al disgusting.

He appears to be c tent to let Rangers be gutter journos / corrupt match officials’ bitch.

We really deserve better.

I know that Robertson was rumoured to have been Boyle’s right hand man (not only @ MFC), would’ve hoped for somebody not associated with that cuńt.

Obviously not and never claimed to, hence 'from what I've seen' across social media, H&H, on here & talking with mates. Put another way, I've not seen anyone opposed to a ban (until now perhaps).

Not sure what sort of mediation you think is going to make things better?
The peace written by Club 1872, comes out with, if you don’t buy, or click it hurts the media more, the Support have the, “POWER” ISO’s so true. We are factional and don’t use the, “Power” as said repeatedly by a certain person employed by DK, bring the media down.

The Sun - if they had any doubts re how far Leckie could push it - would’ve sought legal advice before going to print
Think your right .The big problem with the entire thing is it is his opinon and that is exactly what the current bun will say.the club would properly have to go after the individual .

Think your right .The big problem with the entire thing is it is his opinon and that is exactly what the current bun will say.the club would properly have to go after the individual .

They give him the platform to spout his opinion.
They gave the okay to print his opinion.
They are just as much to blame in all this as Leckie is.

They should be banned.

All I can hope for is that they are coming out with a full blanket ban of The Sun, which I believe takes time to make sure it's legally above board or whatever.

I am now at the point of believing our board to be hugely naive and somewhat irresponsible when it comes to protecting interests of the club. The Clancy, Collum performances and in fact, generally shocking nature of officialdom against our cause was a gaping open goal which should have been massively exploited in support of our quest for 55.

They (the board/pr team) seem to be happy to allow the filth the latitude to wrest back any advantage/control of the moral and ethical high ground to such a degree that it borders on reckless abandonment of their responsibility to the club and its supporters.

Do they honestly believe that by constantly turning the other cheek they are best serving the clubs interests? Do they think that by ignoring the evermore gratuitous and personal attacks on our most valuable asset they are doing him or indeed the cause of the club any service. (The answer is of course a resounding no!)

The filth are proactively policing every element of their interest with a head spinning zeal and efficiency. So much so that with the help of a compliant media they somehow manage turn what was an horrendous refereeing performance against us, into a situation from which they emerge victims. (Ryan Christie’s deserved sanction)

Why is our club erring with the continued policy of bland, defeated silence? The battle lines have changed, it’s a different age, dominated by the immediacy if information and ones ability to get in the first blow and thereafter a welter of such blows. The policy of moralistic superiority through a silence bolstered by the maintaining of a stiff upper lip is at best risible and at worst neglect.

The club must act to create a fluid antidote to the twenty four seven three hundred and sixty five assault on itself, interests, assets and its supporters. Who, against all odds have been the foundation on which the club has been able to recover from the catastrophic damage rent upon it by the very same people the board seem to wish to placate by their cowardly silence!

Enough is enough!!

Well put!

So Mr Traynor, what's your views on this and what action do you intend to take?
I'd be interested to see what Traynor actually does. If it's interaction with the media then surely it's his ball game and he should be telling all, especially c1872 and supporters what he's doing about it.

Tbf Stewart is a bit more high profile than Leckie. Outside of this country nobody knows who Leckie is, Stewart is worldwide and is followed by millions of folk who would maybe see a story involving Rangers.
Rangers couldn't possibly deal with every negative article or blog or rant against us.
I genuinely read this at first and thought you were referring to Michael Stewart; until I read the post you were quoting :))

If the club does nothing then they must explain why we cannot allow pond life journalists to print anything they fancy about our club and our management and players,they should be getting taken to court on libel charges and the editor who ok'd the article s hould be ordered to print a full front page apology ASAP

It isn’t sitting right with me or many Rangers fans. The major fan media groups , heart n hand , 4lads etc have all called for the Scottish sun to be banned from Ibrox.

The clubs duty is to protect our players , our fans and the club as a whole. Club 1872 sent out a very good statement yesterday. The club so far have failed in this capacity.

This silence is nowhere near good enough and gives any media outlet the go ahead to do the same.

Ban the Scottish Sun NOW
Its what ive come to expect from our club now to be honest it doesnt sit well with me also, so i suppose i dont defend our club the same as i used to, after all if our owners allow it to continue why should we bother.

They will be but that won't stop the pantywetters wanting immediate GIRFUY public statements.
I am sorry but you are wrong, the amount of abuse our club, fans and players have been subjected to is a disgrace and without a proper club response, i am no pantywetter who wants continual club statements i want the likes of this rhabid tabloid banned from our club and now, not 2 months from now not a statement saying we had a word with them, if anyone spoke about my family the way the press speak about our players i would not be sitting on my arse hoping they stop because believe me without action they wont.

The clubs response has been lacking to say the least. Not good enough and should be called out as so.

It's the fcuking Sun. An immoral shite rag. Where the fear within the club comes from to take these scum on I'll never know.

And this is how hate campaigns end up.

Another great example of the kind of bias a professional researcher could gather if Rangers bothered to employ one.

Im sick to my back teeth of this. Im sure thousands of others are too but it seems no one inside Ibrox cares about the affect this has on fans. It demoralising and Im leaving Scotland to get away from it.

Traynor shouldn’t be anywhere near this... he said the Gers fans probably deserved a good beating for the songs they sung in osasuna

this was in reference to the thug osasuna police beating the shit out of our fans before during and after the game

The boards not perfect but they don’t deserve to be hammered on every subject. Would you prefer the spivs back?
Who’s hammering them on every subject, these attacks are constant now and the reason for that is we have people who can’t seem to understand the meaning of defending the club’s good name, the players good name and the supports good name but just like Murray anyone saying bad things about them or their relatives and no time is wasted defending that.
All this garbage about give them time, what’s would be the point in banning these people is yet another smokescreen that fools nobody.
When are Robertson and his cohorts going to get off their knees and actually start defending RFC, that’s the question everyone who doesn’t agree and follow like sheep the sheer neglect this board always seem to be guilty of in these situations.
No more statements just action.

Only acceptable outcome will be that behind the scenes his press credentials have been withdrawn and on a personal level he is banned from Ibrox. Silence AND no action will not be acceptable.

So Mr Traynor, what's your views on this and what action do you intend to take?
I'd be interested to see what Traynor actually does. If it's interaction with the media then surely it's his ball game and he should be telling all, especially c1872 and supporters what he's doing about it.
Again your under the impression Traynor actually has the authority to do something, he hasn’t, not unless Robertson tells him to get involved.
Robertson is the problem here.

Only reason I’d have for not doing so would be if I wanted the extra humiliation of Waiting until they turned up at a press conference/ match and cutting up their credentials in public. Don’t really see Rangers being as spiteful as me though
And capturing it all on RTV for broadcast.

Only acceptable outcome will be that behind the scenes his press credentials have been withdrawn and on a personal level he is banned from Ibrox. Silence AND no action will not be acceptable.

His paper’s credentials / access to Ibrox & HTC should’ve been cancelled 24 hours ago.

Rangers execs’ stance on cheating match officials / hateful media outlets is a disgrace.

Hardly a surprise. The next time the club release a statement we should just all laugh at it. It's worth less than toilet paper. Think of any statement of the past few years. We were apparently going to ensure punishment for Hibs after the SCF. We also got cheated by a ref (Colum), made a statement and backed down. There are others. None of them worth a damn.

Our statements are a joke. I had hoped the one we released backing Alfie would have been backed up, more fool me as I'll likely fall for it again.

Latest posts

Back