The Clubs silence on the Alfredo article

Who’s hammering them on every subject, these attacks are constant now and the reason for that is we have people who can’t seem to understand the meaning of defending the club’s good name, the players good name and the supports good name but just like Murray anyone saying bad things about them or their relatives and no time is wasted defending that.
All this garbage about give them time, what’s would be the point in banning these people is yet another smokescreen that fools nobody.
When are Robertson and his cohorts going to get off their knees and actually start defending RFC, that’s the question everyone who doesn’t agree and follow like sheep the sheer neglect this board always seem to be guilty of in these situations.
No more statements just action.

The poster I was replying to. The was on slating them about the expansion feasibility yesterday. Takes every opportunity to have a dig and I don’t think it’s warranted.

It isn’t sitting right with me or many Rangers fans. The major fan media groups , heart n hand , 4lads etc have all called for the Scottish sun to be banned from Ibrox.

The clubs duty is to protect our players , our fans and the club as a whole. Club 1872 sent out a very good statement yesterday. The club so far have failed in this capacity.

This silence is nowhere near good enough and gives any media outlet the go ahead to do the same.

Ban the Scottish Sun NOW
I dont look at the tabloids anymore. What have the published now? Im guessing another piss poor report

The Board, for all their many gifts, consists of mainly middle-aged, Chartered Accountants who are also most likely Masons. Caution is in their collective DNA. They are financial experts but their strategy is basically if they don't have the skills-set then to insource it from a trusted authority. Unfortunately most of these PR companies (including Level 5) will have a copy and paste / one size fits all approach to even the most "bespoke" strategy.

It's further complicated by the BBC issue. Revoking Gollum's press-privileges was the correct decision but it has backfired. We now have a national broadcaster with a clear, unrepentant, agenda against Rangers with very little come-back.

I genuinely believe that the club, L5 and C1872 think that they are making inroads and I think they'd point to some of the recent puff pieces we've scene in recent months as evidence.

However, whilst I acknowledge that leadership is much more than looking tough, we still seem somewhat passive on most of these media attacks.

I don't like using C1872 as a mouthpiece for the club and I don't see the merits of the club being one step removed from these missives. The freedom to speak freely is diminished by the lack of authority that is missing when it's not from the club directly.

The truth is we as Rangers, lost so much power and influence during Murray's tenure. Since 2012 we've had to claw our way back and we certainly don't hold that many cards.

Having said that, Devlin at the Sun has always been King's go-to guy but I see nothing wrong with banning individual journalists. I'd be surprised if The Sun responded a la BBC Scotland.

"Its not a personal attack on the player", unbelievable from Roger Hannah on RC there, absolutely sticking up for Leckie's twisted agenda. Well done to that Bear for a asking clearly and calmly, but he never got the chance to come back at them due to the news coming up. But you can bet that they'll not come back to it after it.

Our PR has been the same as far as I can remember back in 90s Dignified Silence. Would Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea or any big club deal with this in dignified silence not a chance press privileges would of been removed. Support Alfie F,uck the Sun

The Board, for all their many gifts, consists of mainly middle-aged, Chartered Accountants who are also most likely Masons. Caution is in their collective DNA. They are financial experts but their strategy is basically if they don't have the skills-set then to insource it from a trusted authority. Unfortunately most of these PR companies (including Level 5) will have a copy and paste / one size fits all approach to even the most "bespoke" strategy.

It's further complicated by the BBC issue. Revoking Gollum's press-privileges was the correct decision but it has backfired. We now have a national broadcaster with a clear, unrepentant, agenda against Rangers with very little come-back.

I genuinely believe that the club, L5 and C1872 think that they are making inroads and I think they'd point to some of the recent puff pieces we've scene in recent months as evidence.

However, whilst I acknowledge that leadership is much more than looking tough, we still seem somewhat passive on most of these media attacks.

I don't like using C1872 as a mouthpiece for the club and I don't see the merits of the club being one step removed from these missives. The freedom to speak freely is diminished by the lack of authority that is missing when it's not from the club directly.

The truth is we as Rangers, lost so much power and influence during Murray's tenure. Since 2012 we've had to claw our way back and we certainly don't hold that many cards.

Having said that, Devlin at the Sun has always been King's go-to guy but I see nothing wrong with banning individual journalists. I'd be surprised if The Sun responded a la BBC Scotland.
We need to tell The Sun that they are no longer welcome, Devlin or no Devlin, anyway he's hardly Hugh McIfuckinvanney.

The world has went totally crazy.”Sticks and Stones” and all that.
Bring back the 60’s.Back then it was 19th Century Terrorist bastard and Orange bastard.
Then we would meet up at pub with said bastards.
So much simpler back then.

I am a fan of the board. Most of us are extremely grateful to the board from saving us from oblivion, but that does not mean they are above criticism. They have to act on this swiftly. If they say nothing then the whole corrupt mhedia in this country will then automatically get the green (appropriate eh?) light to say whatever they want about our club, players and fans without fear of retribution

Another point on the poisonous propaganda piece by Lonely Hearts Leckie. What would Alfredo Morelos think if he read that? Could you really blame the wee guy looking to piss off elsewhere? Racist and sectarian (he's a Catholic remember) abuse while he on the pitch and racist and sectarian abuse when he is going about his private business on his own time. The article was a bawhair away from questioning his parentage and commenting on his colour. El Buffalo is the most exciting thing to happen in Natzi Scotland in years. He doesn't play for the filth so it's all gun blazing trying to force the wee guy out of country

Get the f**king finger out Rangers and ban these parasites

Last edited:
Perhaps the board are initially contacting the Sun behind the scenes to get a printed apology or some other resolution before going nuclear.

Have to say though that if we don't get a satisfactory resolution the sun need to be banned from Ibrox. Should find out in the next couple of days how this plays out.

I really do hope you are right here mate. They need called out, made to apologise, banned and then shamed to show the whole country what a bigoted, xenophobic and borderline racist rag The Scum really is

I really do hope you are right here mate. They need called out, made to apologise, banned and then shamed to show the whole country what a bigoted, xenophobic and borderline racist rag The Scum really is

Having seen the replies to complaints by the Sun and having heard Hannah on RC it's clear they are standing behind Leckie.

If that's journalism they are happy to defend there is only one answer and that's for us to ban the Sun completely

Having seen the replies to complaints but the Sun and having heard Hannah on RC it's clear they are standing behind Leckie.

If that's journalism they are happy to defend there is only one answer and that's for us to ban the Sun completely

Couldn't agree more bud

Opinion pieces are fine, people are entitled to their opinion even if it is bollocks

Abusing & name calling is not

I was raging yesterday, blogged out a response from 4lads at 7.30am I was that angry

Sun HAS to be banned - that has been posted & message relayed

A line was crossed
Have you heard if the club intends to take any action on the back of this?

Pigs will fly first.
If I'm wrong, I'll be the first to eat humble pie.

I'm a big fan of the board, but the PR side of things is bordering on shambolic.

The responsibility for this lies with the MD, if he’s incapable of addressing 5his himself he needs to hire a significant embody who can publicly defend Rangers.

Or he could just sit it our and hope that it gets forgotten about.

The lack of a real response from the club saddens me greatly, if we are not prepared to defend our players while they are under attack from scum we are fucked completley while the club stands by fully aware of what's going on, when do we reach the final straw, where is the line in the sand, come on to %^*& Rangers let's be having you. FFS.

The board have got many things right. BUT in terms of standing up for our fans (who stuck with Rangers through the years of utter hell) and players they are weak and disinterested. They only raise their head if one of their own is involved.
No ifs, buts or maybes - the Sun must be banned if only to send the message that we won’t be disrespected like that anymore.

Release a statement rightly calling on the filth to do something about Alfie being racially abused.

Then do fùck all when we have an open goal to act on that racism ourselves?

It's little wonder the filth act like they do and their rancid club backs them.
They know there's as much chance of me scoring a hat trick against them as there is of Rangers doing anything other than release a statement.

Next time a nutcase who doesn’t stupidly post his intentions on social media might just carry out an attack on one of our players.
The club have a duty to defend it’s employees against idiots like Leckie who are stirring up trouble with their articles of hate.

This is a big issue for me. The press and media are creating an environment where physical attacks on our players and fans are on the increase. Someone is going to get seriously injured. When it happens the press will no doubt escape criticism.

We should all be e-mailing the club to let them know our feelings on this and demanding action be taken against the sun

Ive already sent a letter and had a meeting with Rangers about this and other issues. That was about 20 years ago.

The board have got many things right. BUT in terms of standing up for our fans (who stuck with Rangers through the years of utter hell) and players they are weak and disinterested. They only raise their head if one of their own is involved.
No ifs, buts or maybes - the Sun must be banned if only to send the message that we won’t be disrespected like that anymore.

It’s the MD’s fault.

He effectively gave Clancy a pass in his statement after the Paeds game.

For years we’ve wanted for years the club have been found wanting. Players attacked on several occasions, fans not far off being seriously hurt at Killie, now this. Dignified silence but. That’s what happens when a board employ a guy in charge of communications who had no communications background. No joke.

I'm disgusted by the clubs refusal to defend Buff against these vile and personal attacks from the scum. If he decides to leave Scotland the board will have to carry its share of the blame.

It's like trying to get blood from a stone getting this board to publicly take on our enemies.

Not good enough.

Weak. Cowardly. Pathetic.

if they have not got something out by start of next week....well I would question it

This is a big issue for me. The press and media are creating an environment where physical attacks on our players and fans are on the increase. Someone is going to get seriously injured. When it happens the press will no doubt escape criticism.

This is the very reason that I no longer wear any colours to the game.

I'm disgusted by the clubs refusal to defend Buff against these vile and personal attacks from the scum. If he decides to leave Scotland the board will have to carry its share of the blame.

It's like trying to get blood from a stone getting this board to publicly take on our enemies.

Not good enough.

Weak. Cowardly. Pathetic.

Totally agree, it's actually got to the point where he may need bodyguards for his own safety.

An honourable, charitable young man in a different country, who has done not a single thing wrong.

The boards decision to allow/accept the witch hunt to take place has played its part (by not trying to end it) in death threats coming his way.

The board need to act now.

No more behind the scenes diplomacy and silence

This has gone way OTT with the abuse of Alfie and others

Ban Leckie, Tim Irish, Sutton, Bawbag Stewart and the Sun now

We don't need them.

They need us and I don't get why the Board don't just realise this is a dirty war being waged on the club, players, manager and supporters

Time we became more militant and bite back at these bastards

Stewart Robertson and a lack of Balls seem to be the issue.

He will have written a strongly worded email and went back to his calculator.

I am actually a big fan of his, just not for the role he is doing, he isn't strong or forceful enough.

Totally agree, it's actually got to the point where he may need bodyguards for his own safety.

An honourable, charitable young man in a different country, who has done not a single thing wrong.

The boards decision to allow/accept the witch hunt to take place has played its part (by not trying to end it) in death threats coming his way.
I couldn't be anymore furious and disgusted by the clubs reaction to this. Disgustingly and cowardly. Not Rangers at all.

Fcuk BBC Scotland fcuk the scum Sun. That board needs some no surrender attitude on it.

This is the very reason that I no longer wear any colours to the game.

You're not alone. Its not just physical attacks that concern some, its the stigma attached to supporting a 'sectarian and racist' club.

The blame for this lies with those that demonise us and those in positions of authority who fail to defend us.

Was it not some American president that said'speak softly, but carry a big stick'.Wise words and which the club should take note of.Dignified silence is so out of date and don't the MSM know how to abuse it.

Back