The Clubs silence on the Alfredo article

I’m absolutely scunnered to say the least that , sadly as many expected , our clubs response so far has been to do nothing . Unless something happens tomorrow I’d imagine this is just going to be left at the club1872 statement , which would be an appalling decision .

I live in hope but the clock is ticking .

I’m absolutely scunnered to say the least that , sadly as many expected , our clubs response so far has been to do nothing . Unless something happens tomorrow I’d imagine this is just going to be left at the club1872 statement , which would be an appalling decision .

It’s Stewart Robertson’s call and it’s fućking shameful.

To be honest mate I really don,t think the club have much interest in what the fans think.come season ticket time they properly do.

It's shameful how they're allowing a player to be publicly bullied.

Yes, I'm sure they were consulted over the Club 1872 statement but it's simply not enough. Stand up for your player!

The sad thing is that even neutrals and fans of other Scottish clubs have highlighted how bad it was and we’ve said nothing.

The last hope is that the gaffer deals with it directly tomorrow at his press conference, which would actually carry more weight than a Traynor typed statement.

What is it with the silence was it having been sent down to the lower rungs of football the chairmen are to scared to stand up for Club be it the continual bigotry to Alfredo, the way our players are singled out to the compliance officer, the way the media treat the players and the support. The list could go on but it's past time for the board to come out and fight for the club

What is it with the silence was it having been sent down to the lower rungs of football the chairmen are to scared to stand up for Club be it the continual bigotry to Alfredo, the way our players are singled out to the compliance officer, the way the media treat the players and the support. The list could go on but it's past time for the board to come out and fight for the club

Motherwell players breaking our players bones then their players poke fun at the injury in a press conference.

Robertson is weak.

If he doesn’t have the boIIocks for the scrap, he should hire somebody who does.

I wouldn't be surprised if Robertson had to get RIFC board approval to take a decision like banning a newspaper, particularly one that's proven helpful to the Chairman. It's not necessarily his fault.

Motherwell players breaking our players bones then their players poke fun at the injury in a press conference.

Robertson is weak.

If he doesn’t have the boIIocks for the scrap, he should hire somebody who does.
If he's the one who is in charge of this he should leave now. Cowards should not be welcome.

The Club's lawyers will be talking to the Sun on the QT, I'm sure of it.
That’s a mistake in the clubs behalf if they are. That weakens their position if they don’t do it publicly. If the clubs lawyers are talking it should be with the full weight of the club threatening explicitly to call for a boycott of their rag.

This board was tacitly instrumental in the supporters boycotting our own club and it’s own merchandise. I’m pretty sure they can organise a pretty effective boycott of a newspaper that has is spouting hatred of one of our players if they could be arsed.

Doesn’t seem like they think it’s an issue- it does make me wonder if their agenda really aligns with the support.

The sad thing is that even neutrals and fans of other Scottish clubs have highlighted how bad it was and we’ve said nothing.

The last hope is that the gaffer deals with it directly tomorrow at his press conference, which would actually carry more weight than a Traynor typed statement.

I live in hope that, without warning, he refuses questions and publicly states why.

I’ll hope, but won’t hold my breath.

Not often I have a pop at our board - but this is an instance where they needed to be robust, defend their player and ban The Sun, no ifs buts or maybes . Protect your own - listen to your support.

I’ve said before and I will say it again there is no one at board level with a fight in them to stand up for the club or fans I’m afraid there there fucking spineless no wonder the club is a door mat they don’t give a f u c k.

I’ve said before and I will say it again there is no one at board level with a fight in them to stand up for the club or fans I’m afraid there there fucking spineless no wonder the club is a door mat they don’t give a f u c k.

It’s the MD’s job to deal with shíte like this. Even if that means delegating / hiring somebody with the testacles for the task.

Surely to fcuk there are some rangers staff reading not only this forum but other rangers forums why the continual nothing to say or hear or see
for fcuks sake we are the MIGHTY GLASGOW RANGERS show the fans that you give a toss

Well after reading these posts it looks like the board should step down. No way should they be running the club with the outrage on here. Any idea who we'd like to see take over the club?

One of the posts said it would never have happened when jock Wallace was here, so I assume Gerrard isn't the answer either

Not only have we gave this clown a weeks worth about his article, we're actually on here turning on the board and ourselves. Him and his muckers at the sun must he having a good laugh looking on here.

We know what they are, but let's not give them free entertainment by turning on each other. His article should have been sneered and laughed at, not giving him some sense of importance that he thinks he has.

I think it's actually pretty disgusting how they never came out in defence of the player and ripped this fat Chunt and his paper a new arsehole after that last attack

Alfredo is a Rangers employee and Robertson should be ensuring that somebody from his side will f the business publicly defends him.

It’s just not going to get worse, attack in the best form of defence, publicly going after Collum zclancy, C O aetc are also essential

what is your problem with the club? don’t think I’ve ever seen anything positive from you but every opportunity to have a dig.
We shouldn't be complacent with any board after what happened to us.
They have been rapid in defending themselves,this goes way back to the Murray days.

Not only have we gave this clown a weeks worth about his article, we're actually on here turning on the board and ourselves. Him and his muckers at the sun must he having a good laugh looking on here.

We know what they are, but let's not give them free entertainment by turning on each other. His article should have been sneered and laughed at, not giving him some sense of importance that he thinks he has.
Yeah, that'll work..........in the same way as it has for the last 30 years!!
The very reason such an article is both written and published is because we,as a club, have continually gone down the very road you describe...and pray tell, where has that got us?

We shouldn't be complacent with any board after what happened to us.
They have been rapid in defending themselves,this goes way back to the Murray days.

there’s not being complacent and there’s taking every opportunity to have a dig. They made a statement after the game at the piggery, Club 1872 have made a couple over the last few weeks, really don’t know what people expect.

there’s not being complacent and there’s taking every opportunity to have a dig. They made a statement after the game at the piggery, Club 1872 have made a couple over the last few weeks, really don’t know what people expect.

Statements do nothing except make everyone laugh and point at us knowing full well we will do jack shit to follow it up .

You say you “ don’t know what people expect “ , how about the club coming out and withdrawing Leckies press pass and banning him from our stadium and make it clear any further people penning poison about a Rangers employee will join him , with the next step the Sun being banned altogether .

That would be a start . It shouldn’t be too much to expect .

We expect some positive action from the club not mealy mouthed words.
As previously stated,they defend themselves almost immediately but lag seriously behind in other matters.

We expect some positive action from the club not mealy mouthed words.
As previously stated,they defend themselves almost immediately but lag seriously behind in other matters.
Examples need to be taken against certain individuals and organisations.

Statements do nothing except make everyone laugh and point at us knowing full well we will do jack shit to follow it up .

You say you “ don’t know what people expect “ , how about the club coming out and withdrawing Leckies press pass and banning him from our stadium and make it clear any further people penning poison about a Rangers employee will join him , with the next step the Sun being banned altogether .

That would be a start . It shouldn’t be too much to expect .

That would be the right thing for the club to do and I really hope this dialogue is going on behind the scenes. The comment related to the statements and as you say endless statements do nothing but make us look daft or worse still looklike that lot!

My only hope now is that we win the league and them we publically shun the sun and give them zero in the way of post win access to anything.

I'm dreaming though...
We are weak as feck when it comes to our defence of anything like this.

A serious question. When club 1872 put out statements etc, is there no liaisance with the club on matters for going forward beforehand. Do office bearers liase with the club about their concerns and if yes, do they get responses
Club 1872 is a toothless tiger. The club laugh at them.

Is there evidence of this?
It is pretty obvious. They don't have shares to influence anything in the boardroom. The board also let club 1872 buy the fat man's shares giving them not a word more influence in the boardroom for what was it for 1million. Evidence enough for me.

Back