The Colts

They were unlucky not to have got the job done today. What an achievement that would have been

QUOTE="Gingerbeer Loyal, post: 5380472, member: 19641"]
Those boys should be proud of themselves. A magnificent performance but just just enough. In reality they totally out played a championship team but just did not get the luck needed... Many good things to come from these boys.
[/QUOTE]
Absolutely, was a very good and positive performance and bodes well.

ICT had a good goal chalked off though and a player sent off that should never have been. Have to look at it from both perspectives.

Last edited:
Looked really comfortable on the ball and wer very unlucky to lose in the end. Some nice praise from John Robertson for the colts after the game.

Only caught the last 15 minutes after coming back from the game today , but they were certainly all over Inverness and unlucky not to score .
Done themselves proud .

Absolutely, was a very good and positive performance and bodes well.

ICT had a good goal chalked off though and a player sent off that should never have been. Have to look at it from both perspectives.

Yup, we got a couple of breaks from the referee, though I’m not sure the red card had much of an impact on how the game was going. We played very well, dominated possession but struggled to get that clinical touch in the box.

Kennedy, Mebude and Patterson looked very impressive,

Seems like opposition like to play 2 banks at the back against rangers regardless of the level

Those boys should be proud of themselves. A magnificent performance but just just enough. In reality they totally out played a championship team but just did not get the luck needed... Many good things to come from these boys.
Totally agree, well said

Physically they looked smaller compared to the ICT players but they didn't look intimidated by that and showed a lot of determination. Missed a great chance when 1-0 up but had a lot of possession and they all looked very comfortable on the ball.

I read earlier that the average age for today’s team/squad was 18.3.

It’s brilliant that they can compete at this level.

Last edited:
Caught the last 15 minutes when I got home from Ibrox, looked a bit unfortunate not to take the game to penalties.

The boy mebude up front is not far away at all. I thought the team were magnificent. They would be mid table championship at least.

Lost count of the number of youth games I've attended but find it a bit bizarre travelling to a youth game in Inverness when the first team are playing at Ibrox.

Lost count of the number of youth games I've attended but find it a bit bizarre travelling to a youth game in Inverness when the first team are playing at Ibrox.
Going to assume most are from around the area and couldnt, or just didnt, arrange travel back down to Ibrox again today.

I know guys who were running buses up to Inverness but cancelled them.

Very impressed with the team.conditions were awful and if it were played in better conditions I think it would have suited us as there are really good football players in n there.

Incidentally who is the taller central midfielder, thought he was very good and played with his head up.

Did Inverness play a pretty full strength team? I wouldn’t know what there starting 11 is like these days.
Great run by the young team.

Going to assume most are from around the area and couldnt, or just didnt, arrange travel back down to Ibrox again today.

I know guys who were running buses up to Inverness but cancelled them.

Obviously it's totally different if you are closer to Inverness than Ibrox.

Or a family connection to one of the players maybe.

But to travel up from the Glasgow area when the first team are playing at Ibrox is totally bizarre in my opinion.

The Inverness team was about as strong as it cild be, and I thought our boys looked excellent against a team hoping for promotion this year. Mebude, Kennedy and Paterson were all obvious stand outs but I though the boy playing at number 8 for us (Dickson?) was excellent as well. Also thought they two centre halves done well up against a big target man type in Jordan whyte. They done themselves proud yesterday.

But to travel up from the Glasgow area when the first team are playing at Ibrox is totally bizarre in my opinion.

Could be that tickets were easier to purchase for a reserve game than a ticket at Ibrox we are sold out every week

I would imagine a lot of them had both booked, however given the first team game was cancelled & rescheduled last minute they headed up to Inverness instead

I was at the game, really enjoyed it despite the conditions.

Thought most of the team were great with Paterson, Kennedy, Dapo & Palmer being main standouts. Left back and both CH's were solid as well.

Hastie & Mcpake were a tad disappointing as I expected them to be stand outs.

Always felt we needed a second goal, if that shot from Mebude or Hastie on the rebound goes in there's no way Inverness would have come back from two down.

A great effort by the colts the average age of the side was 18 and they outplayed a experienced championship side. Kennedy Paterson and Dapo were excellent yesterday. Also handled the physicality well those 3 mentioned are ready for mens football

I thought the colts were excellent yesterday against a side who had knocked Livingston out of the cup the week before.they could have resorted to lumping the ball uo the pitch as the playing conditions were horrendous but no they kept playing football

Thought they were great. Just missing the right pass at the right time in final third and a wee bit of composure . But that will come .

They were impressive against a decent championship outfit in horrible conditions. Just lacked a bit of experience in the end, which is obviously to be expected.

Kai Kennedy was really good, like the look of him.
Kennedy was very impressive and looks like he would fit well into SG’s style of play. I can see him being a regular member of the first team squad next season.

Lot of impressive performances from our lads. Won’t pick anyone out from an overall excellent team performance.

I think the pitch hampered any chance of our boys playing the type of game they normally play.
I genuinely think of the conditions had been perfect or the pitch in a better condition that they would have beaten ICT.
It was a great achievement by them and they deserve nothing but credit.

Surely now is the time to push for the better u21 teams to be included in the league pyramid system up to and including championship level.
It would give players much needed competition, increase crowds in lower leagues and develop home grown talent.
In the past young players were farmed out to junior teams to harden them up . Now unless they go on loan, there is nothing.
Keep them together as a team, with the same coaches and playing better opposition.
Also, well done Graeme Murty. !!

Back