The continuing attempted demonisation and marginalisation of our club and support

monkey magic

This is no accident, and driven by an amalgam of anti-British racism, anti-Unionism, and naked anti-Protestant sectarianism. Rangers supporters need to get educated on the identity politics game. We are now in the bizarre situation of witnessing " Scottish patriots " of the SNP, who condone and celebrate the songs of IRA terrorist murderers of numerous Scots, condemning our support as bigots. If you read or see articles slating our club or fan base for supporting Unionism, simply accuse the authors of anti-British racism.

An attempt Is now being made by very skilled operators to isolate Rangers and their fan base in Scotland. Every other club has bams but not bams flying union flags.

Everytime we are mentioned now, it will be a bloodied lad lying on the ground with a union flag around him. .....”Are you sure you want to be on this side?”

An attempt Is now being made by very skilled operators to isolate Rangers and their fan base in Scotland. Every other club has bams but not bams flying union flags.

Everytime we are mentioned now, it will be a bloodied lad lying on the ground with a union flag around him. .....”Are you sure you want to be on this side?”
The dark arts o snazi propaganda supported daily by a national broadcaster unchallenged, unchecked to spout whatever they want you and the baying hordes to believe, unaccountable as we are now being told they have a mandate from the people as well.

The dark arts o snazi propaganda supported daily by a national broadcaster unchallenged, unchecked to spout whatever they want you and the baying hordes to believe, unaccountable as we are now being told they have a mandate from the people as well.
(C) Stalin CCP amd Hitler Germany BBC is now officially a PRAVDA organisation and they and SNP are dominated by friends of Rome

Unionism is now weaponised and demonised.

Yessers have completely lost all regard for British history. We represent to them that history in current form. They hate it, they hate us.

You would think the independence campaign won and were stripped of their victory they way they go on.

Nothing will change, they will always see us as representative of what they hate.

They are hard done by permanently.

I say this as someone who grew up not exactly pro union, I didnt really think about it. I was a huge national team fan and that clouded my views in seeing England as football rivals and I didn't really think of much else.

I am still not hugely political. But I know danger signs when I see them. We need another no vote referendum and people need to get on with being a country that respects and considers each other.

Yesterday a very small element of our support disgraced themselves and gave the media and government exactly what they wanted. They fed it. So they should get some of the anger, they gave the media and government what they were hoping for. They let the club down.

But I was out earlier with the dogs and there is tonnes of kids with their Rangers tops on, yesterday the boy across from me had his mates over. No trouble what so ever. There are thousands of people and families who 55 has meant so much to and have loved every minute of it. In the rush to demonise Rangers as a whole these narrow minded arseholes need to step outside their bigoted bubble and see that.

Yesterday a very small element of our support disgraced themselves and gave the media and government exactly what they wanted. They fed it. So they should get some of the anger, they gave the media and government what they were hoping for. They let the club down.

But I was out earlier with the dogs and there is tonnes of kids with their Rangers tops on, yesterday the boy across from me had his mates over. No trouble what so ever. There are thousands of people and families who 55 hass meant so much to and have loved every minute of it. In the rush to demonise Rangers as a whole these narrow minded arseholes need to step outside their bigoted bubble and see that.

It's the constant tagging of an entire group that does my nut in. I'm sick to death of me, you, the rest of FF, our kids, our pals, our families being treated as sub human scum by the ruling party and their chattering class sycophants because we wear a different strip or wave a different flag.

Every support has it's share of scumbags but there isn't a single other club in this country who are demonised and dehumanised by their lunatic fringe the way we are. Every one of us gets tarred by it. And I'm fúcking sick of it.

Take the Palestinian demo today. I'd wager there is at least one anti semite attending. Therefore should I assume ALL attending are anti semites ? There are sexual assaults a plenty at TITP so should I assume all festival goers are sex offenders or rapists ? This is what we're dealing with constantly. A few idiots in our support therefore we are all scum.

Last edited:
This is no accident, and driven by an amalgam of anti-British racism, anti-Unionism, and naked anti-Protestant sectarianism. Rangers supporters need to get educated on the identity politics game. We are now in the bizarre situation of witnessing " Scottish patriots " of the SNP, who condone and celebrate the songs of IRA terrorist murderers of numerous Scots, condemning our support as bigots. If you read or see articles slating our club or fan base for supporting Unionism, simply accuse the authors of anti-British racism.
Agree with your post mate but this bit isn’t really a thing

As always, it’s the actual bigots screaming about bigotry. All noise now for me, if you can’t see their blatant agenda then you’re a lost cause.

What else could the club have done yesterday? They boarded the gates and advised the fans to stay at home, the club are not responsible for the fans actions outside the stadium, simple as that.

I trust our board will come out all guns blazing against Sturgeon.

Yessers have completely lost all regard for British history. We represent to them that history in current form. They hate it, they hate us.

You would think the independence campaign won and were stripped of their victory they way they go on.

Nothing will change, they will always see us as representative of what they hate.

I say this as someone who grew up not exactly pro union, I didnt really think about it. I was a huge national team fan and that clouded my views in seeing England as football rivals and I didn't really think of much else.

I am still not hugely political. But I know danger signs when I see them. We need another no vote referendum and people need to get on with being a country that respects and considers each other.
Why do we need another referendum?
We had one, they lost and they have not had a majority of Scottish voters in an election since.
There is no mandate for another referendum.

Voters do not vote for separation when they vote in local elections such as for the big council in Holyrood, instead, they vote for stuff like good schools and well-run hospitals.
Sadly the big council leader Mrs Murrell isn't competent at supplying that which is in her power to supply.
She is absolutely hopeless at her real job, the only thing she is any good at is stirring up hatred and disunity.
She has disfigured the political landscape of Scotland and possibly ruined what was once a place where people possessed a cultural togetherness.

She has been a curse on the Scottish people.

It's the constant tagging of an entire group that does my nut in. I'm sick to death of me, you, the rest of FF, our kids, our pals, our families being treated as sub human scum by the ruling party and their chattering class sycophants because we were a different strip or wave a different flag.

Every support has it's share of scumbags but there isn't a single other club in this country who are demonised and dehumanised by their lunatic fringe the way we are. Every one of us gets tarred by it. And I'm fúcking sick of it.

Take the Palestinian demo today. I'd wager there is at least one anti semite attending. Therefore should I assume ALL attending are anti semites ? There are sexual assaults a plenty at TITP so should I assume all festival goers are sex offerenders or rapists ? This is what we're dealing with constantly. A few idiots in our support therefore we are all scum.

On Friday lots of bears were on social media countering objections to the celebrations. The bench had been set by the immigration protest and the various other marches going ahead at the weekend. We could have defended our position no problem if it had passed without incident. Those responsible made it ten times harder. Partly because it's easier to believe bad things than good and partly certain areas like the media and Humza Bawsac were just waiting to pounce.

I have lost track of how many times I see on here the phrase "box clever" and some folk just never learn. Tbh, I'm more annoyed at bears fighting with other bears at what was the celebration of our biggest achievement than the shite that Zambonini moron and her mob come out with.

Because of what we believe in and stand for,we are the"easy"option for THEM to take the anti union wrath out on!
Not gonna change,any time soon,unless----

It's the constant tagging of an entire group that does my nut in. I'm sick to death of me, you, the rest of FF, our kids, our pals, our families being treated as sub human scum by the ruling party and their chattering class sycophants because we wear a different strip or wave a different flag.

Take the Palestinian demo today. I'd wager there is at least one anti semite attending. Therefore should I assume ALL attending are anti semites ? There are sexual assaults a plenty at TITP so should I assume all festival goers are sex offenders or rapists ? This is what we're dealing with constantly. A few idiots in our support therefore we are all scum.
I think that is what is called bigotry.

On Friday lots of bears were on social media countering objections to the celebrations. The bench had been set by the immigration protest and the various other marches going ahead at the weekend. We could have defended our position no problem if it had passed without incident. Those responsible made it ten times harder. Partly because it's easier to believe bad things than good and partly certain areas like the media and Humza Bawsac were just waiting to pounce.

I have lost track of how many times I see on here the phrase "box clever" and some folk just never learn. Tbh, I'm more annoyed at bears fighting with other bears at what was the celebration of our biggest achievement than the shite that Zambonini moron and her mob come out with.

Some of our lot will never learn. We've always had an element of our support who'll proudly tell anyone "I'll sing/do what I want and no cúnt will tell me otherwise". They've been there since I've been going to Ibrox in the 80's. But I'm sure every other club has their undesirable element as well.

I know what you're saying in terms of giving Humza the hypocrite an open goal(and by god didn't he take it with aplomb) but watching him and the rest of them being given an inch and taking a mile has been beyond the pale. Sturgeon claiming fans "rampaged through the city" is just bullshit and she knows it. But it's now viewed as fact and it plays to her core base of voters.

As for Facebook Maw Rosa - She's an utter halfwit. It's painful watching her trying to be some sort of intellectual. I'm convinced when she sent that tweet she actually believes Rangers went to a closed pub and didn't have a private place in the stadium for the players and staff.

Yesterday was always going to end with some arrests and bother / litter etc . Every single person knew it Rangers fan or not . All day drinking in groups involving young people always does . What pisses me off massively is that we are now hearing about “ sectarian “ singing , I personally haven’t seen footage of this but when oh when will some of our fans realise that kind of thing above all else is the big stick they love to beat us with . I’ve said it before and I guess I’m wasting my time but why do Rangers fans casual or otherwise want to sing about anybody’s religion is beyond me . It’s an utterly bizarre Achilles heel that time and again has seen our club hammered by UEFA , and this kind of thing isn’t going to go away . You cannot excuse in 2021 singing about catholics / jews/ Protestants or any other religion in a derogatory or hateful way , it’s just mindless weird behaviour . We seem to get to a point it’s gone for good then it’s back reading it’s ugly head again . It’s a minority but a noisy one , like some kind of Tourette’s and self harm we bring on ourselves .

I despair at it because the club cannot do any more than it has to tell people singing about religion isn’t wanted or needed at our football games . It really Fcking pisses me off more than wee guys scrapping and littering after drinking for 12 hours . The Union bears have binned it , the vast majority of our fans 50,000 at home have binned it , but still we get this . It doesn’t reflect the wider rangers support , but it’s massively damaging for us there’s no getting away from it.

At George square there was a handful of people who were on their mobile phones recording everything. They were not fans. They were not police. And they were not press. I know as I confronted them and told them to %^*& off. They were looking to film fans urinating in back streets of the square or any disturbances. FACT it was organised.

We are going down the road of a religious civil war Scotland will be like Ulster was for 30yrs , after all we are still the majority only just but . We as a protestant people need a voice , the nat government is happy to sit back & watch the media outlets sprout anti protestant/British/ Rangers propaganda , there's been marches protests in the city for weeks but only twice has it been reported & surprise surprise its big bad Rangers again , how any bear can vote for them is beyond me , my view is that nat supporting bears are not welcome at Ibrox if any nat bear is reading this the message is , STAY AWAY FROM Ibrox , you are not welcome .

Imagine life in an independent Scotland. Rangers will not be allowed to be a club. Not hyperbole

Do the hard of thinking Nat voters think that we Unionists won’t organise a party worthy of our support IF independence ever came to pass?

Galloway is only anti-independence because he fears that an independent Scotland would become a Presbyterian utopia

Spot on original poster but this is scotland. Its not just the opposition who are guilty of this. It comes down to our politicians. Snp....unionist mps etc. Using football to point score and get what they want. I would say we are the biggest target its obvious. When anything negative happens from a rangers point of view its all posted on every Scottish teams forums labeling us h.ns.

That comes down to our politicians.

I remember only a decade ago when we would debate with other supporters about something whats happened in the country and in the end we would laugh it off but now its people digging deep to the lowest ever to point score whos better than who

In their desperation to expose and fight bigotry and sectarianism they have become sectarian bigots.
Looking through Twitter shows people claiming to be tolerant in their bio being utterly hypocritical in the way they talk about Scottish Protestant unionists. They aren’t tolerant, it’s just a tag they give themselves to be loved. It’s a mask that slips very easily when they’re talking about people with different views.

Yesterday was always going to end with some arrests and bother / litter etc . Every single person knew it Rangers fan or not . All day drinking in groups involving young people always does . What pisses me off massively is that we are now hearing about “ sectarian “ singing , I personally haven’t seen footage of this but when oh when will some of our fans realise that kind of thing above all else is the big stick they love to beat us with . I’ve said it before and I guess I’m wasting my time but why do Rangers fans casual or otherwise want to sing about anybody’s religion is beyond me . It’s an utterly bizarre Achilles heel that time and again has seen our club hammered by UEFA , and this kind of thing isn’t going to go away . You cannot excuse in 2021 singing about catholics / jews/ Protestants or any other religion in a derogatory or hateful way , it’s just mindless weird behaviour . We seem to get to a point it’s gone for good then it’s back reading it’s ugly head again . It’s a minority but a noisy one , like some kind of Tourette’s and self harm we bring on ourselves .

I despair at it because the club cannot do any more than it has to tell people singing about religion isn’t wanted or needed at our football games . It really Fcking pisses me off more than wee guys scrapping and littering after drinking for 12 hours . The Union bears have binned it , the vast majority of our fans 50,000 at home have binned it , but still we get this . It doesn’t reflect the wider rangers support , but it’s massively damaging for us there’s no getting away from it.
All true and I fully agree BUT these people hate us so, if there was no sectarian signing (and there possibly wasn’t) then they’d make it up or move on to the next thing.

All true and I fully agree BUT these people hate us so, if there was no sectarian signing (and there possibly wasn’t) then they’d make it up or move on to the next thing.
It doesn’t excuse the singing mate . It’s been hurting our club for the last 20 odd years since uefa started taking it rightly or wrongly as a priority to end it , we’ve been over and over it . It’s just beyond depressing

The Bunker

2ctuSpor nsohrmresidgl ·

Due to the rising cases in Glasgow and this fast moving Indian variant we are politely asking those customers that were in Glasgow yesterday to celebrate Rangers victory to please not come to the gym for the next 5 days or book a lateral flow test before coming...we have vulnerable customers and I'm sure you wouldn't want to risk lives by coming to the gym!!
We know this is an inconvenience for you but we feel this is necessary for the next 5 days to protect our customers and our families!!
There is a walkin test centre in Hurlford Community and results are really quick!!
Thanks for your cooperation The Bunker
1f9e1.png

The Bunker Gym in Kilmarnock.

Just think, when they get their independence, as they will eventually, we will be the “rebels”.

%^*& being in the trenches with me and all that but the culture war is over and we lost because we really didn't listen to those who warned us that we were in the midsts of one.

I am as guilty as anyone else.

We've been defamed, dehumanised and presented as a far-right, bigoted caricature for so long that people believe it far and wide. Indeed, many of our own in the public gaze were almost apologetic for their choice of team or keen to point out that they are not 'that kind of Rangers fan".

It doesn't matter what we do we will be demonised and what is more concerning is that many will fall for the narrative.

We should never be ashamed of who we are nor our origins or our history.

Keeping the UK together is going to be a huge challenge. But as far as we are concerned we will be an easy target as long as there are bigot factories producing Haggerty and her ilk and a compliant media of self-hating, UK loathing Producers Directors and Executives to give them a platform.

Bears voted for this or stood back in an apathetic haze. Although I am no doubt that Labour and the Tories will chime in with the Greens and put the put in at Holyrood this week.

The recent bounce for nationalism is, unfortunately, directly linked with the outcome of Brexit. Therein lies a wee conundrum, for Scotland voted against, as did NI, but lost out to the little englander mentality. It benefits Scotland and the UK as a whole to be part of the economic power house that is Europe. This has helped strengthen wee Nippy’s crusade for ’independence’. Most people don’t know what it would mean in practise simply because the snips never spell out what exactly are the benefits, nor do they expose the financial risks involved. Instead, they concentrate on the heartstrings of romanticism, Braveheart, and disguise the huge challenges it will bring. Nippy never talks about the money, as therein lies the weakness. All this comes back to us and our fans. In order to break Unionism, they tried to break us. History will ultimately prove that a section of leading figures came together to bring us down. They nearly succeeded. Think about it. They were laughing in our faces, even being as bold as having the two key protagonists to bring us down as Mr Green and Mr White. They failed. Now we have 55. It has strengthened us. We have to fight our corner to preserve the Union. That means joining with our brethren in N.I. and fighting together against the snps and the sf.

The Bunker

2ctuSpor nsohrmresidgl ·

Due to the rising cases in Glasgow and this fast moving Indian variant we are politely asking those customers that were in Glasgow yesterday to celebrate Rangers victory to please not come to the gym for the next 5 days or book a lateral flow test before coming...we have vulnerable customers and I'm sure you wouldn't want to risk lives by coming to the gym!!
We know this is an inconvenience for you but we feel this is necessary for the next 5 days to protect our customers and our families!!
There is a walkin test centre in Hurlford Community and results are really quick!!
Thanks for your cooperation The Bunker
1f9e1.png

The Bunker Gym in Kilmarnock.

Well this really is dehumanising our fans.

Can only pick up Covid in George Square, and not other Glasgow gatherings, or in Burns Mall, or on the 11 bus from Ardrossan, or when out for dinner at the Wetherspoons?

I'd be finding another gym away from these bigots.

Disgusted but not surprised at the amount of Celtic fans referring to Rangers / Fans as a cancer and scum is dehumanising. People can't claim to own a moral high ground on human rights then turning around calling someone a cancer due to the team they support.

Total heads gone.

Do the hard of thinking Nat voters think that we Unionists won’t organise a party worthy of our support IF independence ever came to pass?

Galloway is only anti-independence because he fears that an independent Scotland would become a Presbyterian utopia
This was very true.
I don't know if it is particularly relevant these days
However, I don't consider Galloway to be someone keen to wrap himself in the Union flag.
His Unionism will be income-based, which itself is at least smart in comparison to the clowns in the SNP who would impoverish Scotland

Disgusted but not surprised at the amount of Celtic fans referring to Rangers / Fans as a cancer and scum is dehumanising. People can't claim to own a moral high ground on human rights then turning around calling someone a cancer due to the team they support.

Total heads gone.

A friend of mine was called a "a fat ugly hun" by a Celtic fan going nuts about yesterday because she had the gall to say "My da is 73, grew up in Glasgow and boozed up guys fighting was as prevalent in his youth as it is in my kid’s. If you’ve got some solutions to this age-old problem for Glasgow, and many other places, many folk would love to hear them."

%^*& being in the trenches with me and all that but the culture war is over and we lost because we really didn't listen to those who warned us that we were in the midsts of one.

I am as guilty as anyone else.

We've been defamed, dehumanised and presented as a far-right, bigoted caricature for so long that people believe it far and wide. Indeed, many of our own in the public gaze were almost apologetic for their choice of team or keen to point out that they are not 'that kind of Rangers fan".

It doesn't matter what we do we will be demonised and what is more concerning is that many will fall for the narrative.

We should never be ashamed of who we are nor our origins or our history.

Keeping the UK together is going to be a huge challenge. But as far as we are concerned we will be an easy target as long as there are bigot factories producing Haggerty and her ilk and a compliant media of self-hating, UK loathing Producers Directors and Executives to give them a platform.

Bears voted for this or stood back in an apathetic haze. Although I am no doubt that Labour and the Tories will chime in with the Greens and put the put in at Holyrood this week.
I agree with most of your post however I don’t agree that “ it doesn’t matter what we do “ . It does . We can on our own side get on the front door to finally squash any form of sectarian pish we still hear from a minority of fans . The biggest own goal we keep on scoring , it needs binned , no ifs no buts . We also need someone at the club who understands what we are up against and the nuanced way we are being manipulated and pilloried politically and otherwise by people who hate our very existence . Get people on board who understand and can influence that side of things as it’s only going to get worse as independence is ramped up . Most of us want to enjoy Rangers being back , being healthy , watching a young magnificent manager and team put on displays of brilliance we have seen this season and beyond - after ten years of misery no wonder . Do we really want another “ war “ of attrition related to independence ? Most just don’t want to be bothered by it . It’s a scandal that there wasn’t a minimum 25 year period placed on the indyref the last time but here we are . We are a broad church as a support , as baffling as it may be some do support independence . Rangers must endure even if it happens . Look after ourselves , haters will come at us it has always been thus . But there is stuff we can do .

A friend of mine was called a "a fat ugly hun" by a Celtic fan going nuts about yesterday because she had the gall to say "My da is 73, grew up in Glasgow and boozed up guys fighting was as prevalent in his youth as it is in my kid’s. If you’ve got some solutions to this age-old problem for Glasgow, and many other places, many folk would love to hear them."
This is another thing we Collectively need to sort . This “ HUN” stuff needs challenged . I’ve warned and warned about it before becoming so commonplace to dehumanise any bear of any creed colour or faith or otherwise . The collective Will has to be there and we need to be on the front foot with it .

Almost every comment having a go is from either a) sellick fan b) a nationalist.

I.e people who hate us.

Feck them, it's all white noise to me.
Most people with half an ounce get that too.
Sure when Liverpool won the league it was all over the news about Pier Head, who cares about that now?

It’s done, some elements were disappointing and those people - I won’t call them fans - sadly get headlines, when the vast majority of folks had a great time and went on about their business after it.

The PSNI are sticking their oars in here over the Shankill, yet there’s several pro-Palestinian large crowds in NI today - guess who will be attending those - and they have nothing to say about that. Funny that.

I agree with most of your post however I don’t agree that “ it doesn’t matter what we do “ . It does . We can on our own side get on the front door to finally squash any form of sectarian pish we still hear from a minority of fans . The biggest own goal we keep on scoring , it needs binned , no ifs no buts . We also need someone at the club who understands what we are up against and the nuanced way we are being manipulated and pilloried politically and otherwise by people who hate our very existence . Get people on board who understand and can influence that side of things as it’s only going to get worse as independence is ramped up . Most of us want to enjoy Rangers being back , being healthy , watching a young magnificent manager and team put on displays of brilliance we have seen this season and beyond - after ten years of misery no wonder . Do we really want another “ war “ of attrition related to independence ? Most just don’t want to be bothered by it . It’s a scandal that there wasn’t a minimum 25 year period placed on the indyref the last time but here we are . We are a broad church as a support , as baffling as it may be some do support independence . Rangers must endure even if it happens . Look after ourselves , haters will come at us it has always been thus . But there is stuff we can do .
What do you define as Sectarian pish?

I agree that we need to not fall foul of UEFA sanctions (and ensuring the removal TBB was a masterstroke by the filth), but outside the ground we should be as free to express our culture as they do. Their songbook is far more "offensive" within British shores than anything we have ever sung. Look at another one of their victories, The Famine Song. How much ground should we cede on their say-so? Where does it stop?

I'd hate us to stop singing The Sash or Derry's Walls though. They are songs we've sung for generations. They might not be Rangers songs, but to me they will always be Rangers songs.

I'm one of those "free speech absolutists" though. Which never used to be a particularly radical position. If punters are not breaking any laws then they should remain free to do and say what pleases them. That, however opens up a whole other can of worms about legislation, interpretation and the parties that proposed and backed the introduction of draconian laws.

As I said, it's over. We lost.

But I was out earlier with the dogs and there is tonnes of kids with their Rangers tops on, yesterday the boy across from me had his mates over. No trouble what so ever. There are thousands of people and families who 55 has meant so much to and have loved every minute of it. In the rush to demonise Rangers as a whole these narrow minded arseholes need to step outside their bigoted bubble and see that.

I said in another thread last week that the march to George Square was potentially walking into a political and media ambush. Early kick-off, lots of booze, police move in late on when things have went from a hugely boisterous party atmosphere to hoover up the predictable drunken idiots who have crossed the acceptable behaviour Rubicon.
This is not unique in Glasgow. Two years ago Police Scotland forced the abandonment of Celtc's bus parade from Hampden because Glasgow Cross and the Gallowgate were scenes of drunken carnage.
The politicians and media then, were less than outraged.
The above is in no way an apology for the minority among us who literally let the side down. Rangers won the League this year in many ways because of a brilliant defence on the park. Now we need the same off the park.

We've just had an election, all this fight back pish is just that. Pish. Unionists cant even agree with each other.
Unionists have always been their own worst enemy especially in Northern Ireland.
They wouldn't engage with the Yanks which enabled the provos in particular to spend decades lying unchallenged and raking in millions of $.
The thought process of we'll always be British has made people complacent.
What's happening in Scotland now is a direct result of The Snp colluding with sinn fein and following their ways.
Scotland will only get worse because Unionists want take them head on including in the media.

What do you define as Sectarian pish?

I agree that we need to not fall foul of UEFA sanctions (and ensuring the removal TBB was a masterstroke by the filth), but outside the ground we should be as free to express our culture as they do. Their songbook is far more "offensive" within British shores than anything we have ever sung. Look at another one of their victories, The Famine Song. How much ground should we cede on their say-so? Where does it stop?

I'd hate us to stop singing The Sash or Derry's Walls though. They are songs we've sung for generations. They might not be Rangers songs, but to me they will always be Rangers songs.

I'm one of those "free speech absolutists" though. Which never used to be a particularly radical position. If punters are not breaking any laws then they should remain free to do and say what pleases them. That, however opens up a whole other can of worms about legislation, interpretation and the parties that proposed and backed the introduction of draconian laws.

As I said, it's over. We lost.
I define it as singing about the pope , 19th Century Terrorists etc . As you say if it falls within the confines of a UEFA fine or closure . Obviously I include any religion but let’s be honest we don’t sing about any other religions in a derogatory way , only catholics bizzarely .

It shouldn’t still be a thing . It’s not hard to understand why so people are wilfully doing it and it’s still damaging the club in 2021 . There’s a difference between singing about your own culture or whatever that may be , and singing about denigrating/hating others . I’m no hand wringer but Fck me we really do need to finally stamp out the embarrassing pish that saw partial stand closures in Gerrards first two seasons from UEFA .

I accept there’s nothing more the club can do , and you cannot do much about wee neds going to George square and singing what they like . However we need to be honest and collectively say enough is enough it’s only a minority yes but that minority who refuse to care are damaging the Club where many have worked so hard to restore us to the top .

Back