The Copland Nutter finally home after 21 days in hospital with Covid

Best wishes CN !! Memories of you jumping about in the Copland Front as we watched mystified from the EE :)

Me and the wife have got very friendly with George over the last lot of years from going to Magaluf and drinking in sinkys. A great man who can put sambuca away like no other lol. Didn't get to see him as much the last time as he had moved to a smaller bar in palma nova but still got down to catch up. All the best mate from me and Louise.
I’m sure he had a Rangers pub going for a few years in Magaluf mid 2000’s.

All the best Mr Nutter.
During his heyday I was a Copland rear season ticket holder, so I was not fortunate enough to experience the Ibrox nutter cabaret.
However, I seen him a few times at away games.
Everybody would spread the word to be quiet, like a minutes silence, but during a game.
The silence would then be broken by the nutter parading up and down stairs belting out the vocals and the crowd then joining in.
Great times.

I
I saw him wi a top on a couple of weeks ago. I was parked up taking a break and he walked by. Might have been Ayr town centre. Took me ages to remember where I'd seen him before.
I can guarantee the top would have been no more than a vest.
Yes it would’ve been Ayr town centre and if you where close enough to him then you would’ve heard him whistling the sash, or Billy boys or anyother anthem of ours. :)

I can guarantee the top would have been no more than a vest.
Yes it would’ve been Ayr town centre and if you where close enough to him then you would’ve heard him whistling the sash, or Billy boys or anyother anthem of ours. :)
I’m sure I’ve seen him outside Ibrox on a raw winter day wearing just a blue vest that had ‘the bare bear‘ on the back. Brilliant!!

Burnside/Blairbeth?

Are you in this? (Not the greatest quality)Obviously wee George isn't there, but you may know a few.

Yes I'm in this, recognise a few of the lads, I'll give initials to protect the innocent. NM, GT SH (sadly no longer with us, RIP big man), JC, JI, CR, DY. Front row can only make out GW, WD & AS. This is the Burnside Saturday morning side, I can tell cos I'm hungover in the pic!!!

Yes I'm in this, recognise a few of the lads, I'll give initials to protect the innocent. NM, GT SH (sadly no longer with us, RIP big man), JC, JI, CR, DY. Front row can only make out GW, WD & AS. This is the Burnside Saturday morning side, I can tell cos I'm hungover in the pic!!!
I was only there for a season or two.
Played and scored in a 2-0 cup final win against Boydstone at Huntershill. They romped the league and thought they’d pump us in the final. I knew and played with a lot of their team.
I still give them stick for it.

I’m front row second from the left with the ball at my feet.

Remember when he carried out the Provost Rd end at Dens on a stretcher. Still kept things going. So funny.

I was only there for a season or two.
Played and scored in a 2-0 cup final win against Boydstone at Huntershill. They romped the league and thought they’d pump us in the final. I knew and played with a lot of their team.
I still give them stick for it.

I’m front row second from the left with the ball at my feet.
Is that you GS, I played in that final, it was as you say. George played as well, he scored a wheen of goals for us that season but not in the final which was unusual. I'm front row next to last from the right beside AS.

It's totally amazing how many life's Geo has touched with his antics.
What's also amazing is how kind hearted and all round top man his is.
When your first reaction is too smile at hearing his name tell you everything about the boy.
Relax and get fit True Blue the main event is coming and we need a Choir Master.

I had a good blether with him in Sinky’s a couple of years ago. He was telling me his back is fúcked now and that he struggles a bit. Next minute the tunes were on and he was jumping about like a maniac :)
I used to love watching his antics from the corner of the East Enclosure.

All the best CN. I usually went in the east enclosure back in those days, loved your crazy antics.

Remember Walter giving him some clobber after one of the title winning matches? Always wondered if Walter gave him one of the tank top cardies.

I think.

Enjoy #55 Mr Nutter.

Can't keep a good man down, if Alistair Hood can't beat him then a mere virus has no chance. Great to see him on the way back. I was also a team mate of the Rude Boy, Saturday mornings & Afternoon and a Sunday afternoon as well, I stayed with his brother Frank in the Dam when over for the Feyenoord game and he said Geo was back in Scotland, Bet he wishes he had stayed in Magaluf. On the Chesterfield thread I said John Greig jumped into the crowd right beside me & my mate, said mate was Geo, He was just a Nutter then cos we were never in the Copland was mainly the EE.

When he introduced himself to me many years ago in a Boozers in The Dam, he proudly announced, "Hi Mate, Pleased to meet ye, I'm The Copland Nutters Brother!. So Franks his name LOL. Superb and hope Frank and The Legend are well for a long time

Last edited:
Would probably get told to 'sit doon' , 'yir in ma wiy' nowadays.

Best of luck to you mate, you were and are a legend from the good old days.

Back