The Copland Nutter finally home after 21 days in hospital with Covid

All the best to wee George watched him in the 90s from the east enclosure and then had the pleasure of joining the Fernhill Loyal and sharing a bus with him a great guy and his madness dance is a joy to watch

Bloody hell, what a blast from the past. Had totally forgotten about the nutter until I saw the thread title. So many memories came flooding back!!!

Glad to hear you're on the mend mate. Speedy recovery...and thanks for the memories :))

All the best to that man, remember at times watching his antics more than the game . Is he a poster on here ? Great to have some positive news today after the news we’ve been getting

Sure I’ve read on here he had a condition which meant he never felt the cold.

How true that is I have no idea.
Rare blood disorder which plays havoc with his body temperature. Last time i saw CN in Magaluf in the bronze bar i think, I'm sure he had back problems and struggled when walking and was waiting for an op. Hope that went well for him too.

No Surrender CN.

Get well soon mate, used to love watching him at games. We were Copland front just below him and he was great entertainment. Speedy recovery pal

Wee George, former team mate of mine.
Cracking goalie for a smout.
He used to play with his Rangers earrings in.
Can't keep a good man down, if Alistair Hood can't beat him then a mere virus has no chance. Great to see him on the way back. I was also a team mate of the Rude Boy, Saturday mornings & Afternoon and a Sunday afternoon as well, I stayed with his brother Frank in the Dam when over for the Feyenoord game and he said Geo was back in Scotland, Bet he wishes he had stayed in Magaluf. On the Chesterfield thread I said John Greig jumped into the crowd right beside me & my mate, said mate was Geo, He was just a Nutter then cos we were never in the Copland was mainly the EE.

Good to hear that George is on the road to recovery again, had some cracking days in the company of himself & the fernhill lads.

21 days in hospital , must have hit him hard.
Certainly was a “lively character” back then.

Last edited:
Can’t place the exact game but didn’t one of the players make a bee line for him to present his shirt at the end of a season game?

ps already covered earlier in thread.

Last edited:
I remember reading an interview with CN in FF not long after he got huckled by Hood. He actually said Hood was an OK guy. Very magnanimous of him given the way he was hounded for merely singing at a match.

I remember reading an interview with CN in FF not long after he got huckled by Hood. He actually said Hood was an OK guy. Very magnanimous of him given the way he was hounded for merely singing at a match.
Tbf he would have been looking at it from a crowd safety point of view rather than trying to be a killjoy.

Can't keep a good man down, if Alistair Hood can't beat him then a mere virus has no chance. Great to see him on the way back. I was also a team mate of the Rude Boy, Saturday mornings & Afternoon and a Sunday afternoon as well, I stayed with his brother Frank in the Dam when over for the Feyenoord game and he said Geo was back in Scotland, Bet he wishes he had stayed in Magaluf. On the Chesterfield thread I said John Greig jumped into the crowd right beside me & my mate, said mate was Geo, He was just a Nutter then cos we were never in the Copland was mainly the EE.
Burnside/Blairbeth?

Are you in this? (Not the greatest quality)Obviously wee George isn't there, but you may know a few.

Last edited:
Was he still going to games in the mid 2000s?

Always mind one voice roaring from the copland front during some some dull games, certainly gave us some entertainment :D

The legend that is the Copland Nutter is as every much a part of the nine in a row era as the players who delivered it.

We had some great times traveling along that road but by Christ we also had to endure some turgid afternoons and evenings that were made Bearable by the CN and his antics.

I’m delighted to hear that he’s beaten this bãstard of a virus and on the road to recovery.

Thanks for those good times and fantastic memories CN and I hope you get a personal invite to the unfurling of Flag No.55.

Glad to hear he is on the mend. Takes me back to being a young guy and only getting to an occasional game at Ibrox. When the nutter started the whole stadium followed!

Tbf he would have been looking at it from a crowd safety point of view rather than trying to be a killjoy.
Hood was the architect of the "pay up, sit down, shut up, now leave" philosophy. He was the ultimate killjoy. Possibly as a consequence of Hillsborough some say, but he was arch killjoy even before that terrible day.

Going back to my earlier post when i met him in the bronze bar in magaluf. I didn't know he was the CN. Had seen him many visits before and told him i had seen him about magaluf and liked the shirt he wore.

Some will know it and some will have seen it when they were in Magaluf..

Used to see him strutting about Magaluf not giving a fuk with his "Loyalist Ardoyne" top on.

He will confirm that to anyone who knows him, a Magaluf nutter tae
:cool:

What an awful state, a truly disturbing picture.

All the best for a full recovery CN but a beige leather sofa?!

Back