The Copland Road Stand and Wes Foderingham.

GEODGC

Official Ticketer
I didn’t want to post anything too soon after the match in case I was accused of looking for a negative but what is the Copland Road stands beef with Wes Foderingham? I normally sit in the Govan East Corner and though it might just be where I was sitting and the accoustics of the stadium but yesterday I could clearly hear the abuse directed towards him from the other end of the ground. If he doesn’t throw the ball out instantaneously there is an audible grumbling from that end of the ground, even after he had made a couple of good saves in the first half. It’s definitely got worse over the last couple of seasons.
A minor complaint in the grand scheme of things but a baffling situatuation IMO.

Last edited:
My seat is in the CR and I don’t get it myself, he held the ball a couple of seconds too long on a few occasions but not a major issue.

Not something grown men should be jumping about flapping over.

Does seem to be a lot of the old guard tbh.

My seat is in the CR and I don’t get it myself, he held the ball a couple of seconds too long on a few occasions but not a major issue.

There's still a sizeable amount of the the support who are stuck in the "Get it in the boax" mindset.

There was a couple of occasions yesterday when a player was belting up the wing and a long throw would have got us halfway up the park with them chasing but he chose to hold on to it. Think that’s what the grumbling was about. Personally I’d rather he keept his cool and done what he did.

I sit in CF1 and I and others did moan once or twice when he didn’t release it quickly to Tav who was free to start an atttack down the wing.

Not a moan at him as such, probably just a moan at a missed opportunity. Like you would do if we missed a shot on goal.

I sit in CR4 and I'm sure he was getting stick for poor distribution. Nothing personal, just fans venting frustration.

The fans have a better view of what s up front for a quick kick up the park
But the keeper has to think safe first

I get the moans but also get the fact that the keeper firstly want to keep possession

Sometimes Wes can be a bit slow with his distribution, but the simple answer to the OP is that some people who go to Ibrox are just moany bastards.

They aren’t happy unless they are moaning and criticising someone. If it wasn’t Wes it would probably have been Windass.

Sometimes Wes can be a bit slow with his distribution, but the simple answer to the OP is that some people who go to Ibrox are just moany bastards.

They aren’t happy unless they are moaning and criticising someone. If it wasn’t Wes it would probably have been Windass.

Very true, a lot of moaning faced bastards at Ibrox.

I sit in CF1 and I and others did moan once or twice when he didn’t release it quickly to Tav who was free to start an atttack down the wing.

Not a moan at him as such, probably just a moan at a missed opportunity. Like you would do if we missed a shot on goal.
I noticed at one point in first half Wes appeared give the calm down hand wave after a few howls of frustration. Easy to see more options when your sitting high up in stand than on pitch though.

There is times when he should be getting the ball out quicker when there is the chance of an attack on opposition goal a few around me was saying the same.

I sit in the Govan Rear, but even from there I can see your thread is sinking.

And you actually say it's "definitely got worse over the last Couple of seasons".

Like you've been going to games and making mental notes about this terrible situation :D

The thread is sinking??:D Most people appear to be agreeing with me. You seem very angry and confrontational about the whole thing for some reason. It’s a messageboard, people have differing opinions, calm doon.
I have been taking metal notes about the ‘terrible situation’ as you call it, that’s why I wrote the OP. I wouldn’t call it a terrible situation personally but not to worry.

CR myself M2o but I don't think it's an old guard problem.(Yep I'm one of them). Around me, most of this ire was directed from a much younger demographic. This angry inarticulate growling at the earliest opportunity if we are not leading 3-0 in the first ten minutes may go someway to explaining why our home record is so piss poor. Also, in my experience it's these offenders that are for the off as soon as the clock hits 81mins.

The fact that this is our "home end" is a damming indictment of our club and support. Sooner we get Safe-Standing in there the better.
What happens of all the people who give him grief stay in the safe standing area.The abuse will be louder

He's as slow as feck sometimes getting the ball out. He gets to much of the ball in the game from our Centre Halves. Id fine anyone who needlessly passed the ball back to him a £1000

The thread is sinking??:D Most people appear to be agreeing with me. You seem very angry and confrontational about the whole thing for some reason. It’s a messageboard, people have differing opinions, calm doon.
I have been taking metal notes about the ‘terrible situation’ as you call it, that’s why I wrote the OP. I wouldn’t call it a terrible situation personally but not to worry.

Confrontational?

Not me Guv.....

You're the one who took umbrage and asked "where in the Copland do you sit?" when my only reply to the thread was picking up a spelling mistake you made which made quite a funny word.

So, you calm doon ;)

I always think he tries to get it out too fast and often gives it to someone when they have an opponent too close to them! It's led to a few dodgy moments recently. Some people are never happy.

Confrontational?

Not me Guv.....

You're the one who took umbrage and asked "where in the Copland do you sit?" when my only reply to the thread was picking up a spelling mistake you made which made quite a funny word.

So, you calm doon ;)

Nice edit of funy:D

There's people who turn up with their scripts of the same tripe they shout every game. Nothing to worry about really.

Confrontational?
Not me Guv.....

So, you calm doon ;)

Went back and changed the OP with the spelling of negative, your ‘joke’ went over my head because of this. I possibly overreacted after that:D Apologies if any are required. I honestly thought you were having a pop at everybody that you replied to.

I wrapped up my seat in CR2 because I couldn't take beardy in front of me moaning his face off for over 20 years :D

I just think the Copland is the grumpy section in the stadium :rolleyes: I don't think that it is necessarily aimed at Wes

Awaits incoming :D

I wrapped up my seat in CR2 because I couldn't take beardy in front of me moaning his face off for over 20 years :D

I just think the Copland is the grumpy section in the stadium :rolleyes: I don't think that it is necessarily aimed at Wes

Awaits incoming :D
For some reason I think it’s become acceptable/normal in there, almost expected if that sounds right. I had a couple of seasons as a ST holder in CF2 and ended up moving because it was a complete moanfest in there, I’m not saying it’s exclusive to the Copland- far from it, but it’s does seem worse in there in my experience.

Back