The Copland Road Stand and Wes Foderingham.

It was the first time I can recall where it’s actually cost us a goal mate - after how many games? Like his distribution - and his shot stopping as you say - having the ball at his feet is another of Foderingham’s strong points. He’s not in the class of some of our former goalkeepers but he’s a pretty decent goalkeeper.

You are right but people have a blind spot with certain players, they completely disregard the 99.99% of good work by that player and home in on that tiny tiny percentage of their game that they don’t like. We have had a section of fans that must have a target for as long as I can remember, Mo Ross, Charlie Adam, Ally McCoist, Mark Hateley, Cammy Fraser etc etc etc have all fell victim to the boo boys over the years.

Does the Copland even sing these days? Looks like they are all glued to their seats and going by a facebook exchange I seen a while back it sounds like a crime to stand up in the Copland according to some old Betty who thinks she actually owns her seat because she has sat there since the 80's.

Does the Copland even sing these days? Looks like they are all glued to their seats and going by a facebook exchange I seen a while back it sounds like a crime to stand up in the Copland according to some old Betty who thinks she actually owns her seat because she has sat there since the 80's.

It’s brutal at times, join in with the signing and get looked at as if you’ve just volleyed someone’s kid, quicker the safe Standing comes in the better.

There was a huge grumble from me in the Broomloan rear too, it's a mild criticism but he should look more often for the quick release, especially when players are breaking fast and looking for a long throw.

No need for any personal abuse to him about it though

It was a 90 minute silent protest against Safe-Standing

The minute season books became the norm once souness arrived the east enclosure became noisier than the Copland . But the Copland still sung .

Fast forward 30 years and large numbers of the Copland book holders have stayed in their seats . No bad thing and shows great loyalty , however clearly now it shows as the match day atmosphere without the east enclosure standing or the Copland able to sing due to being an old aged fan base , gives us the silent library we now have.

This is why safe standing is a must , get youngsters involved and re invigorate the whole experience for everyone .

Ridiculous thread. Copland has it in for Fod!? :D

Does he get unanimous praise from Broomloan?

Heard the groans from the corner section at the Copland and SJ stand. Have to say I thought something had happened because there was absolutely nothing on for him so I assumed it was something else.

I’m by no means his biggest fan and I’ll admit I wish we had another keeper as at times he’s a nightmare but yesterday to fair his first save was amazing

Ridiculous thread. Copland has it in for Fod!? :D

Does he get unanimous praise from Broomloan?

The fact that there are so many replies would suggest it isn’t a a ridiculous thread.
Your second comment is a bit silly is it not? Did anyone say he gets ‘unanimous praise from the Broomloan’? No they didn’t, nobody gets ‘unanimous praise’ from any stand.

The fact that there are so many replies would suggest it isn’t a a ridiculous thread.
Your second comment is a bit silly is it not? Did anyone say he gets ‘unanimous praise from the Broomloan’? No they didn’t, nobody gets ‘unanimous praise’ from any stand.

Sit in Copland myself and fan of Fod. Been great to watch him improve season on season and was delighted when he signed a new deal. Few groans here and there but the whole of Ibrox is full of moany bassas wherever you sit. Used to sit in broomloan for years and it was no different there tbh. Don't think there's a specific Copland agenda against Fod at all.

There should be guidelines drawn up of what is acceptable and what is not from our support.

People may laugh but this is the point its at.

The groaning minority are tainting the Rangers supports image.

Somebody should set a camera up pointing at the Copland for 90 minutes during the Celtic game to see how boring they are and use it as a case study to boot them out and build safe standing! :D

Where are people getting the idea that CF will be safe standing? The this is my seat brigade won't be happy with that.

Next time I'm displeased with Wes or any other player I'll shut the funk up.......reason?
I'm "sitting high up in the stand" alongside "auld pals I've sat beside fur years".

Fkn Bonkers!:D

To be honest the whole stadium is in despair at times with Wes, however, he has pulled us out the shit on many an occasion, it's just forgotten about too easily by our fickle support.

With regards to the Copland support, I only wish I could turn back time to the 90's, that's when you heard the Copland sing!

The days have changed since big Gas Meter would blast the ball into outer space then watch our players calvary charge waiting for it to re-emerge in the opposition penalty area.

Our keeper has to be comfortable with the ball at his feet and a punt up the park is last resort.

Granted Wes at times could release the ball sooner,and it can be frustrating at times ,but Saturday's groaning from the Copland was as audible as I've heard it and was uncalled for imo.

The minute season books became the norm once souness arrived the east enclosure became noisier than the Copland . But the Copland still sung .

Fast forward 30 years and large numbers of the Copland book holders have stayed in their seats . No bad thing and shows great loyalty , however clearly now it shows as the match day atmosphere without the east enclosure standing or the Copland able to sing due to being an old aged fan base , gives us the silent library we now have.
This is why safe standing is a must , get youngsters involved and re invigorate the whole experience for everyone .
That reply I can accept.Showing some respect to older supporters but also giving a possible solution to the problem.

Been going to see Rangers for 58 years now and you always get the moaners I have heard moaners at Baxter,Bud,Tam McLean,I have also heard Ally being told to get to phuck..it's all part of being fan,if Wes makes a wonderful save on Tues in the last minute to earn us a win all this will be forgot about.

Exactly, every week on here there’s some precious soul moaning (ironic) about people moaning. It’s a football ground not the theatre for goodness sake.

Does this mean you are on here moaning about people that are moaning about people moaning at the game? Ironic.

The days have changed since big Gas Meter would blast the ball into outer space then watch our players calvary charge waiting for it to re-emerge in the opposition penalty area.

Wee bit of nostalgia for me there.

I think that when we are back on top the Copland will respond and the pent-up emotion will be transformed. I miss the Copland swagger and when they do sing I know the Bears are as one.

The fans have a better view of what s up front for a quick kick up the park
But the keeper has to think safe first

I get the moans but also get the fact that the keeper firstly want to keep possession

Exactly the problem. We have a better view from up higher. We want /need to attack but.... safety first, as Wes may have not seen one of there players, maybe behind one of ours. We can maybe see there are none, if you follow that.

Not sure it's just the Copland, I notice it around me too in the Main Stand. Even when there's clearly nothing on for him folk go off their chump if he doesn't throw or kick it out straight away.

Suppose it's just alot of impatient / clueless people, you get it in every support and hopefully it's not something that bothers him much.

The 'home end' is meant to be a hub of energy, the centre point for the atmosphere to build from, a passionate encouraging place and an end where the players can draw inspiration from.

The Copland is none of this. It is not a home end. We do not have a home end. We need to change that.

Back