The corner for the second goal

Sands panics and lashes it for a corner rather than a throw in .. a left footer clears it up the park. Our injuries in the centre of defence are a curse
Naw mate,

If in doubt play it out......

If he holds on to it, loses the ball and we concede from there and your shouting should have played it out ......play simple etc...

Sands was composed tonight.

Feels like back to early 2000’s when any team get a set piece or a corner into our box they are going to score it’s a big big worry.

If we don’t win the league this season we need King back he would’ve never let this mess happen under his watch.

Blew 3 shots at the champions league in a year is unforgivable from the current mob and no wonder Gerrard left.

What a load of shite the OP is. He cleared his lines, had he tried to play out from there and lost if he’d rightly be crucified.

There’s a strange element amongst our support that are desperate to criticise Sands, despite the fact he was very good again tonight
No he wasn’t. He did okay, but is clearly a massive downgrade on last year and shouldn’t be in that fucking position. The club have really fucked up recruiting Leon and bassey replacements.

people are to extreme, those desperate to point out hes shite and those trying to pretend he some superstar And thought he was excellent tonight.

Us conceding a corner is like other teams conceding a Penalty

Been like that since the start of last season.

Hasn't helped losing Helander, and I think we should've kept Balogun.

Hopefully we'll sort it out. I think Souttar would help, but he looks a right sided CH.

No he wasn’t. He did okay, but is clearly a massive downgrade on last year and shouldn’t be in that fucking position. The club have really fucked up recruiting Leon and bassey replacements.

people are to extreme, those desperate to point out hes shite and those trying to pretend he some superstar And thought he was excellent tonight.

The level of irony in this post is magnificent :)

Been like that since the start of last season.

Hasn't helped losing Helander, and I think we should've kept Balogun.

Hopefully we'll sort it out. I think Souttar would help, but he looks a right sided CH.
I'm no fan of Sands at CH but i think he's a better option for us there than Souttar.

Naw mate,

If in doubt play it out......

If he holds on to it, loses the ball and we concede from there and your shouting should have played it out ......play simple etc...

Sands was composed tonight.
It was Goldson that was the bombscare between the two.

Sands panics and lashes it for a corner rather than a throw in .. a left footer clears it up the park. Our injuries in the centre of defence are a curse
Some things just go against you. PSV were just about to substitute the guy who scored, then they get a corner and kept him on

I'd love to see one of those highlight reels produced of every one of his involvements in the game.

He defended well against a good side, and passed the ball with purpose through the lines, something which we haven't really done for years.

I'd love to see one of those highlight reels produced of every one of his involvements in the game.

He defended well against a good side, and passed the ball with purpose through the lines, something which we haven't really done for years.
Had good game one of our better players.

Goldson should not be getting beaten like that at any set-piece, had the goal not gone in as was he seemed to be poised to lose out to someone else anyway. Beaten all ends up.

Hes a fantastic Defender in many and most ways but I do wish he was as commanding in his own box as he is attacking others when set-pieces roll around.

1st thing I said on our group chat mate.
Was as easy to kick it out for a throw in.

Was a needless corner to concede. Both Borna and Sands could have handled that situation better. Borna could have got his body in and saw it out for a goal kick and then Sands needs to make sure that goes for a throw.

Once it happens we need to defend corner better though.

Reactions: TPP
What a load of shite the OP is. He cleared his lines, had he tried to play out from there and lost if he’d rightly be crucified.

There’s a strange element amongst our support that are desperate to criticise Sands, despite the fact he was very good again tonight
Watch it back - he's raging with himself that he conceded a needless corner .. as I said - not blaming him for conceding the goal, that was his partner's fault, but a natural left footed cb kicks it out for a throw in

They had 5 corners last night, they scored from 40% of them, think the average is 3% of goals come from corners

It doesnt matter who concedes them, our defending of them is absolutely woeful and has been for seasons

We continue to fail to fix it and it continues to cost us

Goldson will get the blame at the corner but there was nothing he could really do. We’re zonal marking but the players in front of Goldson didn’t block the guy enough and he had an easy run to attack the ball. The guy was about 4 foot higher than Goldson as a result. When the guys in the air goldsons tries to nudge to make his header go off target but he can’t make to much contact or it would be a pen. All in all, the blockers need to do a better job there.

You are right Borna brilliantly saved a corner I thought it was booted for a throw and next thing I know it was placed for a corner I thought wtf?

Back