The Cost of BT Sport is Going Up from January.

If I read that correctly, mine will be unchanged because I get broadband from BT but watch BT Sport via Sky.

If I read that correctly, mine will be unchanged because I get broadband from BT but watch BT Sport via Sky.

If you have BT Broadband then you get BT Sport Lite via Sky for free. Pretty sure BT Sport Lite is BT Sport 1 only, you don’t get BT Sport 2.

I must be the only one who is happy to pay the extra

Rangers Games
MotoGp
Live Boxing
EPL
Bundesliga

Im not fussed about £3 extra a month i probably loose that each month out my pockets in change
+*
I aint getting the fussed either. I watch NBA, College Football, Canadian Football League. They have magazine shows on these leagues from ESPN and all the ESPN sports documentary films.They have 4 of the 5 best leagues in Europe live and SPFL games. I think i pay a fiver as part of my deal on broadband and its in HD

If you have BT Broadband then you get BT Sport Lite via Sky for free. Pretty sure BT Sport Lite is BT Sport 1 only, you don’t get BT Sport 2.

I have all the BT Sport channels - 1,2,3 and ESPN. I better check how much I'm paying!

It's probably already been said, but.....

Rangers TV is the way forward. I have watched every game this season (with the exception of a couple where I went to the pub with pals) at home.

£17 a month for the full package. Money goes to the club and you get every game home and away as well as loads of other features.

Well worth it.

All you need to do is set up a VPN for the start of the feed then turn it off and it runs absolutely fine. It's a no-brainer for me.

£17 or upwards of £50 for sky and BT sport were you have to listed to condescending pricks rip into us.

I have all the BT Sport channels - 1,2,3 and ESPN. I better check how much I'm paying!

Be surprised if you are getting more than BT Sport 1 for free.

Let us know what your scrutiny of your bill reveals - I might use it as ammo to get a better deal for myself LOL.

After reading thread , I called them today and they held price for next 18 months. I didn't need to haggle, just call the cancellation number and said I was thinking of leaving due to price increase. Good luck

Looks like the couch will still cost less than a season ticket.

What are you potatoes moaning aboot.

You have 30 days to cancel due to price change[/QUOT

My BT was due to run till Dec 2018 as bill was reduced previously. Saw email today regarding £3 increase. Cancelled it as you have 30 days notice and any previous agreement irrelevant. Switched my Sky and BT all over to Virgin and now saving £80 a month.

got my email today, its not £3, its £4.50 as HD is going £1.50 so its as good as

I defy anyone to watch football now in standard def after HD

I got a call yesterday from them as my contract is due in January anyway. Straight off the bat they offered no increase for 18 mth on a new contract . Just got phone, bb and sport lite. Think it' 24.99 I am paying.

£1.75 a month for online as i am a BT Fibre BB customer (50% off) - Hook the HDMI up to the TV and bobs yer uncle. £26 a month via sky is disgraceful

I submitted a complaint to them due to Christ Sutton a while back and they came back with a shit response. I told them to ram it then. Would never have any intention on going back. Shame, the coverage outwith the horrible commentary is really good as is the app. Some great games too but I would never want to give them any money to keep the majority of the people employed that they do.

I would quite happily pay £20-30 per month if there was one station that had all our away matches covered.
Having to pay for Sky, BT and still not see all the games is crap.
If the club were able to do their own channel through the tv box available to UK based fans they’d make a mint I reckon?
This^^ they say its competition. Is it %^*& - competion is when you can get the same/similar product elsewhere - this is just robbery.

I got my letter today.

My BT Sport was going up by £4.50.

Just called them to cancel and I am now paying £6 a month less.

6BQgWa5.jpg

Last edited:
I got my letter today.

I have BT Sport HD via Sky.

Can anyone tell me how much it is going up?

£1.50 or £4.50?

Same letter as me, I also have BT Sport HD via Sky, but get my fibre broadband from BT.

It's going up by £4.50 to a total of £16.50 per month.
- BT Sport from £7 to £10 per month
- HD pack from £5 to £6.50 per month

I regularly moan at both Sky and BT charging extra for HD these days, but can't go back to watching it on SD. Looks awful in comparison especially on a decent sized TV. So while they have me by the balls, I do make a point of calling every year to negotiate a deal. Always get one, eventually.

BT were also going to increase my broadband cost but gave me an offer to stay at the current price if I recontracted for 18 months, which I was OK to do.

They've got black Friday offers on until 27th November.

We just got BT fibre for £29.99 with BT Sports HD free for 18 months.

Don't know what other deals they have on?

Combined im paying £165 for Sky, Virgin Broadband & BT sports. Switched everything to Virgin which comes with BT Sports and top Broadband for £90 a month. Was with Sky for 25 years but fed up paying over the odds.

I'm £52 for the full works with Sky, 2 Q boxes, HD, sports, cinema... thanks to SF on here.

Then £29.99 for broadband and BT sports HD.

Got to say I'm on the way to thinking its a rise too far, especially when it's to fund the EPL with all the money they promised them.
That, along with having to listen to their arseholes of pundits makes me think I'll be getting it cut off after Christmas!

I currently have BT Sport through my Sky Box which was £27.99 a month. Received a letter to say it was going up by £4 odd in January. Lucky for me my contract with them is up in January & they offered me to stay for £18.99. Done deal.

G
Combined im paying £165 for Sky, Virgin Broadband & BT sports. Switched everything to Virgin which comes with BT Sports and top Broadband for £90 a month. Was with Sky for 25 years but fed up paying over the odds.
guy over in the lounge would have got you it for £75

Sorry just saying

Im just about to phone them. Pay 62 a month for sky and 55 for bt phone and broadband with bt sports. Will cancel bt if they don’t offer me a deal

They've got black Friday offers on until 27th November.

We just got BT fibre for £29.99 with BT Sports HD free for 18 months.

Don't know what other deals they have on?

I was looking at that last night. the web site says you can also get a £100 prepaid mastercard which takes the cost down to about £25/mth. did they mention the card to you?

got to admit I am tempted unless anyone else can show me a better offer.

Crazy price now and glad I ditched BT. £30.99 per month (HD) to get on Sky without having BT broadband. I have Sky and a season ticket so I refuse to pay any more for BT. I watch our BT games in the pub, few beers, and still cheaper than getting BT over the course of season.
Thank god i have Virgin you get it free with them.

I was looking at that last night. the web site says you can also get a £100 prepaid mastercard which takes the cost down to about £25/mth. did they mention the card to you?

got to admit I am tempted unless anyone else can show me a better offer.

Never mentioned that. We set up as a new customer, they knocked off the set up, installation and delivery fees (£79.99 in total).

It's probably already been said, but.....

Rangers TV is the way forward. I have watched every game this season (with the exception of a couple where I went to the pub with pals) at home.

£17 a month for the full package. Money goes to the club and you get every game home and away as well as loads of other features.

Well worth it.

All you need to do is set up a VPN for the start of the feed then turn it off and it runs absolutely fine. It's a no-brainer for me.

£17 or upwards of £50 for sky and BT sport were you have to listed to condescending pricks rip into us.
do you get a good hd picture mate ? when i watch games back the picture is pretty good, a little bit laggy, what browser do you use ? and what vpn ?

you get vpn free with opera but opera only supports 720p not 1080

Called and got a package including free HD and the Sports Pack at £7 the same price as now for next 12 months. Also got £15 discount monthly on the BT Infinity 1 package for next 18 months. Makes a pretty reasonable saving per month. Also told the guy I was sick of Terry Butcher and Chris Sutton and he said to use their on line feed back page to report this. He said he was going to pass on what I said about them to his line Manager.

Back