The crumbledome of Dundee

One of the worst stands that have had been unfortunate to be seated in, the whole stand is a death trap, I would not like to be in the unfortunate position if the stand had to be evacuated in a hurry. How they managed to get a safety certificate for this stand is unbelievable.

pLgmFau.jpg

Lol, the Arab's Truss refuse to comment on their own fucking stadium crumbling around them, but they've had plenty comments to make about our proud club when we were experiencing difficulties.

It's ALL about The Rangers right enough!

“I wouldn’t know how much these issues would cost to fix but it would be a concern if they got worse and one of the stands was closed.

“That would be a disaster for the club itself financially, not only for the loss of ticket sales but also the cost to repair of course."

They would only lose ticket sales for the derby games against Dundee.

Their stadium hasn't been more than half full for years, so closing a stand would make no difference whatsoever most weeks.

And today's match will be sponsored by UHU glue for your sticky moments and ducktape and Safedem who have a digger on standby

Report reveals cracks and ‘heavy corrosion’ in Dundee United’s Tannadice stadium

A report has revealed a catalogue of issues including structural cracks and concerns over crowd movement within Dundee United’s Tannadice stadium.

Dundee City Council’s Ground Safety Inspection, conducted annually, did not find anything to deem the ground unsafe but noted issues with internal walls as well as steel roof supports.

The April 2018 report, the most recent carried out, found cracking to internal concrete blockwork walls and heavy corrosion of steel trusses and vertical columns in the George Fox Stand.

Heavy corrosion was also identified in steelwork in the East Stand.

Many existing features in the ground’s South Stand also “fail to satisfy current standards in terms of crowd movement”, according to inspectors.

A spokesperson from the club said maintenance work is currently ongoing in many areas of the ground.

He also reiterated that all the club’s safety certificates are “still current”.

Life-long Dundee United fan Mike Barile said it was the first time he had heard about the problems.

He said: “It certainly doesn’t sound good and it’s not something I’ve heard about before.

“Having said that, the same sort of issues can be found in many other structures and I guess these are monitored.

“I wouldn’t know how much these issues would cost to fix but it would be a concern if they got worse and one of the stands was closed.

“That would be a disaster for the club itself financially, not only for the loss of ticket sales but also the cost to repair of course.

“I had noticed scaffolding up around the Eddie Thompson stand but I didn’t know what it was about.

“I’ve not seen work like that going on at the ground for the last 10 years.”

The report was carried out by Dundee City Council with assistance from the Scottish Fire and Rescue Service and Police Scotland.

Many of the issues have been noted in previous inspections and the club has not been asked to take immediate action.

A Dundee City Council spokesperson said officers regularly check on the condition of local grounds.

She said: “We have frequent multi-agency meetings concerning all sports grounds in the city and carry out several inspections each year to grounds.

“Safety of spectators is paramount and we work with clubs to ensure the grounds are as safe as possible.”

Since the 1990’s, a number of modifications have been made at Tannadice to bring the stadium up to modern standards.

Two new grandstands were constructed in the early nineties while the two tiered George Fox stand was built in 1992 and is named after a former chairman of the club.

The East Stand, also two-tiered, was built in 1994, and was renamed the Eddie Thompson stand in 2008.

The latest stand to be constructed was the Fair Play stand in 1997.

This stand formed an extension to the Jerry Kerr stand along one side of the pitch, and now houses away fans on match day.

A member of the Arab Trust stressed the group would not comment on the story
It should be safe enough. There’s no risk to fans as they don’t have many.

Report reveals cracks and ‘heavy corrosion’ in Dundee United’s Tannadice stadium

A report has revealed a catalogue of issues including structural cracks and concerns over crowd movement within Dundee United’s Tannadice stadium.

Dundee City Council’s Ground Safety Inspection, conducted annually, did not find anything to deem the ground unsafe but noted issues with internal walls as well as steel roof supports.

The April 2018 report, the most recent carried out, found cracking to internal concrete blockwork walls and heavy corrosion of steel trusses and vertical columns in the George Fox Stand.

Heavy corrosion was also identified in steelwork in the East Stand.

Many existing features in the ground’s South Stand also “fail to satisfy current standards in terms of crowd movement”, according to inspectors.

A spokesperson from the club said maintenance work is currently ongoing in many areas of the ground.

He also reiterated that all the club’s safety certificates are “still current”.

Life-long Dundee United fan Mike Barile said it was the first time he had heard about the problems.

He said: “It certainly doesn’t sound good and it’s not something I’ve heard about before.

“Having said that, the same sort of issues can be found in many other structures and I guess these are monitored.

“That would be a disaster for the club itself financially, not only for the loss of ticket sales but also the cost to repair of course.

“I had noticed scaffolding up around the Eddie Thompson stand but I didn’t know what it was about.

“I’ve not seen work like that going on at the ground for the last 10 years.”

The report was carried out by Dundee City Council with assistance from the Scottish Fire and Rescue Service and Police Scotland.

Many of the issues have been noted in previous inspections and the club has not been asked to take immediate action.

A Dundee City Council spokesperson said officers regularly check on the condition of local grounds.

She said: “We have frequent multi-agency meetings concerning all sports grounds in the city and carry out several inspections each year to grounds.

“Safety of spectators is paramount and we work with clubs to ensure the grounds are as safe as possible.”

Since the 1990’s, a number of modifications have been made at Tannadice to bring the stadium up to modern standards.

Two new grandstands were constructed in the early nineties while the two tiered George Fox stand was built in 1992 and is named after a former chairman of the club.

The East Stand, also two-tiered, was built in 1994, and was renamed the Eddie Thompson stand in 2008.

The latest stand to be constructed was the Fair Play stand in 1997.

This stand formed an extension to the Jerry Kerr stand along one side of the pitch, and now houses away fans on match day.

A member of the Arab Trust stressed the group would not comment on the story

Annually done but last one in April 18??

I hope it doesn’t affect the quality of their hospitality

1503327277DHSgB9xXoAARDnP.jpg-large.jpeg

Which is a chippy in a school cafeteria evidently.
They have spoiled the experience by giving those excited customers real forks, I would have expected a wee wooden two pronged effort, to make the whole experience more authentic.

Is this another Deck of Cards scenario?
Any news on the problems at the Glitter Dome? Or have their cracks and stuff just be forgotten about and swept under the Big carpet?:rolleyes:
Ah saw a Carpetright van outside the glitter dome the other day, maybe their getting a bigger carpet?

The Arab Trust would not comment.....maybe if it was Rangers related they would have.

Fucking fannies, hopefully it costs a fucking fortune to rectify or better still finishes them for good.

Although we have had some great victories up there, Tannadice has always been the worst, most uncomfortable stadium in Scotland for me - an absolute shit hole if ever there was one.

Bears have been saying for years that Tannadice is a death trap. From the narrow exits to the shite seats.

“That would be a disaster for the club itself financially, not only for the loss of ticket sales but also the cost to repair of course."

They would only lose ticket sales for the derby games against Dundee.

Their stadium hasn't been more than half full for years, so closing a stand would make no difference whatsoever most weeks.
But isn't that where they eat their hospitality ingin pehs?

Not now Thompson is away. They're on their own.
No special relationship existed. Since 2012, Liewell has stripped them of their best players for buttons, watched them get relegated, lent Hibs & Livi their rejects & lifted not a finger to restructure Utd back into the top flight. In short, tossed them away like a used wipe. Which is what the are.

Last edited:
Back