The Cry was No Surrender, The reality is something quite different, 30/12 looming

westenclosurebear

One game at a time I know.

But .......

If someone was giving you a £1k bet double, predict results for the next 2 matches, where would you place your bet?

I can see us picking up 1 point maximum at home and losing heavily to them. And I mean by 5 or 6 away to them.

We are a shambles, they’ll be looking to kick on after losing to Hearts and turn us over. I don’t see much by way of defence.

And they play a full 30 hours before us in midweek and we’ve got Beaton on Wednesday as ref.

Think we will lose them both. Our home form has been shocking- seen nothing to make me think this will change, and the Tims will be out to give us a doing

Fully expect “that’s the spirit” and “no surrender mate eh?” BUT they smelly cunts will pump us next week. I’ll be there in full voice but if we play like we did today then it’ll be a very long afternoon.

We will lose both. The scum will win comfortably but donthink it will be by more than 3. Can’t see Murty surviving beyond Feb. Not his fault but he is not a manager. The board and players 100% to blame

Wednesday could go either way. Yes we're shite but so are most other teams in the league. So we aren't going to lose every game.

We will however obviously lose next weekend. Hopefully it's not by more than 3.

I am thinking damage limitation v them, maybe 2 or 3 goal defeat. Not confident about Motherwell, particularly at Ibrox.
Murty will not make it until the end of season. Today's standards simply will not be tolerated much longer.

We will win convincingly midweek giving us false hope then get skelped off the horrors.

I've seen this film before.

next week at the piggery aint gonna be pretty that's for sure,, its going to be a helluva long 90 minutes,, the vast majority of which will see us pinned back and hardly able to get out our own half,,,how heavily we lose,, that's up to how much damage the mentally challengeds want to do to us,,the last couple of games they have beaten us comfortably in second gear

I can remember finishing fourth or even fifth in the league every season. Early and mid eighties. But were always able to give THEM a game. Even giving them a scudding here and there. 84 league cup final being a particular favourite. Gers fans going potty as super put us ahead almost on half time. Now we are happy if we can keep it down to 3-0 . Been giving it serious thought what the difference is between then and now and all I can see is the complete lack of RANGERS men from boardroom to management and of course on the park.

Fingers crossed we beat Motherwell (christ that’s depressing).

We’re not coming away from the shitpit with anything next week though, not a fucking hope in hell.

1 point from 6 for me...season over. Board gave up.
Too right they did. Robertson’s interview yesterday confirmed it with the slip of the tongue about having the Scottish cup still to play for, before quickly mentioning the league.

We will lose both games,Motherwell know they have the mentality to beat us we have a terrified and weak minded squad of habitual losers,The fhilth are just far better all over the park that's the reality.

Motherwell are in the worst form of any team in the league. If they take points from Ibrox I don't know if I'll be back this season.

Wouldn't be surprised if we don't win another game under Murty including the Scottish cup tie in January 2018.

Our opponents won 7-0 today. I know it's 5th division and it was against 9 men but Annan, Stirling Albion and Peterhead doesn't seem that long ago.

I’m happy to remain positive for the Motherwell game as they’ve only 1 point from a possible 15 and that gained from a penalty today.

I still reckon we need our better players got people are forgetting the experience we are lacking and if and when we do get those players back we can start winning more games.
I said Aberdeen were no great shakes before we played them twice and was proved correct and that mob are not that good either no reason why we can’t get a draw next Saturday.

Motherwell are in disarray after their maulings v the Trhamps. Easy 3 v them and then Walter to lock Murty in a room again for 3 hours to get us a draw at The Piggery.

I can see us beating Murderwell and getting humped by them. Hopefully Murty resigns after that and we get someone in to salvage the season.

I can see us scraping a win against Motherwell. As for the scum, their support is rubbing their hands at the thought of the game. It’s sickening to think that they look fitter and more determined than us. Irrespective of the fact that they have spent a lot more in building their squad there is no excuse for not matching at least their fitness and aggression.

I didn't expect much from the Sheep double header and we got 6 out of 6, maybe we'll get some sort of Christmas miracle and bag another 6 :D

I can see us scraping a win against Motherwell. As for the scum, their support is rubbing their hands at the thought of the game. It’s sickening to think that they look fitter and more determined than us. Irrespective of the fact that they have spent a lot more in building their squad there is no excuse for not matching at least their fitness and aggression.

Exactly, we are miles behind in areas that cost nothing. That is unforgivable.

That gubbing they took at Tynecastle proved what we already knew after their European skelpings, that their defence is more than a tad vulnerable, however, the early indications are that it’s prompted Brenda to reorganise their central defence, and the Scandinavian kid seems to have stiffened them up a bit. Looks like he will start v us.
That issue aside, their middle to front players are the main worry. Brown has owned our midfield in the past few head to head with us, and someone needs to stifle his influence. Tav will also need to be stronger defensively, to keep Sinclair quiet.
No idea who their striker will be but Alves is likely to be tasked with the marking job. That being the case, I hope it’s Dembele who starts. I think he is easier to read than Griffiths.

GM has to adopt the “ in their face” tactics that Levein used, but once the players cross that white line they need to man up and accept responsibility.

My head says we will lose by a couple but if, a big if, 6/7 of our players have a good game, we might sneak something.

I’ll fear the worst but hope for the best.

54 years as a Gers supporter now and I never thought that I would think or have to say this but I really fear that their so called record win against us in 1957 (I won't even state the score) could equalled or even bettered by them in some of the forthcoming games especially next week. I always stood by the old adage, since the 60's, that to some extent 'form goes out the window' in 'old firm' games. We have won games against them when not expected to and vice- versa for the mhanks. However, this time around I don't get that 'sense' that this team and management can turn what is a special game around despite a loss of form. Even in the mid to late 60's we ran them very close. We had some close results against them in early 80's despite that being a difficult era. Against O'Neill's hammer throwers we had bad results but I always got the sense that when we got them back to Ibrox we would do them. I have said in the past that 'I would never, ever fear them' but I never thought that I would see the poorest team and management in 60 years as a supporter.

For the first time I can remember I won’t watch on the 30th. I really cannot stomach another day of humiliation whilst Crocker shouts with glee. I’ll keep an eye on the score and should some miracle arise I can always tune in.

Motherwell know how to beat us and will do so again. As for the scum game, I feel like taking a sleeping pill to totally avoid it.

If we can't beat Motherwell we've got big problems. They've been stinking since Moult got injured.

Next Saturday is going to be a long day.

Back