The Cumbrian Derby Tonight

Got it on IFollow, good to see both of them challenging for promotion though been a long time since Barrow won at Brunton Park, United to win 2 0

Over 7000 in there tonight. Might seem like small fry to some but it’s not to be sniffed at for a club in league two. Blues get an average gate of 5000 roughly, more so since Simpson took over for obvious reasons. Promotion would be massive.

Edit - over 9000 fans.

Last edited:
Was there tonight.Simpson has United playing great football and with strikers like Garner and Dennis they could possibly catch Orient
Stevenage are the ones I think, they've got a couple games in hand. Carlisle my new local team for past 6 years and a great place, great fans.

Really hoping they keep this up, they demolished Barrow tonight and Joe Garner survived a Derby :))

Over 7000 in there tonight. Might seem like small fry to some but it’s not to be sniffed at for a club in league two. Blues get an average gate of 5000 roughly, more so since Simpson took over for obvious reasons. Promotion would be massive.
Went there to see them play Doncaster in October. Met up with dad’s mate from his RAF days. Donny got pumped 3 0…highlight a penalty save in the 93rd minute to save it being 4! Got soaked too going to and from the ground! Carisle appears to be a lovely and lively town.

Stevenage are the ones I think, they've got a couple games in hand. Carlisle my new local team for past 6 years and a great place, great fans.

Really hoping they keep this up, they demolished Barrow tonight and Joe Garner survived a Derby :))
Cracking day out at Brunton Park.Loads of food and booze options and the football is good at last

What's the score with Barrow fans, are they favourable towards the Gers, seen a Union Flag from there at Hampden?

Went there to see them play Doncaster in October. Met up with dad’s mate from his RAF days. Donny got pumped 3 0…highlight a penalty save in the 93rd minute to save it being 4! Got soaked too going to and from the ground! Carisle appears to be a lovely and lively town.
It's a great place if you're looking for your Nat King Cole.

What's the score with Barrow fans, are they favourable towards the Gers, seen a Union Flag from there at Hampden?
Loads of Scots live in Barrow working in the Bae Systems yard building submarines. Think the town at one time had an Orange Lodge now folded, a Rangers club now folded and a Paedoe supporters club, not sure if that still exists.

Was down at Newport game 2 weeks ago, a great day out.
65 minutes on train from Central.

Was going to drive down to it last but the weather put me off. Good to see a healthy crowd.

Loads of Scots live in Barrow working in the Bae Systems yard building submarines. Think the town at one time had an Orange Lodge now folded, a Rangers club now folded and a Paedoe supporters club, not sure if that still exists.
Yes used to be a bus run years ago but numbers died down, 7/8 of us still travel up each week, a few more for bigger games but majority either stay in Barrow and watch in the pub or travel home if they are contracting. Tims bus the same I think they still run the odd bus to bigger games.

9600 was the gate. Shows the clubs outwith the top 4 in the SPL up good and proper. Excellent win for the Blues as well.
Carlisle would be the 4th most populous place in Scotland, 25% bigger than the 5th.

When people make silly comparisons between attendances north and south of the border they forget just how fucking small Scotland in in terms of population.

As a percentage of population going to games Scotland far outperforms England.

Glad to hear it's changed since the 80's. Used to be rough as fook.

The statue outside the Carlisle stadium is my wife’s uncle Hugh McIlmoyle voted Carlisle greatest ever player.

WATP
My father knows Hugh, really lovely bloke, my olds have been going since the 60’s home & away.. were at stamford bridge when they beat chelsea to go top of the old first division in 74/75, both still go home & away now retired

They should merge, give most of their stadium to Stevenage and Orient, makes them better etc.
Never going to happen mate

I dont understand why Rangers dont use Carlisle for our youth prospects….. it’s 80-90 mins from Ibrox to Brunton park less on a train…

Reactions: hms
Never going to happen mate

I dont understand why Rangers dont use Carlisle for our youth prospects….. it’s 80-90 mins from Ibrox to Brunton park less on a train…
The bheasts tried this with Celtc Nation so some other shit, but as a suggestion, I’ve always thought this would be a decent shout.

The bheasts tried this with Celtc Nation so some other shit, but as a suggestion, I’ve always thought this would be a decent shout.
I dont think the Bheats were involved? Sure it was just some wealthy expat Declan who lived in America mate… some of their rabid fans used to travel down but thats as far as links went as far as i know

Thankfully they ran out of money and it was a great day for the city of Carlisle when they went bust!

I dont think the Bheats were involved? Sure it was just some wealthy expat Declan who lived in America mate… some of their rabid fans used to travel down but thats as far as links went as far as i know

Thankfully they ran out of money and it was a great day for the city of Carlisle when they went bust!
Happy to be corrected, I thought they had some underhand claw into it

Went last night, quite a few mates who ain't been for a while went as well. Bit of a buzz about the place now, was a good laugh and great seeing so many kids and young lads about. Warwick ain't changed since in 30 years.

Old enough to remember Carlisle being top of the First Division briefly in the mid 70s heady days
My Mum and Dad were regulars in the 70's. They would be at the same spot in the Paddock at 1:30 pm every home game.

Back