The curious case of Marco Negri....

I was pretty cynical when he brought out his book and all of a sudden was interested in Rangers again and thought he'd just disappear again once he'd sold as many copies as possible.

I think he seems like he's maybe had his eyes opened during the promo to what a huge institution he was part of and looks like he genuinely loves still being part of something now that he's retired.

The money probably does play some part in it but I'd much rather someone like him making money in that way than the ex players who make their cash putting their name to shitty articles about us in the press.

Never had a stronger dislike for a former Ranger ever.

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that his antics cost us the ten. Any of these supposed fans who now pander to him on social media should hang their heads in shame.

An absolute joker and a fraud.
This is the road I’m tending to go down. F him.

Once a Ranger always a Ranger we like to say, until threads like these get started and we tear the player in question apart. They always end the same way. Always.

I gather Negri is in Zante with some other bears at the moment and no doubt someone out there will read this negative thread and have a word.

Mccoist, Hateley, Ricksen, Rae, Ferguson, Boyd and countless more have all been ripped apart on here. Every time.

If Negri sells 100 more books between now and forever I would guess he would be lucky to make £50. Not worth the effort for an uncaring chancer surely.

Watching him on the park with Fernando at his benefit match and seeing him on social media with his son talking up Rangers will do me.

PS there are numerous other reasons why we lost the 10 such as
1) Walter announcing he was leaving mid season.
2.) Laudrup downing tools
3.) Gazza going off the rails
4.) Ageing squad ran out of steam
5.) Too many new players integrated at one time (anyone go to the Rangers A v Rangers B)
6.) Negri getting hit in the eye with a squash ball and missing rest of season (I haven’t read his book so don’t know why he never made it back that season or the following ones)

Last edited:
Back