The Day After...

Had some time to think and rewatch the game and i still cannot believe how poor we were...

How can Ross County, Hamilton and all other teams go to Parkhead and not get beaten so badly? There are ways to win and ways to lose - we keep losing the wrong way to them.

How is it we lose 4-0 then two weeks after dont show enough heart, desire and effort (a no surrender attitude) to at least stop the same thing happening OR allowing things to actually get worse!!!

They are not as good as the league suggests - as well all know defensively they are their for the taken (that's why Lustig laughing at us hurts so much as he is so damn poor!). I am not blind to the fact that their front 3 or 4 players are good but not good to the point of winning 4-0 then 5-0.

IF we are to turn things round we need to get the basics such as attitude (which costs nothing by the way), defending correctly and working together in numbers (why did no one shout down Lustig for showing up Murphy??) and only then will we get to 55 or more importantly (right now) stop 10

How could you even put yourself through that again! I'd rather cut my balls off...sadist?

Because Celtic turn of for the magnitude of the Fixture. Rangers bottle it.

The last time we were prepared we went ahead twice and lost to 10 men. That’s had an impact.

Can’t believe you watched that again!

How is it possible for us to have gone into that match with no expectations what so ever and still get let down so badly? I still can’t believe what I witnessed yesterday.

I was doing Kiltwalk yesterday and missed the match.

the goal flashes coming in were horrible to hear. I think I would have taken us throwing the towel in at 2.... which is a shocking state of affairs.

watched the highlights today. at least 3 of the 5 were the result of really appalling defending.

kudos to the bears who stayed to the end. I would otherwise have been amongst you. you have to feel the real lows to enjoy the highs. we will be back, it's just a matter of time. However it seems a long road to redemption right now

Had some time to think and rewatch the game and i still cannot believe how poor we were...

How can Ross County, Hamilton and all other teams go to Parkhead and not get beaten so badly? There are ways to win and ways to lose - we keep losing the wrong way to them.

How is it we lose 4-0 then two weeks after dont show enough heart, desire and effort (a no surrender attitude) to at least stop the same thing happening OR allowing things to actually get worse!!!

They are not as good as the league suggests - as well all know defensively they are their for the taken (that's why Lustig laughing at us hurts so much as he is so damn poor!). I am not blind to the fact that their front 3 or 4 players are good but not good to the point of winning 4-0 then 5-0.

IF we are to turn things round we need to get the basics such as attitude (which costs nothing by the way), defending correctly and working together in numbers (why did no one shout down Lustig for showing up Murphy??) and only then will we get to 55 or more importantly (right now) stop 10

Part of the answer, in addition to this Rangers team being very poor, is that Celtic will also raise their game for an Old Firm fixture, which isn't required against the likes of Ross County and Hamilton. In almost every home game they will feel they can cruise through to a victory and you get some complacency. That's human nature; we respond to meet the challenge ahead of us; there's no need for them to be at full pelt at home to Hamilton. In an Old Firm, the occasion gets the mind focused and the motivation is much higher. It's a different situation.

Because Celtic turn of for the magnitude of the Fixture. Rangers bottle it.

The last time we were prepared we went ahead twice and lost to 10 men. That’s had an impact.

Truth is ,we have a fragile lot in the dressing room and in the dugout.

There is not an ounce of mental toughness to be had amongst them .

Like it or not, that's the bottom line , the loss you refer to smashed them .

We started with better energy than in the semi. I thought if we could weather the storm for first 10 mins we'd get into it.

Yeah.

50 mins gone, 5-0 down. The only consolation is we could be discussing a defeat worse than our 8-1 victory in 1943. Praise for Alnwick, made some great saves
TBH if Foderingham had been in goal I think the score could have been 7 or 8. Alnwick played a blinder and made saves that I don't think Foderingham would have managed.

Part of the answer, in addition to this Rangers team being very poor, is that Celtic will also raise their game for an Old Firm fixture, which isn't required against the likes of Ross County and Hamilton. In almost every home game they will feel they can cruise through to a victory and you get some complacency. That's human nature; we respond to meet the challenge ahead of us; there's no need for them to be at full pelt at home to Hamilton. In an Old Firm, the occasion gets the mind focused and the motivation is much higher. It's a different situation.

Fair assessment there pal - i'd have to agree with you there

Masochist. It's as close as I've come to walking out of watching a game. Up at 5am to see that pish. I really feel for you Bears who have to work with scum supporters. It must have been a brutal day at work.

Back