The day Craig Leven went doolally tap about Mike McCurry at Ibrox

mdingwall

Administrator
Enjoy. :)

MDKnJem.jpg

QK4eXVX.jpg

1GH7Ngj.jpg

Went away to watch the game on youtube, first video I saw was some American coverage but there is one solitary comment from what is clearly Craig Levein's hidden account. Lists every incident that went in Rangers favour including us fielding 5 players that were ineligible for some reason. News to me that one

On the way out of Ibrox that day, the wife phoned to say Rangers had sent me 2 UEFA Final tickets, after I had failed to get any in the first couple ballots and I had then paid almost a grand for a couple.
Meant I could give one to my dad and that him, my son and me all were able to go to the game together. And despite the result, that's why it remains one of the best days of my life.

Did we not get away with one that day, something to do with Weir playing someone onside or something?

The linesman who gave the decision is an East Fife supporter. I heard via people who worked beside him that he was positive when he gave the decision that their player was offside. Apparently McCurry came over to ask him if he was sure about the decision before confirming it with a free kick for us.

Did we not get away with one that day, something to do with Weir playing someone onside or something?
We got away with at least 2 very dodgy decisions that day if it had been us we would have went berserk,but I will say one thing that day Craig levein went round EVERY rangers player shook their hand and wished us luck for the eufa final something that to my k knowledge is never mentioned!

Last edited:
On the way out of Ibrox that day, the wife phoned to say Rangers had sent me 2 UEFA Final tickets, after I had failed to get any in the first couple ballots and I had then paid almost a grand for a couple.
Meant I could give one to my dad and that him, my son and me all were able to go to the game together. And despite the result, that's why it remains one of the best days of my life.
For the only time in my life, I applied for the ballot. I didn't get any tickets. Then Bayern got knocked out and I received two.

Then I got two from Rangers.

Then my Uncle Jim, who used to be assistant manager at Man City phoned to offer me two more for £600 ...

By the time I got back to him they were sold. Anyway, I got 4. Being able to take my Dad like you made it one of the best days of my life - excluding the result.

That's the celtic supporting cheating referee Brines behind Levien. He looks sick,probably because he can't influence the score but he did a couple of weeks before or maybe later when he disallowed a legit goal scored by diamond of aberdeen against celtic thus keeping them top of the league eventually ensuring they would win the league if I remember correctly A couple of days later he said I THOUGHT or more realistically he LIED the ball hit his hand

Last edited:
That's the celtic supporting cheating referee Brines behind Levien. He looks sick,probably because he can't influence the score but he did a couple of weeks before when he disallowed a legit goal scored by diamond of aberdeen against celtic thus keeping them top of the league eventually ensuring they would win the league if I remember correctly
I remember that , nothing whatsoever wrong with Diamond, s goal

That's the celtic supporting cheating referee Brines behind Levien. He looks sick,probably because he can't influence the score but he did a couple of weeks before or maybe later when he disallowed a legit goal scored by diamond of aberdeen against celtic thus keeping them top of the league eventually ensuring they would win the league if I remember correctly A couple of days later he said I THOUGHT or more realistically he LIED the ball hit his hand
Apologies for posting a game the vermin won, but for those who haven't seen this diabolical bit of blatant cheating it's 5:24 into this clip.

Correct and I believe he wore a celtic top at referee training
He was the mould that they made Clancy from.
Remember another tim cheat as well who was a lawyer, conroy. Rangers Should literally have just walked on the park with ten men, save him getting his card out when he was ref.
Dreadful

Remember another tim cheat as well who was a lawyer, conroy. Rangers Should literally have just walked on the park with ten men, save him getting his card out when he was ref.
Dreadful
There was another referee from the same time,Eddie Smith was his name. A relative of phil odonnell and a serving policeman and was the security man for celtic on european trips And strangely enough a celtic supporter. The whole system is polluted and infested with them

The most controversial headline in the papers that day was Celtic's ave attendance at home showing more than 56,000 ;)

There was another referee from the same time,Eddie Smith was his name. A relative of phil odonnell and a serving policeman and was the security man for celtic on european trips And strangely enough a celtic supporter. The whole system is polluted and infested with them
Genuinely can’t remember him. But yes you are bang on the money, they have everything stitched up, when the old papa stood in bellahouston Park telling them to get themselves in positions of power, by f**k they listened to him, and went for it.
Scotland has been in the gutter ever since

You could tell Leveun’s wages were paid by the Thomson family that day. A complete disgrace. It is funny in a way but when you think of the way we were systematically cheated on and off the field that season it’s still difficult to accep what he said.

Andrew Smith was always going to treat it impartially too. Leaving the in-house paper of the filth never necessitated a change in the tone of his copy. A continuing stain on Journalism.

Dreadful
Conroy disallowed a goal for Celtic in the January 2010 old firm game , and was barely seen again.

And what made it worse he was a serving police officer as well
Smith was special. He’s the one that didn’t give us the goal v Hibs Novo scored which was 2 yards over the line.

Dreadful
Dentist I think.

Comical that he gave us one decision for every twenty against and they still throw him over for not overturning his position on the Aluko ‘dive’.

Sorry he was a gp not a lawyer.
He was a gp in east kilbribe. Sure I remember a story about a celtic game at kilmarnock and a lineman took ill before the game and they asked over the tannoy if there was a linesman in the crowd. and sure enough one with a celtic scarf etc introduces himself to a steward or policeman and proceeds to get stripped and runs the line,flags a killie goal off for dodgy offside and makes sure of another celtic win. I was informed by a good scource his name was Drummond and was a member of the celtic/ira bus from the tall cranes in Govan.

Last edited:
I left at half time when we were 2 up to go and queue up to pick up my UEFA Cup Final ticket.

Novo's first in that game was a peach, I was right behind it in the Govan Front.

Still annoys me that he never started in Manchester.

Back