The day has arrived at last lads and lassies. Let's bring it home. Supernatural feeling this morning, 'Tis going to be good.

Feels totally different to 2008. Back then I knew we had an uphill battle to get anything out of the game. But today I’m excited, genuinely optimistic that if the team turn up and play as they can then we can/will win this. I was only 2 months old in 72 so the thought of watching Rangers win a European trophy has been the stuff of fantasy for most of my 59 years but today’s the day it, somehow, becomes reality.

Make it happen, Rangers. For Walter. For Jimmy. For all those fans who have passed during the climb back to the top and aren’t here to see this crowning glory. For all the fans who stuck with the club through the darkest of times & who scrimp and save to buy the season tickets, the strips and the everything else. For the board who pumped money in for years to keep the lights on. For Dave King. And most of all, for yourselves. The players and management who have earned the right for this shot at immortality. Just do it.

Managed to get my shift changed,finish at 14.30,cannae come quick enough!! Every time i'm reading something like this i keep filling up ffs!!

Work will be a fucking shambles today, I’ll probably get sacked and home by lunchtime.
Be as well just getting a few cans open while your there.

I'm working from home. Going to try and stay off the swally until 6:00 but already looks like that will change as folk arriving before then.

not working today but bought a pc, it came damaged and they're collecting it between 8am-6pm. Was going to wander about town before going to my parents, baws.

Feels totally different to 2008. Back then I knew we had an uphill battle to get anything out of the game. But today I’m excited, genuinely optimistic that if the team turn up and play as they can then we can/will win this. I was only 2 months old in 72 so the thought of watching Rangers win a European trophy has been the stuff of fantasy for most of my 59 years but today’s the day it, somehow, becomes reality.

Make it happen, Rangers. For Walter. For Jimmy. For all those fans who have passed during the climb back to the top and aren’t here to see this crowning glory. For all the fans who stuck with the club through the darkest of times & who scrimp and save to buy the season tickets, the strips and the everything else. For the board who pumped money in for years to keep the lights on. For Dave King. And most of all, for yourselves. The players and management who have earned the right for this shot at immortality. Just do it.
I was a newborn in 72. Read your post at first and thought shit, I've lost 10yrs somewhere. :) Brilliant post and exactly how I view it too. 2008 I didn't have any expectations and once we fell behind knew that was it. This is different, we can score against anybody at any time and even losing the first goal doesn't mean it's over. I have genuine belief our name is on the trophy.

I was a newborn in 72. Read your post at first and thought shit, I've lost 10yrs somewhere. :) Brilliant post and exactly how I view it too. 2008 I didn't have any expectations and once we fell behind knew that was it. This is different, we can score against anybody at any time and even losing the first goal doesn't mean it's over. I have genuine belief our name is on the trophy.
Waiting for tonight’s game has added 9 years to my age. That, plus the Seville calculator!

Woke up feeling pretty anxious about it, which isn’t like me these days.

Christ knows if we’ll ever get another crack at this. It feels utterly momentous.

I read Something in bed last night….Frankfurt haven’t lost a game this year in the competition ? That alone has started to give me the jitters

I turned on my car and the Belinda Carlisle Lundstram song was the first thing I heard. I am in Melbourne not Glasgow where I would see why it would be playing. This is a sign. I can’t fucking wait!

Back