The defining moment of the season for you?

Northampton_Loyalist

If you had to pick one, what was the one thing that made you turn around this season and think 'This is different'?

For me, the second OF game. We did not play well but we made it 3 of wins in a row, 2 at their place and you could physically see it suck the life out of them. The manner of it, not doing anything particularly well, just turning up and getting it done, it was a turning point for me and it was the point I thought we were well on our way to the title, even so early on.

If you had to pick one, what was the one thing that made you turn around this season and think 'This is different'?

For me, the second OF game. We did not play well but we made it 3 of wins in a row, 2 at their place and you could physically see it suck the life out of them. The manner of it, not doing anything particularly well, just turning up and getting it done, it was a turning point for me and it was the point I thought we were well on our way to the title, even so early on.

The last old firm win. Definitely

I always felt that January would be a defining month.

When we got to the end of the month still well set in the box seats my optimism and confidence went off the scale (although I'd never have admitted it publicly).

Playing poor against them in January but still winning the game without conceding.

Had a proper old “That’s why we’re Champions” feel to it. You could tell there was a massive psychological shift with both teams and that was them truly back in our shadow.

Them dropping another 12 points in the 6 weeks after that game shows how much it broke them.

McGregor save from thumbeid (tipped onto the post).

They were all over us, that was their best effort of the game - that flies into the top corner then they get an extra boost and our heads probably drop.

It doesn't go in. It's a punch in the gut to them - their luck isn't in and most definitely on our side that day. We regroup and start to get a foothold on the game. Culminating in the winner.

That victory probably hurt them more than any 4 or 5-0 pumping could have.

The first old firm game was absolutely crucial, had we lost that it would have been horrendous, the psychological blow we were able to inflict set us up for the rest of the season, we never looked back and they completely crumbled.

Motherwell last twenty minutes at Ibrox.

Digging that 3 points out screamed champions to me.

Same for me. After St Mirren beat us in the cup it was imperative we bounced back strongly. Going 1-0 behind and then struggling to break Motherwell down was like last season all over again. If we’d dropped points it would have impacted on our mentally and also Celtic’s. Us winning that game was a hammer blow to them.

I was optimistic after the way we completely played them off the pitch in the first Old Firm game. As others have said, the 3-1 turnaround against Motherwell was momentous - because its a game we would not have won in previous years. The game I finally accepted we were winning this was when Alfie got his winner at Easter Road though.

It was our home game where they failed to register a shot on target mate. In the second, at their place, WE failed to register a shot on target. And still won.
?? You still on the drink? First game was at DhimDome and they were shite. No attempts on target. Second game, at Ibrox, they were still shite - but remember Greegs save?

Two points for me. First one was the first game against the scum we went there hardly had to get out of 2nd gear and turned them over comfortably. That was the first defeat they've had against us where there's no international break or winter break where they can regroup and go again. They had a lot of games to go into and they couldn't handle the pressure of chasing us.

Second one for me was Hibs away. January was a huge month for us and if we came out of that unscathed then we knew it was all but over. We got the job done and won the game and you just know they were expecting us to fail again but we didn't.

?? You still on the drink? First game was at DhimDome and they were shite. No attempts on target. Second game, at Ibrox, they were still shite - but remember Greegs save?
I’m convinced it took a deflection, makes it an even better save from McGregor.

3 defining moments for me.

1. 1st old firm, laid down a marker
2. 3-1 Motherwell at Ibrox, under pressure and kept the winning run going
3. Hibs away in Jan - I relaxed a bit after this game with how far in front we were and felt it was only a matter of time before we became champions

Let the good times roll B-D

It's won and lost over a season and I think if various things had gone the other way - even in some run of the mill games - it could have nudged things in a different direction. Similarly all the players - included those much maligned like Barker etc - have contributed too.

However, as others have said, the Motherwell game was the one where I thought unequivocally that we came back and got a result like champions.

Been a few this season, going back as far as the first game at Dolly's place. Opening our season with a win there was massive, as I'm sure that super-computer randomly generated fixture was with a view to us dropping points and playing catch up from day one.

A convincing win at the piggery, then Waltering them at Ibrox.

Bouncing back against Motherwell at Ibrox, off the back of the League Cup defeat and an early goal against Motherwell & trying to break down their 11 man low block.

Pretty much the whole month of January, after various filth mouth pieces were keen to point out this was traditionally our "fuck it up" month. Not this time ............

This. When we turned that game around, especially with the St Mirren defeat just days before, I knew we were winning this thing

Bucking the trend I’d day the cup exit to St Mirren, a slap/wake up call at exactly the right time without any points damage. Focused both manager and team for the remainder of the season

Said it on the match thread at the time that last 20 minutes would define our season. 1-0 down with 20 minutes left 3 days after our only loss of the season in the league cup.

Lose that game and people would be waiting on the wheels coming off given the last couple of seasons. The end to that game showed our attitude was different.

The moment inside our penalty box inside-left zone when Elyounoussi missed a sitter at 0-1 , CG had let the ball elude him and the big man went on to add another . Two goals for a CD in that defining OF game . Superb.

later on it was the two one nil victories over Hibernian . Key points those but I still think it was already happening .

We broke them in the new year derby. They threw absolutely everything at us then hit them with a sucker punch. They thought they had turned a corner and have not recovered since.

They will drop points to Dundee Utd next weekend, I'm sure of it!

Very late for me. Them losing recently to Ross County. They had to drop points after the media were building up again another " unbeaten run ".

100% mate. The doubters were out in force after the cup defeat and the feeling of dread was starting to set in. Think I celebrated more wildly than any other goal this season when big Ced buried the header to put us in front.

Away to Aberdeen after the NY game and winning. I started to settle after this game but I really became content after we beat Hibs away at the end of January. That was a huge result combined with the OF and Aberdeen wins. Games where almost everyone else would have us marked down to drop points in all 3 games

Back