The defining moment of the season for you?

The Motherwell game. After the St Mirren game, it was hard to remain positive during that game after they scored. The longer it went on, the more you thought, aw %^*& here we go again. So when we managed to turn it around it was a massive relief. It wasn't just that we turned it around, it was how we did it: stuck to the game plan and had belief in ourselves.

Last edited:
I really believed this season was ours after the 3-1 game Vrs Motherwell...obviously the 2 victories over them were huge also.

4 moments in this season that screamed champions for me:

Kilmarnock away 1-0
Motherwell home 3-1
Celtic home 1-0
Hibs away 1-0

We didnt play great in these games but still came away with 3 points. That is the difference betwwen this season and seasons past.

Coming back from 1 down v motherwell confirmed that we had it in us. Greegs save is the defining moment for me. They score, we possibly get beat and things could have changed.

The Hibs game was my personal clincher that once it was won, the title would be in the bag.

Hibs away. The Old Firm games and the Motherwell game too. But the Hibs game was into the new year. Time and games were moving on. Although I was still nervous. St Mirren beating them finally made me think we'd win the league.

1-0 at Ibrox .....was a moment when we stretched the lead

but I think while we kept up the momentum their defeat to Ross County all but sealed it.

that was it game over....up to us to finally do it

For me, the 2-0 Old Firm game. I feel like that took the wind out of their sails and they could never quite get any momentum back after that.

Shark week. Showed that they were bricking it from the board straight down to the germ infested supporters.
This for me.
After we had beat them they went from being shite in our eyes to shite in their eyes. They realised they were done that week.
I'm not a betting man but I did stick a fiver on St Johnstone to win at the piggery, ok they drew but that was my mindset at the time. Think that was the night they were chasing buses.

The comeback against Motherwell always felt like the biggest win of the season to me personally.

Just been dumped out of the league cup against St Mirren when we were massive favourites to win the competition, and all the usual questions were being asked of the team, with people branding them "bottlers" for throwing away our easiest chance of a trophy in 10 years. I was a nervous wreck in the week following that defeat & leading up to the Motherwell game. We then went on to concede an early goal in that game, and were toiling to break down their 5-5-0 system for a good hour. Call me a panic merchant all you want, but at that moment, after everything we'd been through, I genuinely felt we were going to let the league slip in the same way we did 12 months prior. Then came the call - Gerrard made the subs, Aribo, Hagi & Itten on - and bang the rest is history. Said to my mate immediately after the final whistle that day "it's different this season". After that win I always felt we'd go on to win the league, and I was proven right. The strength in depth we had that day was different to anything we'd had previously, and for me is the key difference to why we haven't let up once this season. The players have been relentless.

The 2-0 win at the piggery was also absolutely huge as it kicked start their demise and the beginning of our incredible 15 match winning streak. Probably our most important win of the season in actuality, but the Motherwell win just felt more important to me personally.

Might sound stupid, but for me it was Alfie's goal at home to lech poznan. Was a stuffy game, and in recent years we would have panicked. Not this year though, the team trusted and stuck to the gameplan.

I knew we would take some beating after that.

The New Years Old Firm game was the real turning point.

They threw everything and the kitchen sink at us in the first 25 minutes. When that didn't work, they didn't know what was happening and they gradually fell out of the game.

They'd all thought the first Old Firm game of the season was a fluke and it had happened because of players missing due to CoVid. They thought this time they'd breeze this one because we had key players missing in the midfield and they were one player short of full strength.

After the half-time we controlled the territory, controlled the pace and got Morelos through 1-on-1 until one of their defenders rugby tackled him down for the most obvious red card you will ever see.

After that, we scored and we controlled the game.

After the game it seems like the reality of the situation hit them like a brick wall. They went on to make a run of decisions that can be best described as "insane" and collapsed, their form dived off a cliff and whilst it took a while for some of the dross to beat them, the draws they kept getting were like body blows and everyone at their club completely lost the plot.

Even more pleasing was that's the game where their fans went from shouting about games in hand/swings in points to get 'the ten', back to their normal 90's/00's mentality of screaming that the world is against them.

Meanwhile, we knew that if we were able to keep our nerve and continued to put away the dross every week then we would get it over the line.

First Old Firm game for me.

They’d started the season well and we absolutely destroyed them that day. Don’t think they’ve recovered since tbh.

Their subsequent issues both on and off the field have them made the season more enjoyable. Long may it continue.

Two points for me. First one was the first game against the scum we went there hardly had to get out of 2nd gear and turned them over comfortably. That was the first defeat they've had against us where there's no international break or winter break where they can regroup and go again. They had a lot of games to go into and they couldn't handle the pressure of chasing us.

Second one for me was Hibs away. January was a huge month for us and if we came out of that unscathed then we knew it was all but over. We got the job done and won the game and you just know they were expecting us to fail again but we didn't.
If you look at the results post the first Old Firm game, that completely derailed their season. They fucked nearly every competition in the run immediately after that.

October 17th was pivotal for both us and Them.

We dominated them yet hardly had to get out of second gear. Many of their support claimed at the time we didn't play particularly well but we controlled the game from 1st whistle to last. If we didn't play well, and we have played better against them under Gerrard, the damning thing for them is that we didn't have to.

They were unable to cope with our slight change in tactics for both Borna and Tav. They had no idea how to change their own game plan whilst we stuck to ours.

The game could have been stopped after Goldson's first goal such was the confidence our players had.

If you had to pick one, what was the one thing that made you turn around this season and think 'This is different'?

For me, the second OF game. We did not play well but we made it 3 of wins in a row, 2 at their place and you could physically see it suck the life out of them. The manner of it, not doing anything particularly well, just turning up and getting it done, it was a turning point for me and it was the point I thought we were well on our way to the title, even so early on.
Motherwell 3-1 at Ibrox was massive! Especially after the midweek defeat at St Mirren.The team showed some resilience to pull it out in the last 20 mins! Gerrard's reaction at FT said it all.

October 17th was pivotal for both us and Them.

We dominated them yet hardly had to get out of second gear. Many of their support claimed at the time we didn't play particularly well but we controlled the game from 1st whistle to last. If we didn't play well, and we have played better against them under Gerrard, the damning thing for them is that we didn't have to.

They were unable to cope with our slight change in tactics for both Borna and Tav. They had no idea how to change their own game plan whilst we stuck to ours.

The game could have been stopped after Goldson's first goal such was the confidence our players had.

The reaction to the 2-0 win this season compared to the 2-1 win there last December was also crucial to me. After the 2-1 win, Gerrard, the staff & players were all jumping around celebrating like we'd won the league.

After the 2-0 win this season when we just cruised it and controlled the entire game, there was an air of "this is what we expected" and "just keep going about our business". Call me daft, but in my eyes that difference in attitude contributed to us maintaining our form for so long, and must have been demoralising for the mentally challengeds after they'd just been completely bossed at their own ground for 90 minutes.

There have been numerous days that mapped us out as champions but it all started with the summer. Bringing in Roofe and Itten and not letting Buff leave was a message. Our squad is far better than there's now.

The 3-1 win over Motherwell at home was huge. It had a “here we go again” feel about it after the league cup defeat, but we dug it out and the squad took massive confidence from it.

The second old firm was also massive as we took their best shot in the first 20/25 minutes, weathered the storm and found a way to win.

There are plenty of other ones we can point at as well. The mentality and resilience of this squad has been excellent this season.

I think the Motherwell game for the fans wad huge because a lot wee beginning to panic, but I think the one that broke the mentally challengeds was the new year game

Not even a league game, but recovering from the early setback away to Benfica set the tone of this season for me.

First old firm was massive and I thought we won that in a canter,the second one though not as convincing sucked whatever fight they had, especially as we weren't at our best. How many of us,being honest now believed we'd ever go on this amazing run, especially after last season. I didn't expect them to collapse the way they have also.

1st old firm game was a huge momentum turner and by the manner on how we outplayed them physiologically without really coming out of 2nd gear, sowed the seeds of doubt and gave us the catalyst to go on an amazing run (still going on!)!

Motherwell last twenty minutes at Ibrox.

Digging that 3 points out screamed champions to me.

This after losing to St Mirren midweek and a long list of tough fixtures coming up we couldn’t let it snow ball and the anxiety from that game amongst our support was horrific.

That is one of the games I am really glad we never had a full Ibrox for.

I really hope our attitude of the home support changes when we go back or do we think this is just engrained in season ticket holders to moan and get anxious when we are getting beat or not winning and missing chances by 60 minutes.

It has its pro’s and con’s but I don’t know if the team would’ve been given the patience that was required in that game with a full house.

Is it the 0-2 win at The Piggery or the 3-1 won versus motherwell ?? Nope ..im goin for the moment Roofe worked his magic with THAT goal , different tourney but i just knew Gers are gonna win the league after that goal !! Wow ⬜

Rather than a moment, the two away games against St Johnstone and St Mirren (Hibs sandwiched in between) in December done it for me.

0-0 with Livingston for me.

From that game he knew he couldn't play Jack and Kamara in the same team against the 'low block'
An interesting look at it.

Biggest turning point of the season? Probably not, but we’ve certainly not seen too many repeats of that since.

I am so pessimistic but beating them at The Piggery gave me a real belief that we were a different animal this season. Couple that with them scraping wins and people desperately trying to dress that up as the sign of champions when in fact they were just a mixture of utter rubbish and being very fortunate.
Beating an ultra negative Motherwell at Ibrox after going 1 down made me think the team had what it takes mentally, again that was something that was missing last season.
Lastly, beating them at New Year when we weren't that great was a hammer blow for them and a massive boost for us.

The fact we didn't play particularly well at the Piggery, they were shit and we got the job done.

I've seen us play better and lose.

If you had to pick one, what was the one thing that made you turn around this season and think 'This is different'?

For me, the second OF game. We did not play well but we made it 3 of wins in a row, 2 at their place and you could physically see it suck the life out of them. The manner of it, not doing anything particularly well, just turning up and getting it done, it was a turning point for me and it was the point I thought we were well on our way to the title, even so early on.

Beating Celtic without having a shot on target.

When Kent scored, first game of the season. Not kidding either. Supremely confident we'd win the league before a ball was even kicked this season. Then spent what felt like 4 months repeatedly saying, and getting shouted down, that they wouldn't win all their games in hand, nvm all their other games, and we would walk the league.

Back