The defining moment of the season for you?

There have been a fair few challenges thrown down to this team since August. They have faced and defeated every one.

The defining moment for me was surely beating them at the piggery. With plenty to spare, it should be remembered. Everyone knew we were the real deal by then, especially when added to our EL performances to that point.
Timmy shat his pants after that too. We got better.

McGregor save from thumbeid (tipped onto the post).

They were all over us, that was their best effort of the game - that flies into the top corner then they get an extra boost and our heads probably drop.

It doesn't go in. It's a punch in the gut to them - their luck isn't in and most definitely on our side that day. We regroup and start to get a foothold on the game. Culminating in the winner.

That victory probably hurt them more than any 4 or 5-0 pumping could have.
I think we're gonna see if that's true very soon. Don't see our boys being happy until said humping is dished out. It'll happen this year.
We're going to be operating at our peak with the EL games ahead. At a level way higher than the rudderless, demoralised scum.
Rest assured, we're gonna hurt them some more.

Itten goal against motherwell at Ibrox in December to put us 2-1 up.

Immediately after going out league Cup in paisley, our season could have spiralled had we failed to take 3 points.

Not a moment but even at the start of the season I looked ahead and saw how difficult our fixtures were in December and January, staggering that we only dropped two points and truly the mark of Champions.

As others have said the Motherwell game amongst that run stands out, especially on the back of our only defeat and wanting to see how we’d react.

Perseverance and digging deep for those 3pts against Motherwell at Ibrox.

That was the first game after St Mirren knocked us out the cup, and it felt like the whole country was wanting the wheels to come off the bus with games versus Hibs x2, mentally challengeds and the sheep coming up within the next 4-5wks

The last 20mins to secure the 3pts in that game was massive and a real season defining point imo. Even moreso after our bad result against St Mirren only a few days earlier.

Motherwell last twenty minutes at Ibrox.

Digging that 3 points out screamed champions to me.

This for me as well.

Felt like a real turning point where we were no longer a team who ran out of ideas and dropped points like that at home.

0-0 with Livingston for me.

From that game he knew he couldn't play Jack and Kamara in the same team against the 'low block'
I said at the time, that this result (when we looked back) would have defined our season IF we did not learn from it and try something different to win games.

From the very next game (Killie?) Davis, and to a lesser degree Goldson, started providing a far better range of passing. We took more risks, moved the ball quicker. Forgot about retain, retain, retain and developed into the game we are playing now with better movement, speed, long shots and runs into the box.

I think this WAS the game that set is on this path. We learned a lot from this dissapointment.

Motherwell at home is a great shout. On the back of the St Mirren defeat, not winning that game could have done some serious damage.

A lot of good observations in the thread.

I think the first game against them at the Piggery was vital.

They had nothing in response to Rangers taking the game to them but it should also be recognised that Rangers barely got out of second gear that day, they didn’t have to.
Celtic collapsed at the sight of a half decent Rangers team taking the game to them and IMO it gave Rangers the encouragement to keep on doing what they had been doing, it also ha

Honestly, I think it was the Dubai fiasco and their falling apart after that where I finally thought there was no coming back for them and that we were just pushing on.

Was always a case of having to get through that early New year spell where we've fallen off the last couple of seasons and they've found their form to my mind.

Seeing us just focus and keep going while they jus imploded showed me the whole thing had properly changed.

If you had to pick one, what was the one thing that made you turn around this season and think 'This is different'?

For me, the second OF game. We did not play well but we made it 3 of wins in a row, 2 at their place and you could physically see it suck the life out of them. The manner of it, not doing anything particularly well, just turning up and getting it done, it was a turning point for me and it was the point I thought we were well on our way to the title, even so early on.
October 17th and the month of January. Superb and a real boost to my confidence we are lifting 55

If you had to pick one, what was the one thing that made you turn around this season and think 'This is different'?

For me, the second OF game. We did not play well but we made it 3 of wins in a row, 2 at their place and you could physically see it suck the life out of them. The manner of it, not doing anything particularly well, just turning up and getting it done, it was a turning point for me and it was the point I thought we were well on our way to the title, even so early on.
If you want just a moment, then the save from Griffiths at Ibrox.

Probably when we beat Hibs at Easter Road in January and they lost to St. Mirren a couple of days later.

Up until then I was still wary of our falling away in the new year again, but those two results more or less convinced me that wasn’t happening and it was pretty much done and dusted.

The Ibrox game against them , losing that just ripped the heart out of them. It convinced me the title was ours.

Killie away proved we wouldn’t Chuck it after an old firm win as we’ve done before. But I think Motherwell at home has to be the season definer in terms of perception of this team.

The two defining moments for me are, Motherwell at home in December. One down with twenty minutes to go. We pulled it out the bag. That was the moment I knew it was different this year. That's when I knew we weren't going to be bogged down in the mire that was January/February.

Full confirmation was beating them at Ibrox despite us under performing. We hadn't done that in such a long time. Normally when we beat them of late, we out played and out worked them. I knew after that game we weren't going to mess it up.

Last edited:
Not this season per se but I think the whole vote scandal and handing them the league last year instilled a determination in the management and squad to right that wrong.

Big Connor's double against the bheasts. A dominant display, really let them know their days were numbered. While Officer Doofy rolled about on the deck. Lovely.

Beating them in January.

They'd found some form - laughing at the back - everyone of us was worried about January. Little did we know...

Looked like it might not have been our day. Greegs keeps us in it early and we find a way to win.

Gave us a huge kick on and we've rarely looked back.

First Old Firm of the season. A much needed 'putting down a marker' performance. We showed them up that day for what exactly they are... pish! That set the wheels in motion for their own fans' backlash and everything thereafter.

Sure, the was far from over that day - but I dread to think what would've happened if we didn't win that first derby.

For me there's 5 games I look back on and say they were massive results.
Celtic 0 Rangers 2
Kilmarnock 0 Rangers 1
Rangers 3 Motherwell 1
Rangers 1 Celtic 0
Hibs 0 Rangers 1

The 5-0 win at home against Ross county that confirmed we were the real deal and the league was ours.

Lots of season defining moments has put us in the position we’re in.

I mind standing up in my living room, screaming at the tele like a madman, desperate for us to hold the fort at Killie when we were getting bombarded.

The feeling I had when we won that game was amazing, it was a game we’d have without doubt dropped points in last season.

But we showed we could win ugly, and be consistent at any ground in Scotland.

The turnaround vs Motherwell at Ibrox. Winning that game 3-1 having just got beat off at Mirren and having been 1 down to Motherwell for over an hour

Itten's goal to make it 2-1 v Motherwell at Ibrox felt like the most significant in terms of the team showing the character required. That's the moment I stated to believe.

Killie away - a game we would have lost 12 months previously - but dug in and ground out the victory.

When Kent scored, first game of the season. Not kidding either. Supremely confident we'd win the league before a ball was even kicked this season. Then spent what felt like 4 months repeatedly saying, and getting shouted down, that they wouldn't win all their games in hand, nvm all their other games, and we would walk the league.
I wish I could be more like you, must be nice to be positive
I always expect the worse

It’s maybe not the most obvious one but for me it was the Aberdeen game in the new year. At that stage we were 19 points in from but they have 3 games in hand.
Going up there after the old firm win it was vital that we got the win to keep up the pressure and I think winning that really dented their hopes. Likewise the game against hibs at the end of January was massive

First OF game. Knew from last seasons games we had finally not only matched but surpassed them.
It was important that we started this season in that same position. That win was the marker. We finally knew that we could do the 55. Our only fear was our usual January collapse. Instead it was those daft chunts that did. B-)

Two for me:

Beating Kilmarnock in our first away game after winning 0-2 at Parkhead.

Digging out the win against Motherwell, after being 1 down until late on.

In previous seasons we faltered in both these games.

I remembered how nervy we all were ahead of that Killie game. Amidst all the questions over our ability to keep going into the winter months. It was a tight game. But the lads got it over the line with minimum fuss.

The bottle we showed to break that horrible Motherwell team down was new. Just no way we were turning that around in previous seasons.

Motherwell game, coming back from being behind. Just knew after that. Resilient, ruthless, formidable...winners.

1st game at the piggery. I go into every game against them thinking we'll win. That day I thought, Jesus we're miles better than them and it's not even close.

I wish I could be more like you, must be nice to be positive
I always expect the worse
Tbh this season has exceeded even my positive outlook (along with Tailwind I'm probably the biggest 'happy Clapper' on here lol) with the only black spot being the cup loss. Even then it was a pretty makeshift team we had out that night and we just didn't click, these matches happen. Lots of key matches have been highlighted in the thread but I was super positive going into all of them. Only match I've been nervous about all season was Antwerp the other night and as I said in the match thread at the time, I had no rational explanation for it. B-)

1st OF game at the Mhank Dome with no shots on target and a defender scoring both goals. The rot was cemented in then and from that day they struggled with the pressure we heaped on them.

There has been so many different points that have contributed to where we are today.

- Dominant first OF win.
- Winning the 2nd OF game when not playing great in the game.
- Digging out the 3-1 vs Motherwell.
- 1 nil away to Killie.
- 2-1 away to Dundee utd.
- Our points secured across a tricky run in Dec and Jan.
- Big Shane Duffy at the back B-)

Impossible to say 1 particular things.

McGregor save from Griffiths. Did more damage to them than helped us as our form was not great so January games were critical. Europe has renewed our drive and will help us overcome the injuries and finish off with a swagger. McGregor & Tav been on a mission! SG has gone from strength to strength this season.

I remember thinking after Tav’s goal against Galatasaray that we are a proper football team and would take some stopping. The ease with which we won at the piggery really confirmed our superiority over them. However my coming back to beat Motherwell after the St Mirren loss was perhaps the moment when it felt things had changed from previous years. The month of January confirmed this.

Second OF game for me. We weren't at our best, the ref allowed the scum to kick us everytime we got on the ball, and the scum gave us the best they had going forward... Rangers were still victorious.

Back