The defining moment of the season for you?

The 2-0 Goldson game destroyed them psychologically. We went to their midden and dismantled them without them getting a shot on target, then strolled off their potato field as nonchalantly as we had just played a training game.
That broke them, and it was downhill all the way for them afterwards.

Tbh this season has exceeded even my positive outlook (along with Tailwind I'm probably the biggest 'happy Clapper' on here lol) with the only black spot being the cup loss. Even then it was a pretty makeshift team we had out that night and we just didn't click, these matches happen. Lots of key matches have been highlighted in the thread but I was super positive going into all of them. Only match I've been nervous about all season was Antwerp the other night and as I said in the match thread at the time, I had no rational explanation for it. B-)
Seriously no nerves? What about old firm. games? Wish I could get some therapy or something so I could actually enjoy being a rangers supporter a bit more!

Yeah, it's been a really wierd year lol. Past 2 seasons I've been hopeful and remained positive despite our numerous setbacks but stressed going into every game. This season, right from preseason tbh, it just felt totally different to me (squad depth, tactical changes, quality of play, desire, focus, hunger, humility, determination - it was all evident) and I've watched the games with anticipation, expectation and excitement rather than blind hope. Their implosion obviously helped settle any residual nerves too but we weren't losing out on this title whether they were dire or on top form. Still can't explain Thursday though, was pacing up and down my lounge like a demented cat before it. B-)

If you had to pick one, what was the one thing that made you turn around this season and think 'This is different'?

For me, the second OF game. We did not play well but we made it 3 of wins in a row, 2 at their place and you could physically see it suck the life out of them. The manner of it, not doing anything particularly well, just turning up and getting it done, it was a turning point for me and it was the point I thought we were well on our way to the title, even so early on.
Dubai , make no mistake even on Jan 2nd it was not over. Also with us drawing at Motherwell and Hamilton , if they had come back fighting , it would not have been over in March

First old firm win, that layed down the marker while they never had a shot on goal!

Roofes goal from halfway

See when shit like that happens you know things are turning in you're favour

That doesn't happen on a bad run to anyone

Tbh this season has exceeded even my positive outlook (along with Tailwind I'm probably the biggest 'happy Clapper' on here lol) with the only black spot being the cup loss. Even then it was a pretty makeshift team we had out that night and we just didn't click, these matches happen. Lots of key matches have been highlighted in the thread but I was super positive going into all of them. Only match I've been nervous about all season was Antwerp the other night and as I said in the match thread at the time, I had no rational explanation for it. B-)
Glad to see when people remember me it’s not only for the bad.

Ha ha

I don’t see us as happy clappers, just realists. ;)B-)

The 20 minute comeback at home to Motherwell. Just off the back of the st mirren cup game. Many of us (including myself) doubted this teams bottle at that point. Massive massive victory!

Would’ve completely deflated the Celtic squad

I couldn't pick a defining moment or game but coming out of the first quarter of fixtures with a 4 point lead having been to Parkhead, Pittodrie, Easter Road and Livingston must have given the team real confidence.

We've never looked back at them since knowing it was all about what we did.

1-0 v Killie at Rugby Park on 1st November, Tav penalty about 20 mins in. We held on and won a game we'd have drawn or lost last season. That was the point, at least secretly in my own head, I knew that we'd win the league.
Same as me

Getting ahead, staying ahead and just handling it the way we did. It felt big when it was happening live for me and it was the moment I truly believed we were going to win the league.

Beating Motherwell 3 1 . Losing with 15 minutes to go, I don't want to think what Ibrox would have been like with 50k there.
I personally think no crowds have helped us.

I genuinely can’t narrow it down to just one.

First Old Firm felt massive at the time. I think we all felt we were a far better side than them but seeing it laid bare was a big moment for me. Them dropping points vs the sheep the next weekend solidified this one.

Motherwell 3-1 at Ibrox for the reasons mentioned by others. Big test of character which we came through. Absolute nailed on 1-1 draw in the past couple of seasons.

1-0 win vs them at Ibrox for obvious reasons, followed up by our win at Pittodrie and them drawing at home to Hibs the next night. That was the night I was absolutely certain we’d win it.

Realising that our McGregor’s save from thumbheid + their McGregor’s own goal = our time.

If you had to pick one, what was the one thing that made you turn around this season and think 'This is different'?

For me, the second OF game. We did not play well but we made it 3 of wins in a row, 2 at their place and you could physically see it suck the life out of them. The manner of it, not doing anything particularly well, just turning up and getting it done, it was a turning point for me and it was the point I thought we were well on our way to the title, even so early on.
Same here.
Before a ball was kicked I thought they had their 10.
Massive turning point that match

A week after we beat Celtic 2-0, their "remarkable powers of recovery" saw them take the lead at Pittodrie from 1-0 and 2-1 down before conceding a last minute penalty to draw 3-3.

Rangers then beat Livingston 2-0 later that day to go at least 3 points ahead (6 having played a game more).

We had previously seen Celtic up their game after an Old Firm defeat, while Rangers had failed to capitalise on opportunities in the last few seasons.

The signs were there before but for me it just felt on this day that Rangers were the team you could trust and Celtic were in a fragile Mowbray/Barnes state.

First Old Firm game for me.

If they'd won that day, they would've been 5 points ahead of us, if they won their games in hand.

However, we pished all over them and it was clear to me then, that they didn't have the quality of player, or squad depth, to compete with us over a season.

That was exactly how it turned out, as they then started regularly shipping points.

Motherwell at Ibrox.

First game after losing to st Mirren in the cup and a proper dig out for 3 points - was massive

The month of January - rather than one game.
We blew it last time around and it was a huge monkey off our back, the press were ready to push a narrative and apply pressure. We ground out results and from then we haven't looked backwards.

Motherwell at Ibrox I was sitting in my living room thinking to myself ‘plz not again’ when big ced the ted scored I went nuts.

It’s a toss up between the home win against Motherwell and the win at Easter Road. They were convinced we were capitulating in December and January. These two wins drove nails into their coffin.

I think the defining moment for this season actually happened last season when we went to Dubai and messed up when we got back! Everyone learned something and it changed our mentality to keep going and see it didn't happen again! Yes for me our manager and team learned quickly from that collapse and it has made them stronger! That sir was the pivotal moment for us!

Back