The delay hasn't helped board...

Earl of Leven

Official Ticketer
....imho they had three ideas:

1. McInnes as fall back...he'd definitely come, blah blah.
2. Bound to get superb CV in...give it time.
3. Let's approach a 'big name' and talk him into it, play on loyalty etc

It's my belief, maybe wrong, that everything has fallen through. No cv, no positive response, and Del pissed off and refusing to come...

I'd be shocked if anyone named pre AGM was anywhere near a top choice....

ive mentioned this before but some poster, cant mind who, said the board had set a deadline of the 5th December. This was a few weeks ago and he was mocked for it but the longer this goes he might be right.

The board better have a right good reason for this delay.

If the board cannot land McInnes, they are in no way, shape or form capable of running Rangers.

This is a Rangers fan, who would get a significant pay rise, bigger budget and be able to move Home.
Do the board want mcinnes as there appears to have been no approach to him from us.

There's no unanimous choice and McInnes hasn't been approached in any way. Nobody has.

That's what's most infuriating. We still don't know who we want and the season dies in eight days.

Sitting back and looking at it I think they thought murty was good enough to take us till the end of the season at least, that’s clearly not the case and this has backfired massively as they didn’t consider it wouldn’t work. Now we’re weeks down the line and don’t seem to be anywhere near installing a good enough replacement.

There should always be a shortlist of managers we want at any given time not just when we don’t have a manager it’s not hard to keep up this is why we have so many staff, yet here we are asking for cv’s for which should be one of the most prestigious jobs in football. A shambles.

Get board in room. Lock door. Draw up manager shortlist. Approach guy at top of list and appoint him.

Who you or me want is irrelevant. I can't fûcking grasp why the above has not already happened. We are an absolute farce of a club at the minute.

The shortlist should have already been in place before Caixinha left the building.

Last week and last night is down to neglect on the boards part and nothing else.

It's my belief, maybe wrong, that everything has fallen through. No cv, no positive response, and Del pissed off and refusing to come...

I think we'll settle for, god forbid, McLeish on an 18/24 month deal

It's my belief that the board's idea of a manager is very different from that of Mark Allen's.

There is no leadership being shown here. Who will pull the trigger on the selection ? Is it the DoF or is it the board ? Why have their been no updates in 30 days except Traynor sticking his two fingers up to the press ? Why has King not released a statement like he did last time explaining why the decision to sack Pedro was made ? Why has Stewart Robertson not let it be known what the hell is going on ?

Show up. Sit down. Shut Up. Fúck off home. They are treating us like nobodies right now.

IMO they don't have a clue where to turn

i reckon we'll end up with mcleish, slight improvement made and nowhere near where we need to be and they chuck it, The Board that is

then what happens? are we completely clear of spiv bastards at this stage?

I suppose it depends on the reason for the delay.

If we secure a well-regarded, above-expectation manager, then patience will have been justified.

If it's because we're inept and we end up with McLeish, then God help us.

If there’s not a new manager in by Wednesday then it’s a clear indication that the board have given up on the season.

Fans aren’t stupid, many will also follow that line of thinking.

Like it or lump it, it’s got to be McInnes.

ive mentioned this before but some poster, cant mind who, said the board had set a deadline of the 5th December. This was a few weeks ago and he was mocked for it but the longer this goes he might be right.

The board better have a right good reason for this delay.

Or what? We continue to be shite? They’ve already made an arse of it, but unless you’v got the dough to replace them then they don’t need to offer an excuse. I get every bit as frustrated as any other fan but ultimately there’s nothing I can do to change things.

I'm assuming they have have a good reason for what has happened in recent weeks ( if there is not a good reason then we really do have a problem ). Therefore we should expect by the end of this coming week to know a lot more about what is happening. This needs fixed urgently.
One thing for sure, we need a very strong personality as manager, who will then put together a very strong team. A Rangers team and management that takes no shit of anyone, stops gabbing crap to the press, and shows the fans that they will do their talking on the park from now on. Hard as nails too, we are being pushed around far too much.
The manager needs to build this club up and be here for the long haul. A manager that wants to make himself a legend at Ibrox. It's the board's vital task right now to get the right man.
This week is going to be very interesting.

Sitting back and looking at it I think they thought murty was good enough to take us till the end of the season at least, that’s clearly not the case and this has backfired massively as they didn’t consider it wouldn’t work. Now we’re weeks down the line and don’t seem to be anywhere near installing a good enough replacement.

There should always be a shortlist of managers we want at any given time not just when we don’t have a manager it’s not hard to keep up this is why we have so many staff, yet here we are asking for cv’s for which should be one of the most prestigious jobs in football. A shambles.

Murty isn't good enough to take the players for an ice cream.

Nothing against the guy personally as he seems likeable enough but he's way out of his depth and I don't know how the fûck it's just starting to dawn on people that that's the case.

He was a car crash last season and he's a car crash again this season. Somehow our board can't react to deal with that fact though.

As I said above, the blame lies with the board and their negligence, not Murty.

Reactions: SDF
Or maybe they are skint and can’t afford 800k to pay the sheep who are playing hardball and won’t take instalments.
this is the nail on the head ,along with not wanting his backroom staff ,Rangers trying to do everything on the cheap = fucking shambles

If there’s not a new manager in by Wednesday then it’s a clear indication that the board have given up on the season.

I’d have no issue with it being McInnes.

My gripe would be why it wasn’t done sooner, rather than waiting until we’ve fallen further behind the mob he currently manages.

Darren Gough made a great point last night on Talksport.

He was talking about the Everton situation and asked why teams have scouts all over the world looking at players that the teams will pay good money for and they don’t have scouts looking at up and coming managers as well.

A great point.

Nothing against the guy personally as he seems likeable enough but he's way out of his depth and I don't know how the fûck it's just starting to dawn on people that that's the case.

He was a car crash last season and he's a car crash again this season. Somehow our board can't react to deal with that fact though.

Completely agree as I say we should always have a shortlist of managers and players for that matter that we want to bring in if and when we need them. The board are completely to blame for this mess Pedro should never have been brought in and should certainly never have been given that amount of money to spend

Get board in room. Lock door. Draw up manager shortlist. Approach guy at top of list and appoint him.

Who you or me want is irrelevant. I can't fûcking grasp why the above has not already happened. We are an absolute farce of a club at the minute.

The shortlist should have already been in place before Caixinha left the building.

Last week and last night is down to neglect on the boards part and nothing else.
couldn't agree more Brick Top ,the club is a mess

An £800k payoff for someone who will make us slightly less sh*te than Aberdeen? After waiting a month, we can and should be doing a whole lot better then that

Their dithering has made the job a poisoned chalice that no decent manager will now touch.

From within 6 points of the top of the league to season over within a few weeks, beaten twice by the worst dross the dreadful Scottish top division can offer. A dressing room more divided than ever thanks to the indulgence of spoil brat Miller.

It's a shambles, wake me up in the summer.

We've played 8 League games under him. We've lost half of them to teams in the bottom three of the league who couldn't buy a win for love nor money until we roll into town.

There were so many signs that he was out of his depth last night that I'm past the sympathy stage with him. Wasn't just the players who failed us last night. He did as well

Replacing a mobile striker with an immobile one. Playing Miller as a winger. Playing Candeias on the left when it's clear as fu.cking day he's hopeless out there. Leaving Holt and Jack isolated in the middle of the park. Taking off the one guy who can supply a cross(however inconsistent he is) and replacing him with a rookie striker). Davie Edgar was right last night - What's the point in taking Pena with us when it was obvious Murty had no intention of using him ?

It was an absolute shambles from him.

An £800k payoff for someone who will make us slightly less sh*te than Aberdeen? After waiting a month, we can and should be doing a whole lot better then that

The longer we wait doesn’t equate to the better the appointment.

In fact you could argue it’s now the opposite and the job is less attractive than it was a month ago - straight into a powder keg situation with a difficult run of fixtures coming up.

The Board have been negligent here, gross incompetence is an understatement.

Because which manager in their right mind would go to a club that has a dedicated scout to find his replacement (!)

Precisely, would you like to go to work knowing that the company are just waiting for an excuse to sack you and replace you with someone else they've got their eye on?

It is not financial. King has already pledged £7 million more this season. It would simply come out of that.

I am praying they are lining everything up for a cash injection and a good manager to use it wisely.

I am worried that they are experiencing inertia through fear and that their delay is very obviously causing atrophy.

100% agree.

Show up. Sit down. Shut Up. Fúck off home. They are treating us like nobodies right now.

If this was the price to pay for the revelation of a real statement of intent with a proven big name managerial appointment that had to remain hush-hush for a period it might have been worth swallowing.

Hard to imagine that is the case though, is it?

Reactions: SDF
I’m of the same mind with the the op. The Board couldn’t agree on a move on DM so compromised on this application process. The underwhelming range of cvs has led the process being drawn out in the hope someone good would apply.

Currently the Board are staring into the distance like rabbits in the headlights.

If that is the case then is your point number one not an extremely naive and incompetent perceived option?

If this was the price to pay for the revelation of a real statement of intent with a proven big name managerial appointment that had to remain hush-hush for a period it might have been worth swallowing.

Hard to imagine that is the case though, is it?

They have arsed this up so badly that even appointing McInnes today would be met with "Why didn't you do this a month earlier FFS ?"

They've lost a lot of good will from the support. It really didn't need to be this way.

Do the board want mcinnes as there appears to have been no approach to him from us.

I think King did, others weren’t sure.

So we invited applications, but as Earl surmises, the response hasn’t been great (hence what looked like a deadline extension two weeks ago) and perhaps any approaches to bigger names (De Boer, Van Bronckhorst, etc) haven’t met with encouragement.

Getting back to McInnes though, you have to wonder what the opposition was towards him. For where we are at this point in time and what we need short to medium term, he looks a good fit - not thrilling admittedly, but you’d be surprised if there wasn’t a fairly immediate improvement under him.

So, was it that the board couldn’t agree on the compo.? Couldn’t convince him he’d have full control of the football side of things? Wouldn’t pay for his backroom team?

Whatever it was it certainly looks like something has happened to preclude him from the job and the real fear now is that whoever we do appoint will be a step down / stop gap.

McLeish until the end of the season (with the possibility of an extension should no one else become available) is beginning to feel more and more likely.

I’d have no issue with it being McInnes.

My gripe would be why it wasn’t done sooner, rather than waiting until we’ve fallen further behind the mob he currently manages.

I would expect the board to issue a full and through explanation and subsequent apology in regards to the time taken.

They have arsed this up so badly that even appointing McInnes today would be met with "Why didn't you do this a month earlier FFS ?"

They've lost a lot of good will from the support. It really didn't need to be this way.

the only way they can come out of this with credit is by making a blinding appointment and stating straight away that he has a budget to play with. As you say, any 'meh' appointment will see that exact question asked, and 6 points being thrown away being raised.

Maybe,just maybe they have been forensic in their selection process,have drawn up a detailed plan with decent investment. They will surprise us all at the agm? Surely thats what our club and our support deserve? Wishful thinking!!

As an aside,one of the reasons given for appointing our DoF was to minimise the disruption of changing managers. The opposite appears to be the case.

Everyone still seems to think that the board all think and act alike. They so obviously don't.

I'm loath to suggest that there is a split in the boardroom but it's blatantly obvious that they haven't reached a majority decision yet due to major differences of opinion.

Everyone still seems to think that the board all think and act alike. They so obviously don't.

I'm loath to suggest that there is a split in the boardroom but it's blatantly obvious that they haven't reached a majority decision yet due to major differences of opinion.

It’s not a bad thing that there’s more than one opinion though, that’s actually positive.

It’s just that I’d expect there to be a more streamlined way of coming to an agreement.

We've played 8 League games under him. We've lost half of them to teams in the bottom three of the league who couldn't buy a win for love nor money until we roll into town.

There were so many signs that he was out of his depth last night that I'm past the sympathy stage with him. Wasn't just the players who failed us last night. He did as well

Replacing a mobile striker with an immobile one. Playing Miller as a winger. Playing Candeias on the left when it's clear as fu.cking day he's hopeless out there. Leaving Holt and Jack isolated in the middle of the park. Taking off the one guy who can supply a cross(however inconsistent he is) and replacing him with a rookie striker). Davie Edgar was right last night - What's the point in taking Pena with us when it was obvious Murty had no intention of using him ?

It was an absolute shambles from him.

Totally agree. You, me and Stevie Wonder could see after last seasons farce in Dundee and Inverness that the guy wasn't anywhere near good enough to manage us yet somehow the board find it fûcking acceptable to give him a run of games again this season.

FF, the bookies and just about any other place with any knowledge of Scottish football had the shortlist of potential managers drawn up within 30 seconds of Caixinha leaving. I honestly do not understand why the board cannot get that list, pick the majority favourite and go fûcking appoint him.

Yet somehow they were able to go pluck a guy out the depths of the Qatari league. It's dire management from the board and they are just as responsible for the recent results as Murty or the shite players who are stealing a wage from our club.

And on another subject whilst I am ranting, let's be honest here, our best CB isn't missing from the squad because he's injured. He's missing because of more shambolic internal politics within our club.

Whether that's down to Murty or not I don't know, but from top to bottom we are a fûcking shambles.

It’s not a bad thing that there’s more than one opinion though, that’s actually positive.

It’s just that I’d expect there to be a more streamlined way of coming to an agreement.
Agreed. They obviously all want what is best for Rangers which is great after all we've been through, but they haven't agreed what that is yet and the longer this goes on the worse it gets.

If nothing is done this week and we lose both sheep games then the shit will really hit the fan!

Totally agree. You, me and Stevie Wonder could see after last seasons farce in Dundee and Inverness that the guy wasn't anywhere near good enough to manage us yet somehow the board find it fûcking acceptable to give him a run of games again this season.

FF, the bookies and just about any other place with any knowledge of Scottish football had the shortlist of potential managers drawn up within 30 seconds of Caixinha leaving. I honestly do not understand why the board cannot get that list, pick the majority favourite and go fûcking appoint him.

Yet somehow they were able to go pluck a guy out the depths of the Qatari league. It's dire management from the board and they are just as responsible for the recent results as Murty or the shite players who are stealing a wage from our club.

And on another subject whilst I am ranting, let's be honest here, our best CB isn't missing from the squad because he's injured. He's missing because of more shambolic internal politics within our club.

Whether that's down to Murty or not I don't know, but from top to bottom we are a fûcking shambles.

He's allowed the players free reign and they've ripped the absolute piss out of him. Windass was in the papers saying it's great because "Murts has given us our midweek day off back"

He's done himself no favours with his "I'm their pal" approach. They don't need a pal. They need a boss. I like my pals but I would tell them to fu.ck off if they tried to order me about.

Murty's experience as a player (Captain of an EPL team and played for Scotland) should've bought him respect. He's allowed them to piss all over him because he tried to be their mate. That's on him.

Back