The Dhims lining up a bid for Lawrence Shankland

Heggy

Great scoring record for Ayr, 42 goals in 45 games, but must be big doubts if he can make the step up. Don't know if it's a lot of shit but they are supposed to be thinking about making a move for him in January.

By all accounts he is a big Rangers fan from a Rangers supporting family, should we be looking at him? Haven't seen him play but if he's decent we should be having a look even if it's for back up. Would probably be available for around £300,000

No chance is he signing for them. I know it’s often said of supposed Rangers men who then end up doing it but this is different, he won’t ever sign for them.

Haven't saw him play, is he worth a punt for us?

At £300k surely worth a punt? Gamble free really. If he didn't make the grade we would make a mojority of it back from a lower league side from down south

They only have Eduoard (however you spell it) and thumbhead as CFs so they will likely look for another. Cant see them thinking Shankland is what they need, or him wanting to go there.

Haven't saw him play, is he worth a punt for us?

At £300k surely worth a punt? Gamble free really. If he didn't make the grade we would make a mojority of it back from a lower league side from down south

I know we’ve been keeping tabs on him but unsure if there’s anything in it.

Gerrard offered him some kind words after the game at Ibrox earlier this season.

Great scoring record for Ayr, 42 goals in 45 games, but must be big doubts if he can make the step up. Don't know if it's a lot of shit but they are supposed to be thinking about making a move for him in January.

By all accounts he is a big Rangers fan from a Rangers supporting family, should we be looking at him? Haven't seen him play but if he's decent we should be having a look even if it's for back up. Would probably be available for around £300,000
Where did you get your information?

No chance is he signing for them. I know it’s often said of supposed Rangers men who then end up doing it but this is different. I’d be very surprised if he did.
Don't know about that. When the big bucks are offered it's rarely rejected. Look at that wee b astard S. Allen.

I've been told from a friend of the family that he is definitely leaving in January, he isn't keen on moving down South at all and wants to stay in Scotland.

Where did you get your information?

Was told by someone who is involved with Ayr. Like I say I don't know if it's true but don't think it's been pulled out of thin air either. He's definitely been watched by them on more than a few occasions as well.

Who's he keeping out of their team

No disrespect to the lad but is he really going to replace either of their main guys ?

More chance with us or another SPL team.

I think we should make a bid,his goal scoring record is phenomenal,at 300k it would be less than the lone fee for the likes of Solanke.

Who's he keeping out of their team

No disrespect to the lad but is he really going to replace either of their main guys ?

More chance with us or another SPL team.

They only have two strikers. Even as a stop gap for that sort of price it's not much of a gamble. Would be keen to know if we have been watching him.

I thought Rangers were already lining him up and he had already been at Auchenhowie. The rumour was we would loan him back for this season. I read that somewhere but not sure where.

This would just be a PR signing for Celtic. Getting 'it up' Rangers by signing a player who is well known to be a fan.(Scott Allan). If Celtic are indeed after him, i would be surprised if Rangers aren't looking at him.

I thought Rangers were already lining him up and he had already been at Auchenhowie. The rumour was we would loan him back for this season. I read that somewhere but not sure where.
This is the deal that would secure him. It’s worth the gamble.

Remember signing Nicky Clarke from QotS when he was scoring for fun.Couldn't do it for us.
I think Shankland is a better bet and I'd take a chance with him.Sign him and loan him back to help Ayr win their league could be good for him and us

Pash. He doesn’t want to make millions of cash. lol just lol

What on Earth are you talking about?

He isn’t making millions regardless of where he ends up.

As for staying in Scotland, that’s his preference 100%, for a variety of personal reasons.

However, I’m sure if it’s the right offer, and there is nothing doing in Scotland, he will move wherever.

If we’re signing him I’d hope loan him back for the remainder of the season so he can help keep Dundee Hibernian down.

Plus, we need a proven striker at our level in January, not potential.

I don't see the point in loaning him out. I'd have him around the squad and coaching staff in order to develop and allow him to adjust to the surroundings.

If we’re signing him I’d hope loan him back for the remainder of the season so he can help keep Dundee Hibernian down.

Plus, we need a proven striker at our level in January, not potential.

I sort of agree with this

However I think he is a better option than Lafferty if we want goals.
I would be a bit annoyed if we missed out on this and the scum get him for a few hundred thousand.
I don’t really want another fucking loan unless it is an established experienced player, a young guy with no first team experience isn’t what we need if we want the title.

They only have Eduoard (however you spell it) and thumbhead as CFs so they will likely look for another. Cant see them thinking Shankland is what they need, or him wanting to go there.
They didn't need Scott Allan or Morgan either,but they still bought them, even if was to stop us buying them

I don’t know if he still has the ticket or not but his season ticket was 2 seats away from mine in the WE.

He seemed a quiet young boy, just said hello as went past him to take my seat but nothing would please me more if he ended up playing, scoring goals and winning trophies for us.

Attitude might* change if he ends up at them but can’t see him going there.

*definitely will.

I haven’t seen a huge amount of the lad but he is obviously banging in the goals at that level.

If he is as big a Rangers fan as some say, he should not even consider going to this rancid club.

Can anyone imagine him leading the line in Europe or a Cup semi final if we were without a couple of others?

Don't know about that. When the big bucks are offered it's rarely rejected. Look at that wee b astard S. Allen.
Allan was never a real Bear. Before he signed for them I was told by someone who had long been friends with both that Halliday would have run through brick walls to become a Ranger and Allan would chase the money. Came true.

Back