The difference between them and us

Superior squad depth, compliant referees & bigger budget are clearly factors, however Lennon has given us plenty of problems before as a manager - including when he was at Hibs.

We have our issues and there’s no escaping them.
What also can’t be avoided is the clear fact that teams play against us like their lives depend on it, and don’t do likewise when it comes to them.

See below for latest proof, “from the horses mouth”:

91-EF317-D-A34-E-4-D2-A-BF9-E-6-B6-C9235-A3-C7.jpg

The mentally challengeds take 2, 3 or 4 passes to have a shot at goal we take between 10 and 20. It's the pace of attack that beats the SPL teams that sit in and defend. We pass it from side to side sometimes more than once before getting forward then we turn n pass it back before going forward again. All it does is allow the team sitting in plenty time to get back n get organised.

You see them week in week out turning defence into attack in 3 passes, we don't do that near enough. Mind you with our defence recently it wouldn't matter.

Why so negative against the diddy teams. Does my head in.
We should start games against these diddies with 3-2-5. These semi pro teams strengths are keeping it 0-0 and timewasting. All guns blazing with better players. No respect. 2-0 up early doors and settle down. Like the crash barriers do with a lot of them. Toy with them after that.

Canni even remember that last time I posted on here, but I read every week and sometimes I’ve got to wonder.

We’ve got a squad that was touted as being contenders for the title and yet they’re fucking 12 points clear? Gerrard is the problem, or whoever at Rangers sold us that lie and look at Lennon’s record. He took them to the Last fucking 16 of the Champ League I think a few of us forget that. He blodied our nose a few times at Hibs. He knows his Job, that’s the difference! Gerrard as glorfied fucking coach and I’m fucking sick of it.

I think the difference is squad depth. Think our first 11 are good enough to beat them, they've proven it. But they definitely have better back up players.

Our form has gone down the toilet post winter break which we started with Tav, Morelos and Jack missing, just when we got them back Barisic got injured.

Lack of depth also means Stevie has less options for tactical changes or squad rotation. I reckon that's why things have gone so wrong for us post winter break both seasons.

We're in such a better place than we were 2 seasons ago. I don't think we should overreact, though some strengthening is definitely required in summer.

The biggest difference is actually off field .they run the sfa. We don,t they have political support we don,t.they fight there corner we don,t.unless we sort these issues out we will never have an even playing field.

I think the difference is squad depth. Think our first 11 are good enough to beat them, they've proven it. But they definitely have better back up players.

Our form has gone down the toilet post winter break which we started with Tav, Morelos and Jack missing, just when we got them back Barisic got injured.

Lack of depth also means Stevie has less options for tactical changes or squad rotation. I reckon that's why things have gone so wrong for us post winter break both seasons.

We're in such a better place than we were 2 seasons ago. I don't think we should overreact, though some strengthening is definitely required in summer.
Thats all well and good .we can strengthen. But we have a manager who didn't seem to know how to change things who is also tactical limited most of the time . Who Doesn't,seem to want to drop players who are,t pulling their weight and not playing well.

What also can’t be avoided is the clear fact that teams play against us like their lives depend on it, and don’t do likewise when it comes to them.

Simply because team KNOW they have a chance against us even if losing they know the ball’s burst against Celtic before a ball is kicked. It is that simple. How many of our 9-in-a-row team have said they won games in the tunnel.

This, this, this.

I have been slagged on here for stating that teams play completely differently against us, than they do v them and do not put in anywhere near the same amount of effort.

Today, Kilmarnock committed 9 fouls in the entire game. Against us, they have several players who will commit 9 fouls before half-time.

That lot had 30, yes THIRTY, shots at goal today. Can you imagine us ever having 30 shots at goal in one game against a Killie team that packs a defence and throws themselves into every tackle.

Also, take that lot's winner v the Sheep last week: The Sheep had 3 men up front on the half-way line, with only 4 men behind the ball and Ajer had no-one within 10 yards of him inside the penalty box. Contrast that to how they play against us, they play one man up front and they keep between 8 and 10 men behind the ball at all times, packing the penalty box, so there is no space. They even rested Cosgrove against that lot. Their top scorer, who is allowed to knock lumps out of our players and disrupt the game, yet he is not considered for a place v them.

We may play against the same teams by name, but even Pat Bonnar can see that we don't play the same teams on the pitch.

The mentally challengeds existing team was built by Rodgers. Treacle teeth inherited a system and framework that works. They went ballistic for 2 weeks after our win at their patch. A 2 week break enabled them to re-group. We, instead, imploded. Why? There seems to have been ’issues’ in Dubai. All we know is that our form has been erratic and unpredictable. SG has created expectations that appear impossible financially to deliver. As fans, we can only hope we recapture our form.

Intensity confidence and desire

3 of the things that we lost after our visit to parkhead for reasons unknown

At this moment in time he is on a different level to S.G the stats don't lie. He has been a manager for longer so you would expect this to be the case. No argument that he is not. Ask the question in a few years and the answer may be different.

The mentally challengeds existing team was built by Rodgers. Treacle teeth inherited a system and framework that works. They went ballistic for 2 weeks after our win at their patch. A 2 week break enabled them to re-group. We, instead, imploded. Why? There seems to have been ’issues’ in Dubai. All we know is that our form has been erratic and unpredictable. SG has created expectations that appear impossible financially to deliver. As fans, we can only hope we recapture our form.

They are better this season than last season. Lennon brought in a solid centre half to firm up a shaky backline, and changed the sytem midseason to accomodate Griffiths who has 5 goals since the split. Hes part of why they are doing well. There is a significant advantage in spending power for them but it's not the only reason they are ahead of us.

A lot of pish talking on here tonight ok let’s get things in perspective we are not playing well defence is included but Lennon all things great my arse he’s a lucky wee ginger twat how many games has he been forced to change and it’s worked for him just fkn luck so no messiah so get a fkn grip ffs

When they’re losing or playing bad, they change things up and turn the game around. Last game against us showed them to get it sorted and they have. Not dropped a point since I believe.

I believe genuinely and will probably get ridiculed for this, but Lennon is a better manager than Gerrard.

He has the balls to drop players and change tactics. I do not think we will stop them by next season if we have Gerrard. He’s great in Europe but garbage in Scotland. Saddens me to say this.
I've read some shit on here but this takes the fugkin biscuit.

Gerrard is a motivator. Not a tactician.

He’ll give us some of the best experiences (Old Firm games, Euro night) but I’m now worried he won’t give us the consistency we need to win the league.

The fear I had that he’d be the managerial equivalent of himself as a player is becoming true.
I think Gerrard is the “figure head” as well: the motivator, the leader. Which kind of points to us needing a new assistant manager

Simply because team KNOW they have a chance against us even if losing they know the ball’s burst against Celtic before a ball is kicked. It is that simple. How many of our 9-in-a-row team have said they won games in the tunnel.
Exactly this. Because of our poor form teams know they have a chance of beating us so play out of their skins to try and do so.

Oh goody-goody-gumdrops.

A love-in thread for TLB.

A more suspicious man than me might wonder about the motivation for starting such a thread.

Lennon has the balls to drop players because they have a bigger better squad than ours and any change in players isn't that drastic in quality

Gerrard can't go drop half our players without suffering a huge drop in quality

That's the difference and what years of free titles and CL money gets you

I'm also pretty sure that Lennon knows what his best starting 11 is. I don't think SG does and I think it's putting us at a major disadvantage.

The number of games we've started in the past month and been crying out for subs at half time? I'd say pretty much all of them.

We constantly seem to be on the backfoot, having to swing momentum back in our favour and make changes to the team to try and get a goal, stop an equaliser, whatever it might be. We are not controlling games from the start at all.

And the selection of the first eleven in every game is contributing to this.

When they’re losing or playing bad, they change things up and turn the game around. Last game against us showed them to get it sorted and they have. Not dropped a point since I believe.

I believe genuinely and will probably get ridiculed for this, but Lennon is a better manager than Gerrard.

He has the balls to drop players and change tactics. I do not think we will stop them by next season if we have Gerrard. He’s great in Europe but garbage in Scotland. Saddens me to say this.
The difference is that they're much better than us.
They have a better squad and they're far more consistent.
A 1 of game between us theres nothing in it but over a season there miles ahead.

Lennon changed his tactics and plays 2 up front and since then they have won every game.

Far better manager as we all know our manager would stick with same rigid crap and not change it. We have utterly blew it since December

The difference is they have a bigger squad with more and better quality than we have.

They also have millions in the bank , where we are more or less skint .

Funny enough after the last OF game most of their fans would have said SG was a much better manager than Lennon-heard a few say it.

They have a better squad it's no more complicated than that.

Most of the points we have spunked have been from a winning position. That fact makes me have serious concerns over SG's managerial ability.

It won’t last with Lennon - never does with him. We need calm heads and smart planning to overcome this. Not the mass hysteria, which we used to always see from them.

In the meantime, we must win the SC assuming the league is close to being done.

The biggest difference is actually off field .they run the sfa. We don,t they have political support we don,t.they fight there corner we don,t.unless we sort these issues out we will never have an even playing field.

We sort our issues on the park. No amount of floundering behind the scenes with the 'conspiracy' agenda is going to stop Katic having a howler and costing us points. We're our own worst enemy, surrounded by enemies.

They have the winning mentality. They have won every domestic cup they have been involved in. Imagine being in that team knowing you've been untouchable for so long, it's going to have a massive influence on your thinking and mentality. It's not just as simple as saying he's a better manager. SG is trying to change our mentality and what we have become over the last few years. For years they scudded us almost every old firm. It had got to the point when we were beaten before kicking a ball, the physiological aspect being the key. This was always going to be a long journey.

It’s remarkably simple what the difference is, Lennon and Celtic are consistent in beating the dross, that’s the absolute galling thing. They aren’t a far better side with wonderful players, better in each position, they go on long winning runs, we don’t.

It’s soul destroying knowing our downfall is dropping points to the likes of Hearts, Killie and St Johnstone.

Back