The difference between us and them

It’s not footballing ability, it’s not scoring goals.

it’s consistency and the willingness to dig in and get results even when you’re under the cosh and playing shite.

much has been made of their performances the last couple of weeks, yet low and behold they have managed to win every game since their draw at Kilmarnock, going behind to st Mirren and Livingston. We just can’t seem to do this.

what will it take to change this?

New officials.

it’s consistency and the willingness to dig in and get results even when you’re under the cosh and playing shite.

much has been made of their performances the last couple of weeks, yet low and behold they have managed to win every game since their draw at Kilmarnock, going behind to st Mirren and Livingston. We just can’t seem to do this.

I would add to this, we do not shoot from outside the box. "Them" do quite a lot in the games i have watched against packed defenses.

Sign winners. I like a lot of who we have added, but almost none of them are perpetual winners. We never have the bottle when it counts. The one thing I disagree with you on is the goals comment. Their ruthlessness makes the difference. You score goals, you win games. Last week by everyone’s commentary, they struggled vs County, yet won 5-0. We squander those chances...Alfie, Kent, Arfield all had scoreable chances today...and that’s why we don’t win games like today, and bring Referees incompetence into play.

The filth regularly string 8,9,10 or more wins in a row together.
When did we last win that many league games in a row in the top league?

Blaming officials just refuses to acknowledge our lack of consistency, which is what every league winner needs to have.

Say the same about Gerrard after every game we are done by decisions

He either fails to highlight it or glosses over it

If that was Lennon today you can guarantee he’d have made a big fuss about it.

We are so naive as is our manager when it comes to things like this
Maybe he just does the Rangers thing and looks at where we could do better rather than the mentally challengeds thing of trying to blame others and playing the vicTIMS.

We can blame referee’s all we want - it’s a redundant arguement when this management team and group of players can only muster 3/4/5 wins on the spin before dropping points again. That was apparently Gerrard’s 12th game where we have dropped points from a winning position - you don’t win trophies with that type of form.

It’s not about tactics, formations or styles of play anymore. The bottom line is that this group of players don’t have the guile or the drive to grind out wins in the face of adversity. I haven’t seen anything to suggest that they are able to or will ever be able to, given the majority of these guys have been at the club for 18-24 months now.

Our squad is accustomed to giving in when the pressure is on.

Their squad is accustomed to grinding out a win when the pressure is on.

Nobody in our team constantly nip nip nipping the refs nut and questioning every decision right or wrong. Nobody standing up for their team mates and in the face of the opposition when they get clobbered. We seem to allow the opposition dictate the pace of the game by time wasting and never complian about it.

They get the rub of the green with decisions and teams don't seem to take their chances against them. The ball also just seems to fall for them at the right time as well like Ajeti's goal at Tannadice. In terms of decisions then look at yesterday their 2nd goal looked offside and Livi miss a sitter at the end. St Mirren by all accounts should have had a penalty for handball and it wasn't given. We have a simple offside decision it's not given and in the end it cost us 2 points.

I dont think comparing a draw away at Easter Road is the same as coming from behind and beating bottom of the league fodder either. They haven't won in the league since 2014 at Easter Road for example but does that make today acceptable? No it doesn't as we only have ourselves to blame.

They don't fanny about trying to get the perfect goal. They are direct, they shoot on site and they move as one.

Agree but you missed out the help from the officials as well...

Unless we learn to put teams away early, we will struggle again this season. We start slowly and switch off too often.

Jock Tamson have their cup final against us every week. Against that mob however, they’re beaten before kick off.
The filth also have the officials in their pockets.

Bar Aberdeen I think every team has taken points off them in the last few seasons, so this just isn't true.

It's a myth repeated often enough to excuse our inability to get over the line against these teams.

Today was no disaster but I do understand the frustration that comes out with every dropped point. We have become accustomed to seeing this team choke at the pivotal moments that decide the outcome of silverware, all too often.

And they don't get game changing wrong decisions given against them.

Last edited:
Defiance and refusing to accept a loss or draw. I’ve watched Rangers teams for years who were loaded with that.

That’s nonsense mate. It’s refereeing. Look at the decisions today and yesterday. Your question should be ‘what will it take to change this?’

Appalled at our pedestrian performance today but let’s not dress it up some of the Hibs fouls repeated next week will result in them being one, maybe two bodies light.
Also it would seem Morelos is the only player in Scottish football who isn’t allowed to contest a foul against him, Robertson keeping up his record of booking him for feck all.

So what happened when they drew with Kilmarnock? Was that them bottling it in a crucial game? Or is that only when we drop points?

What about last season when they lost at Livi and we beat Hamilton to go top? Bottle jobs?

Or is it just normal for us and them to draw the odd game during the season?
So you mentioning the odd one or two games means the point is irrelevant,
Once again, underlining once again we failed to put real pressure on them but you already know that.

Blaming officials just refuses to acknowledge our lack of consistency, which is what every league winner needs to have.
six is the most since we rejoined SPL and that was once.

Europe is great when your in the stadium home and away but the reality for me means it’s a distraction. We need to focus on 55

Maybe so but one doesn’t negate the other, Hibs in Andy Shockers words today were nasty, why were they allowed to be nasty is the question that nobody at Ibrox, including our more apathetic fans seem to want to answer.
Equate Morelos’s booking with the two Hibs elbows and the deliberate studding on Kent’s foot, all yellow cards, aye your having a fecking laugh, unfortunately it’s not funny but it is consistently happening every week.

They have the ability to edge teams out in close games although it helps getting every decision going.

If we don’t get 2 goals clear we are very vulnerable. Unfortunately I still think we are very weak mentally

The difference is that if that was them today, Hibs equaliser wouldn’t have stood and the late goal we scored would have stood for them.

I used to think teams roughed us up because we are soft. It's nothing to do with that, if the opposition roughs up the mentally challengeds they get sent off for it. They rough us up because they get a free pass to do it. The mentally challengeds aren't somehow tougher than us, they just don't have to deal with the same bullshit refereeing decisions as we do up here.

The club should speak out but we know why they don't. They don't want to face the mockery and derision from the press in Scotland. It's not dignified. It's cowardice. Gerrard called them out after his first ever league match and they fined/suspended him for it.

There’s no way they concede a goal like that at 2-1 up.

The difference is clearly they know how to grind out results and win games, we don’t.

It’s as simple as that, folk seem to have erased last season and the season before from their minds.

The filth were coasting to the title with embarrassing ease before it was halted, it had nothing to do with referees.
Whilst I agree with most of that, the referees have had a direct effect on some of our results, last few years in particular. It's not the main reason but it's definitely a contributing factor.

I think we were unlucky today. 2 world class saves and a ridiculous decision cost us. I agree though they always find a way and get a bit of luck. A bit of luck our way and being more clinical and we will be fine. Thing that worries me is we've been needing to be more clinical for years, it just can't be in there

Scum players can handle pressure. More leaders and winners in their team.
It's been the case for several years.

Its not mutually exclusive points we are inconsistent and miss easy chances could we do better yes

but the refs are also influencing the games in a negative way for us and a positive way for the scum

Like it or not certain refs are cheating as the decisions in similar circumstances are different for us than any other team.

They have the ability to edge teams out in close games although it helps getting every decision going.

If we don’t get 2 goals clear we are very vulnerable. Unfortunately I still think we are very weak mentally
They won there last two by a single goal. You just expect them to hold out. It's what they do.
I am sure I am not the only one that suspected we would lose a goal the longer the game remained so tight.

the refs decision's caught up with us today we should've won that if the officials do there job but they know how important this season is for the pedo cult.

If hibs put in that performance and effort next week then there is every chance they'll take points.

Hibs are the best of the rest in the league.

Back