The difference today

WATP

So after being at the game and then taking a few hrs to digest my thoughts, it’s clear to me that we are very very near to them.....however we need some quality now and it’s not just on the park!

Murty has done very well for an u20s coach but he’s not the long term answer....he’s not decisive enough for me!

Goss was lost in that game today, he was at fault for 2 of their goals in terms of the space and time he allowed them. I said he shouldn’t have came out after 1st half....we needed to get busier and in their faces in midfield. Windass scores a peach but he went missing for the majority of the game and awol in the 2nd half......you simply can’t have 2 players in our side who offer very little defensively.
Both these guys failed time and again to get in amongst it and doing the hard graft off the ball...when they did try to muscle into their midfielders they ended up on their arses more often than not.

Murty failed to recognise that we were too lightweight with those two and should have made a change before he did.

For the Dembele goal I have to say also Foderingham will look back at that and think what the %^*& am I doing away out there in no man’s land.....if he’s not then he needs replaced too!!!

As for Morelos.....a strong manager grabs him by the nuts and tells him to concentrate his energy on putting the ball in the back of the net and not on fielding his huffs.....they are starting to grind on the support and when you can’t buy a goal you need to show 200% effort not dick about like a primary school kid!

No knee jerk reactions simple facts of reality!

Agree on Goss, he needs to work on his physique, their players left him on his arse far too much. Our centre defence is also a problem area. We were missing McCrorie and then when Bates went off, we were weak in the 2 most important areas of the field.

Agree on Goss, he needs to work on his physique, their players left him on his arse far too much. Our centre defence is also a problem area. We were missing McCrorie and then when Bates went off, we were weak in the 2 most important areas of the field.
Yeh McCrorie would have offered that physical presence that was so lacking. Today was so difficult to take as they were there to be taken....we just failed in certain areas to do what needed to be done.....the equaliser at halftime was so so cheap as was their 3rd! How a 2 on 1 ends up in a goal in quite frankly unbelievable!!!

Unfortunately today was our chance. They will strengthen in the off season and we will be back at square one. We can only hope they invest poorly whilst we pick up a gem or two

So after being at the game and then taking a few hrs to digest my thoughts, it’s clear to me that we are very very near to them.....however we need some quality now and it’s not just on the park!

Murty has done very well for an u20s coach but he’s not the long term answer....he’s not decisive enough for me!

Goss was lost in that game today, he was at fault for 2 of their goals in terms of the space and time he allowed them. I said he shouldn’t have came out after 1st half....we needed to get busier and in their faces in midfield. Windass scores a peach but he went missing for the majority of the game and awol in the 2nd half......you simply can’t have 2 players in our side who offer very little defensively.
Both these guys failed time and again to get in amongst it and doing the hard graft off the ball...when they did try to muscle into their midfielders they ended up on their arses more often than not.

Murty failed to recognise that we were too lightweight with those two and should have made a change before he did.

For the Dembele goal I have to say also Foderingham will look back at that and think what the %^*& am I doing away out there in no man’s land.....if he’s not then he needs replaced too!!!

As for Morelos.....a strong manager grabs him by the nuts and tells him to concentrate his energy on putting the ball in the back of the net and not on fielding his huffs.....they are starting to grind on the support and when you can’t buy a goal you need to show 200% effort not dick about like a primary school kid!

You make good points, most of which are difficult to disagree with.

For Dembele's goal I'd be more concerned at my centre half not being able to deal with a ball lumped 60 yards up the park into his channel rather than the keeper's positioning, albeit it wasn't great.

During the week we were treated to people telling us we should break the bank and sign Goss for £5m. Today proved what lunacy that is.

Murty is a good guy but he is a coach and not a manager. Today Rodgers managed his team and the situation when they went to 10men, Murty waited until the usual 70minute mark to get a sub sorted out.

Morelos offers the team so much with his willingness to lead the line and with his work rate but lets not miss the fact he misses too many sitters.
If we get offered anything close to the reputed £7-£10m alleged from China we should be driving him to the airport.

The difference today was the managers.
Down to 10 men and Brenda Brings on a 2nd striker which paid off.
Murty didn't till we lost the 3rd goal, an experienced manager brings on Miller and Cummings the minute they go down to 10 as a signal of intent to win.
Do that and the tims don't bring on the 2nd striker as they are too worried shoring up their defence to combat our attacking players.
Brenda showed his experience and Murty showed he is an U20 coach.
Someone like Walter would have destroyed that mob today

Morelos offers the team so much with his willingness to lead the line and with his work rate but lets not miss the fact he misses too many sitters.
If we get offered anything close to the reputed £7-£10m alleged from China we should be driving him to the airport.
Not a sly dig after he has missed an absolute sitter but if we are ever offered that kind of money again I would be very surprised .

In all truth,If what was reputed to be turned down was turned down it is astonishing

why did we only use 2 subs today and not bting Miller or Holt on, very very strange

So just when are we gonna beat those mutants?

Today is as good a chance as we've had in a number of years. We were at home, playing well, on a good run of victories, took the lead in the first 3minutes but we struggled to see if out.

We're close, we just need to get that first victory and that will give a massive injection of belief to our players.
Hopefully today's pain at losing will serve as a catalyst to a victory next time.

So just when are we gonna beat those mutants?
Probably the next game. The ones who played today now know what it's about. Take our chances then who knows. What they know now is that we can score against them and we are not the team from last season. To stop them doing the treble is a massive incentive.

Our manager should have changed the game plan as soon as they went to 10, he never we suffered.

Probably the next game. The ones who played today now know what it's about. Take our chances then who knows. What they know now is that we can score against them and we are not the team from last season. To stop them doing the treble is a massive incentive.
I’m usually glass half full but I can’t see us winning the semi, they will be stronger then personnel wise.

I’m usually glass half full but I can’t see us winning the semi, they will be stronger then personnel wise.

So will we.

We can’t be any weaker at centre half.

Best case scenario, Bates injury is bruising and he’s back quickly, mccrorie fit, Martin fit. Worst case surely one of them is fit and we can drop cardossa.

So will we.

We can’t be any weaker at centre half.

Best case scenario, Bates injury is bruising and he’s back quickly, mccrorie fit, Martin fit. Worst case surely one of them is fit and we can drop cardossa.
Will McCrorie be back? Him and Bates and I would also prefer a solid midfield with Windass on the bench.

Back