The dinosaur that is Chic Young!

Hardly a stonewall. Seen them given. Seen them not given. It would have been very harsh.
To use BT's favorite phrase when Rangers are playing, "it's a coming together".

To be honest thought this guy had been put out to pasture years ago but I've just read on the BBC website that St Mirren were denied a stonewall penalty and the author of this piece of nonsense is none other than the dinosaur that is Chic Young. I know that the idiot used to claim that St Mirren were his team but even the most die hard fan would have known that it was never a penalty.
I guess however that will be the official BBC stance on the incident.
It was at half time on Radio Scotland.

You can usually tell by the way the players react there was no players round the ref and none of them chasing him halfway up the park

I heard them on the radio. All game they went on about a penalty which should have been awarded against Helander. Dodds, Young and another said it was a pen. Later when Helander got booked they then said it should be a red as he should have been booked for the pen. That alone showed just how thick they are. Obviously if the pen had been given then the yellow he later got would not have happened as the whole course of the game would have been changed.

Just checked the stats on flashscore and the bbc and they are both saying st mirren had 60% possession. Surely that can’t be right? Lol
Just seen that on the BBC website. I must have been watching a different game or they included the st boo pre-match warm up in the possession stats.
Not that I give two fecks about them but Chuck also came out with “Gary MacKenzie, who must be looking like Scotland material for centre-half.”

I don’t know what is more tragic, him for writing it or that mob for actually printing it

So Chick Young says it was a stonewall penalty. Just another of the many stupid comments made by a stupid man.

Sounds like he's trying to keep his job at the misinforming broadcasting corporation...anyways you're not guaranteed to score from a penalty , so its not like a goal chopped off ?

I heard them on the radio. All game they went on about a penalty which should have been awarded against Helander. Dodds, Young and another said it was a pen. Later when Helander got booked they then said it should be a red as he should have been booked for the pen. That alone showed just how thick they are. Obviously if the pen had been given then the yellow he later got would not have happened as the whole course of the game would have been changed.

Shows their hatred. Want a RED card & none of them were even fouls :D

Wee Chico slept wi a journalist , once a tosser always a tosser . Has anyone ever taken him seriously , a joke figure in Scottish football .

To a man, all were claiming blatnt pen.

Mcfadden even said Goodwin would hopefully be angry at the ref.....

That wee fud was having an interview with David Murray shortly after we signed Seb Rozental from Universidad Catolica,he asked Murray how the fans would react to Rozental being a catholic,it was hilarious after Murray told him Rozental was a Jew

Remember the BBC sent Young over to Chile to interview Rosenthal while he was recovering from injury?

I watched the game on BT. After some analysis, it was shown to not be a penalty. Sutton even acknowledged this. BT emphasised how comfortable Rangers were.

After the game I heard the after match analysis on Radio Scotland. They had decided by this point that it was a stonewaller and St Mirren would rightly be aggrieved as the game could have been so much different.

Like two different incidents at two different games. Mental.

Thanks. I’ll take another look when I get home. If it was shown at half time I won’t have it.

I think it was half time mate to be honest Ed. But it did clearly show Helander having his heel clipped & falling first.

Sutton, Craigan, McCoist & Rae all agreed & then later on Mark Wilson & Dalziel also said they had seen it too & it wasn’t a penalty.

All the best mate, G

I watched the game on BT. After some analysis, it was shown to not be a penalty. Sutton even acknowledged this. BT emphasised how comfortable Rangers were.

After the game I heard the after match analysis on Radio Scotland. They had decided by this point that it was a stonewaller and St Mirren would rightly be aggrieved as the game could have been so much different.

Like two different incidents at two different games. Mental.

Incredible.

And seemingly they wanted the double with Helander being shown RED when he didn’t even commit either foul.

That’s what we are up against with that organisation that we finance.

I was working today and listened to them on the radio at half time. Every single one of them said it was a stonewaller. I believed this shiite until I spoke to my mate on the phone watching it. Unreal

well defended, got his body in the way first so would either get to the ball first or striker has too foul him

what they should be talking about is how Helander for got booked in the 2nd half, st boo player cant keep up with his feet and falls over, free kick and booking ?????

can u appeal yellows like this ?

Back