The disciplinary committee

Stonedandhappy

I meant to post this on Thursday and forgot after the result.

I picked up a hire before the game on Thursday from Hampden taking him to the Neptune.

He was telling me he's on the disciplinary committee.

Now all members have to declare their football allegiances meaning he can't sit on the panel if a Rangers player is involved.

He also said that when it was introduced, the question was asked and they were told you don't have to declare as you're on the panel because of your integrity.

I wonder if now we will see a fairer appeals panel since panel member with a vested interest are now excluded.

I meant to post this on Thursday and forgot after the result.

I picked up a hire before the game on Thursday from Hampden taking him to the Neptune.

He was telling me he's on the disciplinary committee.

Now all members have to declare their football allegiances meaning he can't sit on the panel if a Rangers player is involved.

He also said that when it was introduced, the question was asked and they were told you don't have to declare as you're on the panel because of your integrity.

I wonder if now we will see a fairer appeals panel since panel member with a vested interest are now excluded.

A rangers fan not sitting is fine, but a Celtic fan is ok?

This isn’t any different to what we currently face, the truth is we have no friends and very little neutrals leaving us little opportunity for a reasonable outcome.

A rangers fan not sitting is fine, but a Celtic fan is ok?

This isn’t any different to what we currently face, the truth is we have no friends and very little neutrals leaving us little opportunity for a reasonable outcome.
I asked if he could sit on a celtic appeal and he said he didn't know but was told that members couldn't sit on panels of teams they supported.

It may be a step forward but equally may be just a step sideways.

He said that most members were from Central Scotland with a few up north and a few from the borders.

This would appear flawed, all the teams that voted us out can sit on the panel if it’s a Rangers player.

It seems to me this change can only make things worse for us as no Rangers fan can hear a case involving our player whereas previously they could

Would be pretty easy to lie and say you support a championship or 1st Division team.

I agree with all of the above and in a normal world, that would put most fans minds to rest.

But we don't live in a normal world in west central Scotland.

My personal opinion is that it's to deflect away from the fact that we have had 3 compliance officers and all have been tims.

Basic distraction, watch the left hand while the right does something else.

Given the fact that the Compliance Officer previously held a Season Ticket at Torbett Towers, maybe that explains a lot - Since she supports them, she is excluded from citing Celtc players/staff.

I don't see how it will be any fairer. Any time our players are up it will continue to be people who hate us that make the decision.

Back