The Dutch version of Chris Sutton says Rangers were "hopeless"

Don't talk pish,if we were as hopeless as you say we would have lost.

Just because you win a game, doesn’t mean you have played well.

I stand by what I said. We were excellent in the first half and should’ve gone in out of sight.

However, we went in 1-0. We came out 2nd half and showed nowhere near the same intensity in our press. We were really poor in possession and our decision making in the final third was a real problem.

A real poor Feyenoord side almost took a point back to Holland.

Like I said, I thought it at the time and Gerrard pretty much backed this up in his post match interview.

There’s no way he watches that 2nd half performance and says, “go on lads, copy that!”

The result was good. The 2nd half performance was poor.

The state of the lady's front bottom. He'd fit right in with the pish stained 'journalists' over here
pic1.jpg

Looks like he's just tanned a 3L a frosty jack and smoked 40 roll ups, State eh his mad nicotine stained tash.

To be fair to mutton , he won a few medals an trophies - still a complete knob but he was a useful player.

I would have compared this guy with our old friend Michael Stewart , coz he’s won fuvk All and played for several clubs yet thinks he’s an expert but in reality he’s a loser

There is a lot to admire about Dutch football- and how they love to admire it! However, for all its faults, they were playing route one, long punt in the end.

His team’s feckin luck we can’t play football. It was 1-0 going on 5 as it was. Just think what would have happened if we could play football.

If this guy’s brains were dynamite he wouldn’t have enough to blow his hat off.

Fook him, Rangers 1 v 0 Fenienoord, sometimes in life you don’t always get what you deserve..... On Thursday we deserved that win and anyone who thinks otherwise is deluded .

Mate, other than a very short spell under Advocaat, we have never, ever played like that in European football. Even the much vaunted 92/93 team and the uefa final team weren't outplaying teams like you state. We were organised, had quality in areas of the park and stuck to a game plan. We could have been out of sight against a Dutch side who were champions of their country 2 years ago. It's a great result and a very good performance.
Superb post mate .

Delighted we won, obviously.

But the quality of football in the second half from both sides was pretty abysmal.

Rangers have been labelled ‘hopeless’ by former Dutch player turned TV pundit Johan Derksen, despite beating Feyenoord in the Europa League.
Steven Gerrard this week revealed he would use the opinions of the Dutch before the opening game in the group to fire up his players and they responded with a deserved 1-0 win.

But that performance failed to impress one of Holland’s most famous football pundits.

Derksen, a journeyman player for five Dutch clubs, before becoming a controversial presenter in the media, reckoned Feyenoord and Rangers were as bad as each other.
He said: “Feyenoord were hopeless, but the sad thing was Rangers were hopeless too.
“The atmosphere at Ibrox was very intimidating and Feyenoord allowed themselves to be scared of the atmosphere.

“If you can’t deal with pressure then you have no chance against Rangers. Feyenoord were overwhelmed physically.
“Rangers can’t play football, but they are physical.
The players of Rangers had a passion when they went on the park that you just don’t see in Dutch football. I don’t think Feyenoord won a tackle in the first half.

“And if you don’t do that, you fail.”

If football was only about technical ability then that Mr Choo (think thats his name), that does the half time tricks would play for Real Madrid.

It isn't and he doesn't. Feyenoord were not better than Rangers in one aspect of the game on Thursday and were lucky to only have lost by one goal.

Ok so I take it he only tuned into the second half and never once look at the score, unfortunately man without Barber pretty passing without putting round leather thing in net does not constitute winning game, old American Indian proverb.

He is a non entity as a pundit .....was a non entity as a player and always will be a non entity. His team got a 1-0 doing and he can’t handle it. And for everyone who has replied with all this ‘ but we were shite in the second half’ stuff why don’t you all %^*& off and go watch a Barbie and Ken movie.....NO team dominates for 90 minutes, there’s going to be periods in games when we are under the cosh and being outplayed....get fuckin used to it.

He is a non entity as a pundit .....was a non entity as a player and always will be a non entity. His team got a 1-0 doing and he can’t handle it. And for everyone who has replied with all this ‘ but we were shite in the second half’ stuff why don’t you all %^*& off and go watch a Barbie and Ken movie.....NO team dominates for 90 minutes, there’s going to be periods in games when we are under the cosh and being outplayed....get fuckin used to it.
Oh dear what an angry little rant, having completely dominating the first half I obviously mistakenly would have maybe expected our team to have stung at least a couple of passes together and not given the ball away continuously as we did thankfully we were up against a team that were technically sound but lacked a finish, this was not the best team Dutch football had to offer with them languishing in 8th place so let’s just say we’ll face far stiffer opposition from our next 2 opponents, let’s hope we don’t do as we have so many times before and just turn up for 1 half.

Rangers have been labelled ‘hopeless’ by former Dutch player turned TV pundit Johan Derksen, despite beating Feyenoord in the Europa League.
Steven Gerrard this week revealed he would use the opinions of the Dutch before the opening game in the group to fire up his players and they responded with a deserved 1-0 win.

But that performance failed to impress one of Holland’s most famous football pundits.

Derksen, a journeyman player for five Dutch clubs, before becoming a controversial presenter in the media, reckoned Feyenoord and Rangers were as bad as each other.
He said: “Feyenoord were hopeless, but the sad thing was Rangers were hopeless too.
“The atmosphere at Ibrox was very intimidating and Feyenoord allowed themselves to be scared of the atmosphere.

“If you can’t deal with pressure then you have no chance against Rangers. Feyenoord were overwhelmed physically.
“Rangers can’t play football, but they are physical.
The players of Rangers had a passion when they went on the park that you just don’t see in Dutch football. I don’t think Feyenoord won a tackle in the first half.

“And if you don’t do that, you fail.”
who is he?

I saw the programme and what Derksen said was nowhere near as bad as what is being made out in the DR. They have taken one bit of a chat lasting 10 minutes and, guess what, it's the negative bit about Rangers. The positives like "deserved the victory" and "fantastic atmosphere created by the home support" unsurprisingly never made it into the rebel article.

I am in agreement with those who thought we were poor in the second half and nobody will convince me that we played good football then. Our first half domination was pretty damn good but it would only have been excellent if we had went in at 4-0 which it should have been.

Dutch pundits regularly disparage Scottish football as being all effort but little technique. If you use Ajax as the benchmark then our football is rather brainless but only a handful of teams in the world can play football the Ajax way so it is an unfair assessment in my eyes.

Derksen certainly isn't anti Rangers and he tipped us to win this game in advance.

There's a Frankie Boyle line about some guy down the pub.

Give him a few beers and see what he says. That sort of thing.

He looks like the sort of homeless jakie that you'd expect to see in that sort of situation.

I saw the programme and what Derksen said was nowhere near as bad as what is being made out in the DR. They have taken one bit of a chat lasting 10 minutes and, guess what, it's the negative bit about Rangers. The positives like "deserved the victory" and "fantastic atmosphere created by the home support" unsurprisingly never made it into the rebel article.

I am in agreement with those who thought we were poor in the second half and nobody will convince me that we played good football then. Our first half domination was pretty damn good but it would only have been excellent if we had went in at 4-0 which it should have been.

Dutch pundits regularly disparage Scottish football as being all effort but little technique. If you use Ajax as the benchmark then our football is rather brainless but only a handful of teams in the world can play football the Ajax way so it is an unfair assessment in my eyes.

Derksen certainly isn't anti Rangers and he tipped us to win this game in advance.

Back