The End Of Plastic at Rugby Park?

Banned from Europa League apparently so will be made to replace it or play their games elsewhere.

Where you seeing that? It’s only the final they can’t be used for according to current regulations.

Also needed to be certified to FIFA Pro Quality. Whatever that is.

Didn't one of the commentators say it was getting changed for next season?

Where you seeing that? It’s only the final they can’t be used for according to current regulations.

Also needed to be certified to FIFA Pro Quality. Whatever that is.

Last years
Article 29 Artificial turf
29.01 With the exception of the final, which must be played on natural turf, matches in the competition may be played on artificial turf in accordance with the UEFA Stadium Infrastructure Regulations and provided that such artificial turf is certified as FIFA Quality Pro.
29.02 The owner of the artificial turf and the home club are fully responsible for meeting the above requirements, in particular those related to:
a. maintenance work and ongoing improvement measures; and
b. safety and environmental measures as set out in the FIFA Quality Programme
for Football Turf – Handbook of Requirements and the FIFA Quality Programme for Football Turf – Handbook of Test Methods.
29.03 The owner of the artificial turf and the home club must obtain sufficient warranties and/or guarantees related to the material and the installation from the manufacturer and the installer of the artificial turf.
IV – Stadium Infrastructure
29.04 UEFA cannot be held responsible for any damages to third parties resulting from the use of the artificial turf.

Commentary I was watching on Fox SA said new rules would mean they couldn’t but I can’t see them published. Unless he means the type used don’t meet the current rule.

I would imagine if that's the case Kilmarnock will ask to play their home games at another venue.
Hope not though, plastic pitches are just not on for top level professional football.

Last years
Article 29 Artificial turf
29.01 With the exception of the final, which must be played on natural turf, matches in the competition may be played on artificial turf in accordance with the UEFA Stadium Infrastructure Regulations and provided that such artificial turf is certified as FIFA Quality Pro.
29.02 The owner of the artificial turf and the home club are fully responsible for meeting the above requirements, in particular those related to:
a. maintenance work and ongoing improvement measures; and
b. safety and environmental measures as set out in the FIFA Quality Programme
for Football Turf – Handbook of Requirements and the FIFA Quality Programme for Football Turf – Handbook of Test Methods.
29.03 The owner of the artificial turf and the home club must obtain sufficient warranties and/or guarantees related to the material and the installation from the manufacturer and the installer of the artificial turf.
IV – Stadium Infrastructure
29.04 UEFA cannot be held responsible for any damages to third parties resulting from the use of the artificial turf.

Commentary I was watching on Fox SA said new rules would mean they couldn’t but I can’t see them published. Unless he means the type used don’t meet the current rule.

Aye that’s what I read.

You’d think if the rule was changing there would’ve been an announcement before now.

To be honest, there are far better quality astro pitches than the one they have!!

If they are upgrading then it’s a start!

The current one is a disgrace

Young Boys Bern had a plastic pitch in the champions league so i don't see why its not allowed in the Europa

So Killie have to upgrade their plastic pitch to UEFA standards, then get knocked out, before reducing big teams from Glasgow ticket allocations.
This is only going to end one way for Killie.

Their pitch is one of many depressing things about Scottish football. It is almost impossible to judge the bounce of the ball thete is little flow to any game played on it and falling is like landing on concrete

Dundee might be shit, as may St Mirren but they have very decent grass parks - it should be an absolute prerequisite to playing in the top league

No they put in a grass pitch for 2008 CL Final in Moscow

The same stadium the season before in 2006 the Crash Barriers played Spartak on the plastic pitch in the Champions League Qualifiers the night we beat Red Star 1-0 at Home.

Back