The endless nitpicking of friends does us no good

Rev George Walker

Everytime I come on here I see us attacking someone who is a Rangers fan. And it's usually for perfidy or some other accusation of breach of loyalty.

I see old Billy Davies getting it and McInnes getting it and Jim Whyte getting it.

It's like the fucking French Revolution with us sometimes - I'm just waiting for Robespierre to accuse me of being disloyal.

And even Bluenoses who played for Celtic - as most of us, myself included, were a million miles from having a pro career, we never had the dilemma of being asked to play for Celtic, see Dalgleish and Moyes. Even Scott Allan: the guy has diabetes and Rangers were fuckin around signing him and Celtic offered him circa 20k a week - shit now I'm comfortably past football retirement age it dawns on me how short a footballing career is, and for most, waiting, hoping that Rangers will one day come calling is too big a risk to take. Anyone who has a family will back me up, well most anyway.

Now thats not to say don't be critical - I've ripped into McCoist for his all round behavior as manager, I said Pedro was torture since the 5-1 humping (and been banned by admin) and Terry Butcher seems to have lost his way some time ago, to name a few.

But my point is this, we have real enemies out there, politicians, media, BBC, commentators, but Davies, McInnes Whyte aren't amongst them. And if u ever see a Dalgleish interview he's at pains to say his club is Liverpool. Moyes played for Celtic but so what, he was a young guy starting out.

Let's keep our powder dry for our real enemies - the Keevins, Tom English, John Reid's, Chris McLaughlin, Guidi, Lawwell, Stewart Regans, BBC, Glasgow CC and so on.

Everytime I come on here I see us attacking someone who is a Rangers fan. And it's usually for perfidy or some other accusation of breach of loyalty.

I see old Billy Davies getting it and McInnes getting it and Jim Whyte getting it.

It's like the fucking French Revolution with us sometimes - I'm just waiting for Robespierre to accuse me of being disloyal.

And even Bluenoses who played for Celtic - as most of us, myself included, were a million miles from having a pro career, we never had the dilemma of being asked to play for Celtic, see Dalgleish and Moyes. Even Scott Allan: the guy has diabetes and Rangers were fuckin around signing him and Celtic offered him circa 20k a week - shit now I'm comfortably past football retirement age it dawns on me how short a footballing career is, and for most, waiting, hoping that Rangers will one day come calling is too big a risk to take. Anyone who has a family will back me up, well most anyway.

Now thats not to say don't be critical - I've ripped into McCoist for his all round behavior as manager, I said Pedro was torture since the 5-1 humping (and been banned by admin) and Terry Butcher seems to have lost his way some time ago, to name a few.

But my point is this, we have real enemies out there, politicians, media, BBC, commentators, but Davies, McInnes Whyte aren't amongst them. And if u ever see a Dalgleish interview he's at pains to say his club is Liverpool. Moyes played for Celtic but so what, he was a young guy starting out.

Let's keep our powder dry for our real enemies - the Keevins, Tom English, John Reid's, Chris McLaughlin, Guidi, Lawwell, Stewart Regans, BBC, Glasgow CC and so on.

Why shouldn't Jim Whyte get it?

You make some good points but Jim Whyte is a lady's front bottom and deserves all the abuse he gets.

I personally don't have a problem with either Davis or McInnes and I do agree with everyone of the names your list of real enemies,but when it comes to Jim White I think this guy is a complete prick and the utter drivel that he spouts about Rolf Harris FC makes me angry . Also when he is interviewing ANYONE on SKY he,ll say my friend this my friend that, this is a lie he has no friends. Scott Allan burnt a bigger bridge than the Kingston and as far a I,m concerned he is a nothing now.

I agree with most of that O.P but Jim White is just embarrassing . It is worse than being born a jungle to openly fawn to them in the manner he does and if I met him I'd tell him that to his face .

Moyes played for Celtic on that basis it’s a no from me but then again I respect my fellow fans opinion

It is the Bear Pit....lively debate,frankness and disagreement is healthy...otherwise it would be boring.

Has any consideration being given to Graham Potter and Billy Reid as a potential management team..they are doing a great job with a small club in the Swedish League and in Europe.

I will agree with the OP there are a lot of well known gers men out there who have never said a wrong word about the club our the fans, but we attack them on a daily basis.

Some set themselves up for it White for example even big DJ who is a hero of mine could give a little thought into what he says,Can't go through them all as individuals but there are too many who let themselves down by pandering to the fhilths media lackies.

I think it's a message board thing rather than a real life thing. Look at the reception Boyd got the other night compared to the hate he gets on here.

This place is for the bitter old men, obsessives and the lowest common denominator of the support.

I have said many times we waste a lot of our energy on the wrong targets and I agree we are not good at picking our targets, but when we had our backs to the wall, on the brink of extinction, we received little support from many we had every right to expect it from.

We are not looking for sycophancy, leave that to them, but it is hardly surprising that many supporters feel badly let down by former heroes.

We expect the media to behave just exactly the way they do, we do not expect it from "our own". It is doubly frustrating and it is understandable they get it in the neck, as many supporters feel betrayed.

I think it's a message board thing rather than a real life thing. Look at the reception Boyd got the other night compared to the hate he gets on here.

This place is for the bitter old men, obsessives and the lowest common denominator of the support.

Well, I fall into all three categories and probably a few more.

You?

Two way street. We have ex-players, supposed bluenoses, attacking us at every turn for a wedge from the media. Our distrust is borne out of the media swinging heroes against us.

Back