The entire HMRC fiasco has let other clubs off the hook

superger

Scottish football now has its fall-guy for all its ills, as we've witnessed the last 5 years. More importantly, it deflects away from the shambolic running of other clubs in Scotland, Hearts as a classic stand out.

For sure....Rangers took all the flak, whilst the gutless ducked and covered leaving us to weather the storm.

Fans of other clubs have, for years, been droning on as if their own club chairmen are chaste virgins, devoid of any wrongdoing or financial impropriety. This decade we've had several Scottish club insolvency events and debt write-offs by club boards. Hearts conduct under Romanov was absolutely disgraceful, yet we're told by these grievance junkies that Rangers are some sort of Khmer Rouge style monster.

Always remember, the day we went into Admin - Hearts were issued with a winding up petition!

Scottish football's myriad of problems has been crystalised into Rangers being the " problem ". The self-righteousness of other clubs and their supporters is utterly mind boggling. The same scum who stood silently by when an unprecedented ref strike took place in Scottish football couldn't wait to get their boots on and give us a kicking.

Always remember, the day we went into Admin - Hearts were issued with a winding up petition!

Weren't there several instances of them being unable to pay players, pay creditors etc - but they kept getting deadline extensions

Several clubs have been placed in administration over the past decade or so. Livingston seem to have little regard to small creditors and run up debts/agree CVAs at will. Hearts were close to being wound up. Motherwell were run into the ground. Governance in Scottish football has never been strong.

Then there's the standing joke amongst Scottish football for much of the 80s and early 90s - the Celtic biscuit tin. They seemed to operate a "one for you, one for me" approach to declaring attendance/income for tax purposes.

Surely there must be software available that can used to accurately tell the size of the crowd at a match from studying footage and photographs, would be very interesting to scrutinize some Scottish football matches from the last thirty or forty years.

I would imagine that there may be a few instances of declared gate receipts & VAT etc. falling short of what would be due according to new accurate attendance figures.

Be a nice wee bonus for taxpayers if some of the windfall cash found its way into the NHS to pay for hospitals and nurses, who could complain about that?

Several clubs have been placed in administration over the past decade or so. Livingston seem to have little regard to small creditors and run up debts/agree CVAs at will. Hearts were close to being wound up. Motherwell were run into the ground. Governance in Scottish football has never been strong.

Then there's the standing joke amongst Scottish football for much of the 80s and early 90s - the Celtic biscuit tin. They seemed to operate a "one for you, one for me" approach to declaring attendance/income for tax purposes.
Also such a pity Wallace Mercer didn't go through with eradication of the Edinburgh celic several decades ago .

The falsification of attendances at parkheid was going on much longer than 80s and 90s I reckon it probably started in 60s when they started getting bigger attendances after the appointment of Stein and let's not forget that they were not only avoiding paying tax by falsifying attendances for at that time the gate money was split so they were depriving other Scottish clubs of income

I am going to be utterly wrecked the morning after we win 55. Not worth a button :D

Anyway, back on thread, the handling of Hearts financial woes around the undoubtedly illegal dealings of Mad Vlad still really sticks in my throat.

Wholesale government level intervention and massive writing off of debts without any consequences whatsoever. And I can't even be arsed reeling off all the others who have been basically unpunished. And it's still not enough for that devious fat Japanese's Eye prick.

The degree of duplicity in Scottish football is breathtaking.

Back