The Europa Cup draw - Rangers v Bayern Leverkeusen

They are good GW, but I don’t fear them.

I saw them beat Dortmund about 3 weeks ago but Dortmund committed defensive suicide to be honest.

Could be a high scoring tie. 4,3 Bears:D

Werder Bremen in 2008 Last 16 is all I'm saying mate.

They are a pretty decent team but they are no Barcelona or Juventus or Liverpool.

A few cracking ties with some of the favourites going out in the head to heads.

We somehow get through this then fcking hell Gdansk could be on.

Tough Draw particularly being at home first but i certainly won't be ruling us out.
Tough Draw particularly being at home first but i certainly won't be ruling us out.
Better first game at home mate imo.just endeavor to keep a clean sheet,
and your half way there.The away goal rule really changed everything.
Take a look at last nights results,the away teams did rather well again.;)

Noticed they got a few yellows against Porto. Demirbay was booked both legs. Do they have any suspensions kicking in?

Could be crucial. Fine margins and all that.

Me and a mate are gonna be Cheltenham for the first leg, staying in Birmingham.. can anyone recommend somewhere to watch the game? We're staying pretty much in the middle of everything.

Werder Bremen in 2008 Last 16 is all I'm saying mate.

They are a pretty decent team but they are no Barcelona or Juventus or Liverpool.

A few cracking ties with some of the favourites going out in the head to heads.

We somehow get through this then fcking hell Gdansk could be on.

My mates already been on to me this morning. Going to Gdańsk ?

Of course I am:D

But you just never know GW. Is it likely no.

But I’ve been to 2 European finals, so why not 3 ?:)):))

My mates already been on to me this morning. Going to Gdańsk ?

Of course I am:D

But you just never know GW. Is it likely no.

But I’ve been to 2 European finals, so why not 3 ?:)):))

I did the Day Trip to Bremen in 2008 GY.

I couldn't watch the 2nd Half I was in tatters. Stood at the back of the away section and it was wave after wave of Bremen attacks.

Think they had something like 30 shots at goal that night. Then McGregor pulled that worldy save in the dying secs.

On the flight home said to my mate we are getting to Manchester after this result.

He said that's crazy. I just said after how we survived tonight someone is looking down on us.

Anyway got home and after I woke up on the Friday morning before heading to back shift in work I booked the Premier Inn in Manchester City Centre for 4 nights for the Final for £160 for 2 of us.

The rest as they say..........................................

Every single negative viewpoint on here about the Leverkusen tie has already been said before Porto, Braga, Feyenoord etc.

No reason we can’t beat them.
Well said mate,don't think they will fancy playing us despite their fans overconfidence etc.

Great trip for us and the German loyal will be over the moon ,can't wait :)

very very hard draw, Kai Havertz for them is an absolute brilliant player. will have to be at our very best to get through.

I did the Day Trip to Bremen in 2008 GY.

I couldn't watch the 2nd Half I was in tatters. Stood at the back of the away section and it was wave after wave of Bremen attacks.

Think they had something like 30 shots at goal that night. Then McGregor pulled that worldy save in the dying secs.

On the flight home said to my mate we are getting to Manchester after this result.

He said that's crazy. I just said after how we survived tonight someone is looking down on us.

Anyway got home and after I woke up on the Friday morning before heading to back shift in work I booked the Premier Inn in Manchester City Centre for 4 nights for the Final for £160 for 2 of us.

The rest as they say..........................................

Brilliant.

I don’t know how we survived in Bremen, it was an onslaught as you say. That save by Shagger was just legendary GW.

As well as Manchester I was in Barcelona as a 10yo. I can still picture that day in my mind, the good & the bad. Saw us at home against every team that year so getting to the final gave me a nice wee nap.

Noticed they got a few yellows against Porto. Demirbay was booked both legs. Do they have any suspensions kicking in?

Could be crucial. Fine margins and all that.
going by the highlights I watched earlier they had no yellow cards beside their players names unlike Porto who had a good few.

Leverkusen will be the best team we have played yet. Very tough draw. For me, I'd say maybe only Inter could be considered a tougher draw!

Ano they beat Porto but the fact we beat Porto n Braga over 2 legs will give us great confidence. Come on bears let's go.

I don't think they're much better than a very in form Braga team were,and I agree with the posters saying being at home first suits us.They like to attack just as much as we like to counter.

I'm going to this one though so don't know if that's a good omen or not :))

Brilliant.

I don’t know how we survived in Bremen, it was an onslaught as you say. That save by Shagger was just legendary GW.

As well as Manchester I was in Barcelona as a 10yo. I can still picture that day in my mind, the good & the bad. Saw us at home against every team that year so getting to the final gave me a nice wee nap.

I wasnt here until 1979 (My Birthday today actually lol) so I I've saw us in 1 final and I'm still gutted by the shitebag performance in it.

Desperate for us to somehow right a wrong.

From the Leverkusen forum

"Perfect lot. Great trip away, athletic rather weak opponents. Second leg at home.
Add to that the fact that Defoe is the top striker from the Rangers for both games and the derby against Celtic is exactly between the games.
Running with us!"
So other than Googling our fixtures this guy knows nothing

I'm sure their management will not be as ill informed unfortunately

One of the tougher draws we could have got.
Though I suppose there are no easy draws at this stage.

The only 2 I would have legitimately felt confident against would be Copenhagen and LASK.
All the others seem like solid, dangerous, sides.

As it stands Braga, Porto and Feyenoord would have all fancied themselves to do well in this competition but we are here and they are not.

Leverkusen only 6 points off the top in the Bundesliga and well in the mix for a CL spot so I would wonder where their focus will be 2 weeks from now. No idea how they might tire or what their form might be like.

With the league basically gone I think we should focus on getting Hearts out of the way and then let our players focus on this tie.

They are beatable and if we find ourselves in the last 8 we could really be onto something here.

Back